New Star Wars MMO

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello has confirmed that celebrated developer BioWare is at work on a MMO based on the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic franchise.

"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," Riccitiello told Portfolio.com. "The one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

When asked pointedly if the game he was referring to was the oft-rumored Knights of the Old Republic MMO, the CEO simply responded "Yes."

BioWare has made several mentions of its in-development MMO project, but has remained characteristically silent on which, if any, property it would license for the title.

Earlier this year, however, BioWare and LucasArts announced that they had partnered for an unspecified project, leading many to speculate that the Star Wars MMO was indeed in development.

No release date or platforms have yet been revealed for the long-in-development MMO. A PC version is likely, though BioWare has made several comments indicating that it may be considering a console release as well.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=53751

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm... not sure what to say. I love Star Wars, but this might not be a good tribute to it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Star Wars, but Bioware has made me appreciate the Jedi through Kotor. I'm willing to give this mmo a shot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*stares at SW: Galaxies*

*shudders*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm... not sure what to say. I love Star Wars, but this might not be a good tribute to it.
You know you're gonna play it.

How do I know this?

I AM RIK'S FATHER ***cshooooo*** ***shweeeaaaa***

G
No way to tell if it'll be brilliant or awful right now.. But if it's PC exclusive, it's got a chance.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love being a jedi, but im already tired of clicking on an opponent and waiting with bated breath. if they dont do something that differs from the other rpgs i have to consider it a failure.

so, heres to hoping.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*stares at SW: Galaxies*

*shudders*
Yes, because Galaxies is made by BioWare.

Anyway, if done right, this might well become the WoW killer we have all been waiting for. But there is a big chance they screw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom