new steam

Best answers
so i know uve all already seen the new steam skin...who likes it??? i for one LOVE IT... so post ur C's&c's on it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Care to post some pics for those of us with non-updatable Steam versions? ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oooh, ahhh, a new skin. Its better than the last one, but considering how little I look at the steam skin, it really doesnt matter. Just another irritating update between me and playing something. At least this update has something to show for itself.

On a scale of 10, Id give it a meh.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda like it. But, you COULD access it earlier if you put -clientbeta betaui in the Target option =O.

8/10 from meh. I just want Rag Doll Kung Foo!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
8/10 from meh. I just want Rag Doll Kung Foo!
Same, just replace "Rag Doll Kung Foo" with "The ****ing Friends Network."

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. I for one love steam though and am just glad that they're starting to expand it and sell other products on it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. I love the fact that we have to buy mods now. Thats super cool.

I guess the update is nice. I never really have it open for too long, so its not that big of a deal for me.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We do not have to buy modifications. Modifications can not be sold for profit; Rag Doll Kung Fu uses the Source Engine though it is not a modification to any of the existing Valve products.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Yeah. I love the fact that we have to buy mods now. Thats super cool.

I guess the update is nice. I never really have it open for too long, so its not that big of a deal for me.
Eh... we won't have to pay for mods. Why I like steam is because it allows games that would normally never get a publishing deal (Not because they're bad games, but because its different from the normal. Rag Doll Kung Fu is a perfect example of this) to be available to everyone for a low price. Plus it puts money into the developers hands instead of the publishers..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember when mods were free? Yeah, good times.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Day of Defeat and Counterstrike are still free man. Just the remakes for the source engine aren't, which is perfectly fine by me considering Valve hired them to make the remakes.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Remember when mods were free? Yeah, good times.
We just explained that modifications are free. Rag Doll Kung Fu was made using the Source Engine rather than modifying a Valve game. It is very similar to how Codename: Gordon was made.

Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source are complete ports and have been completely revamped. You make it seem like They Hunger: Source is going to cost money as well among the other ported modifications.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not fine by me, because Valve is always out to make a buck. Theres no way in hell I would pay for a MOD. Why? Because its a goddamn mod. Its not a full game.

DoD: S and CS:S are pretty now, so they cant be considered mods? Wtf?

Best answers
they are completely different engines, they built the games from scratch, it was a mod as much as halflife to halflife 2 was.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Its not fine by me, because Valve is always out to make a buck. Theres no way in hell I would pay for a MOD. Why? Because its a goddamn mod. Its not a full game.

Day of Defeat: Source and Counter-Strike: Source are full games which can run without Half-Life 2 (if you bought them outside of the Half-Life 2 packages). Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike before moving to Source were full games that did not require Half-Life to run unless you downloaded them as a modification for Half-Life.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:

I hate to break it to you, but every company is out to make money. Thats a pretty bad reason to hate Valve.

The fact is they hired the Day of Defeat team and the Counter Strike team to make their games over again on the source engine. Counter Strike source comes free with half-life 2 and Day of Defeat costs 19.99. Not a big deal considering there would be no day of defeat source if valve didn't hire them.

And just for the record, you techinically buy mods all the time. Half-Life is just a mod of Quake with the only difference being they liscensed the engine.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt buy half-life o.0.

Anywho, It's a better version of a mod and Im not going to pay for a mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, anyway getting back to the topic. I like the new layout. Plus I believe it uses up less resources.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Pain said:
Plus I believe it uses up less resources.
Yep, the other version would take about 50-60mb just idling, this new update makes it so its only about 10-15mb. Lovely if I can say so myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom