New Rig I'm looking at...looking for opinions

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait untill AMD unleashes their little SOI trick, it reduces the number of transistors in a logic gate by a few, muliply that by a few million and you have one hell of a huge gain in power consumption, real estate, and lowered latency. Sure, it's far enough off that Conroe will have it's moment in the sun, but you can bet that Intel gave AMD too much time to catch up with P4 being as wimpy as it was with math processing.

Conroe talks a big game, but I'm not convinced that the innovation will bring them ahead for ever.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I didn't want all of this onboard stuff (the IEEE1394, the usb2, the high-def 7.1 audio, or the network card) but a friend of mine told me I could save a lot of money and use the motherboard's stuff for sound/networking etc. because it's actually very good on its own.
lol, you don't have much of a choice.

The only thing onboard you will benefit from replacing is the sound card (because onboard is awful if you have halfway decent headphones/speakers)

You pretty much need all the other stuff anyway~

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Mobos are notoriously "noisy" in terms of signal when you attach high quality speakers to them. I know the pain all too well -_-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I would change with the specs of your system is spend a little more and get a 7600gt rather then a 7600gs. 7600gs = 400/400 (800mhz ddr), 7600gt - 560/700 (1400mhz ddr).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's good advice I forgot to ask for, since I didn't know which of the two was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom