Best answers
Really plain, sketched metal with a erased gohan is a bit plain..

I dont really like it.. 2/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very simple, you done a lazy job of cutting out the gohan picture, rushed sigs are never good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I think you should try something different. You asked me on irc how do do this effect, I told you and you made a sig out of it. Try using images better, like make them work with the sig. Metal bg, make the pic metallic looking or encase it in a border or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are 2 good ways to start. (In no real order)

1) Use tutorials. There are some excellant tutorials lying around this very forum. Dig them up and learn what you can.

2) Experimentation. Just fiddle. I did it on my first sigs and I was pretty impressed with what you could do.

Theres my first one. I got a little help with the grid and some of the tools but apart from that, I experimented.

Best answers
Their both, still kinda plain. You gotta use more than just the metal idea. Use a mix. Sometimes plain can be good and effective, but when you have stuff going all over the place, or something like Ryoko's example and whatnot, it gives a better impression. Grey is much too plain a color for a sig. Ill give a few examples when i get back on my computer :p Then again, im still learning around with Photoshop :p

Best answers
better, but i still dont like the entire metal thing for the sig :-/ What i will give you, however, is a commendment to the fact that you used creativity, something this world is lacking.

Best answers
Common dude just try some tutorials I only got photo shop 2 days ago and tuts got me from total crap to just plain crap. I even made myself a new sig.

Best answers
Like Deathbox said, there is nothing inherently wrong with simplicity. Don't feel that you have to add things just to fill space or add compexity. I think what you need to think about is what you want your sig to be. What you've done isn't bad, but it lacks direction. Why use the metal look if you add a canvas texture to the pictures? Why fit the text to a curved path? Why use that font? I feel these are important questions. Think about why you do something. I would say that doing something because it looks cool is not really a reason at all. There should be a unifying visual idea to the sig, and that should be the basis for your other decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom