New Stargate Worlds (MMORPG) Screenshots

Best answers
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/screens/gameID/242/setStart/1/Stargate-WorldsScreens.html

About the game said:
Being in the final stages of pre-production until probably late spring, little is known about Stargate Worlds. What is known is that playable areas in the MMO are based on both historical and fictional human time periods, alien environments, and interstellar space locales. Also, the choice to play as one of the ‘Big Four’ races within the Stargate Universe (Human, Jaffa, Goa’uld or Asgard) is planned and the MMOG will adhere to the backstory of the TV series, with players affecting future stories.
Looks pretty awesome :yes: :yes:.

Attachments

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg what have they done?!?

this stargate **** has gone way too far, it was fine with Kurt Russell it should've ended there >_<

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Omg what have they done?!?

this stargate **** has gone way too far, it was fine with Kurt Russell it should've ended there >_<
pfft, shutup.
kurt russel was horroble and the series is just awesome.

Im definately going to try out this game.

Best answers
Somewhat old news, however.

Question is, will it be worth the wait? Let's all remember the hype of EverQuest 2...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>=\ its sci fi cheese and how dare you insult the greatness that inspired solid snake D:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie had a pretty good storyline and great sfx for the time.

The series is equal to Star Wars in terms of scifi credibility. I'd rather see Firefly 20 times in a row (Which isn't really scifi either, but at least the show was damn good).

MMO based on the series will in all probability fail.

I saw Escape from L.A. again 2 days ago and Kurt Russell is the best anything ever. If they make a sequel to the MGS movie (if they ever make an actual full-blown MGS movie), Kurt should be the older version of Snake.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
>=\ its sci fi cheese and how dare you insult the greatness that inspired solid snake D:
lol that just made me laugh.
solid snake ... hahaha

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See Escape from New York or Escape from LA, Kurt Russell is Snake Plissken D:

I must say, I watch the show, but only cuz there's nothing else on :x it wudnt be so bad if every planet wasnt a different forest >_<

Best answers
Big Trouble in Little China is Russel's best performance!! w00t!

Okay, so that's only an opinion, but still... Loved that movie. :)

Anyway... The Asgard will be an interesting race to play as, methinks. I don't much enjoy the prospect of playing a Goa'Uld...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, zomg Skiwan is the fail for hatin' on ma Gate :p In all seriousness though, I heard about this a while ago, and if it weren't for the lack of a decent comp and having some tough classes over the next year (oh yes, Karrde is going back for MORE school - shoot me now), I'd probably end up selling my soul to this game :p At the least, I'm hoping to live vicariusly through you guys :) And the screens are sexy as hell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Chill out you nutballs. I'm watching this thread.

I for one am greatly anticipating this.

*eyes start glowing gold*

You will BOW to you new god!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just hope they have "haired" Teal'c in it.

I'm a big fan of the show; great, original concept. I considered it to be a worthy successor to the mutilated mess of crap that Star Trek has become, honestly.

Oh, and Richard Dean Anderson's Colonel O'Neill is WAYYYYYY better than Kurt Russell's. The amount of great gags he supplied alone propels him into the ranks of great all around sci-fi characters.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt Russell's O'Neil was going through emotional turmoil because his son had just died... He wasnt gonna be all "har! har! isnt this alien an idiot" :x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So was O'Neills in a way in the beginning of the series. But RDA is just...well...way more funnier. Too bad the show will end at the end of the 10th season, I hope they will add a couple of more episodes with RDA. And at least give him a guest appearance in any of the upcoming mini-series/movies.
At least we still have Atlantis, I wonder if Atlantis will also be added in this MMORPG.

Too bad I probably won't be playing it, I hate pay to play games, I can't afford to spend 180 bucks a year for a game I play every once in a while. More games should follow the Guild Wars route. Now that I mention this, Guild Wars style would probably improve this game, as it would look stupid if 500 people are all on the same world. The Gate room/base would be the same as a city in Guild Wars, while the worlds themselves would be like an area in Guild Wars.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Russell's O'Neil was taking on an established empire and had no idea what to think about the Stargate and what he encountered on the other side. Pretty much everyone almost died at some point.

MacGyver, on the other hand, had plenty of time to just relax.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldnt mind being a uber powerfull Goauld thing, or a Jaffa with uber healing powers

pew pew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom