Best answers
Well i decided i'd make a portfolio site for myself so i spent the better part of this morning (about 2 hours) putting this one together is photoshop. I really think it turned out well but i can see places where I am going to have to tweak and move things around and I'm gonna have to add a banner.

Anyways comments and crits please

Best answers
First of all, I gotta ask, why did you make a portfolio site?

As for site crits, the font/text isnt too great, and its WAY too plain.

All it has is a 3dsm image and some white bars.

way too big of an area for affiliates

no name on te site.

enjoi

Best answers
That gold thing in the top left is straight out of a tutorial and looks WAAY out of place... You can do better!! I like the rings around the golden thing :) I give a 7/10 you got your 10 if you put something else in there :D I hate this 2 minute post rule thing... *Crys* *waits*

Best answers
hmm what tutorial is it out of? because i made it myself...well i took a different tutorial and modified it alot to come up with that effect and everything wont look as out of place once i make the banner which will go right beside the render. O and i'm not calling it a protfolio site because according to lee "you dont need a portfolio site"....nublet:p....anyways its just gonna be a site for me to pimp my ****

Any other comments and crits? I should have it completly finished by tonight....i just got home from hockey and I'm gonna work on it now

EDIT:this is the tutorial I used except i set the geosphere to "tetra" and meshsmoothing to 3 iterations then i applied the mtrl]

Best answers
Here is an updated look at it....i didnt do much except touch up the render and add a tagboard area. The only thing thats really keeping me from finishing this is the fact that I cant think of a way to do the banner :S and its really bothering the hell out of me. Anways tell me if there is anything i should improve

Best answers
Hehehe I'll try and find the URL to the tutorial but it looks identical to it... Even the same texture

Best answers
Originally posted by R@!D3R
Hehehe I'll try and find the URL to the tutorial but it looks identical to it... Even the same texture
so what if he used a tutorial... I dont see you making anything that looks good.

tutorials are made to be used.

and yes the lakrem reflection map is used on almost every 3dsm tut.

Best answers
Originally posted by sonic834
so what if he used a tutorial... I dont see you making anything that looks good.

tutorials are made to be used.

and yes the lakrem reflection map is used on almost every 3dsm tut.
You don't see me making anything because I don't need to make anything... :p And trust me I can make one hell of a site...

Best answers
Alright ladies, pull up your pants, this isn't a pissing contest. To begin with, everything is influenced by something else. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a tutorial. In fact, tutorials are made entirely for other people to use. As much as stock imagery and typefaces. No offence Raider, but did you figure out how to create the cliched scanline yourself? Did you design the typeface that your sig uses? Did you draw and create all the characters that appear in your sig? This is all along the very same line of thought.

Now to continue on topic, I think that you have a beginning Surfer, but this design needs work. I agree with sonic 100% on the text. It's unnatural. The interface suggests technical, the 3D image suggests technical, and the text is... not. The interface shapes are interesting, but I think the bars are a little too pronounced. They dominate the image. You might consider making them a certain percentage transparent so they are less white. Maybe a slight blur effect, possibly a gaussian on a duplicate layer to give it softer edges might be less extreme. It also seems to me that you might need a larger area for text. But you know better than I do what you're going to put in it. Some of the line work is a little crooked as well.

Best answers
well this is the last update i'm gonna post here thanks for the crit everyone. I know some of the line work is crooked i intend on going back to fix all it ans once I find a techy font I 'm going to replace the grunge font with it. For the most part this was a learning experiance for me because I have never tried to make a layout like this. My layouts mostly consisted of basic tables and other things like that. Anyways here is a pic of the almost finished layout

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still needs something more to the page

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well this totally pwns me. I have never tryed to make a layout or anything like it. But from my very limited graphical experience i did notice that some of the lines are a bit crooked. However it could just be me. But other than that i really like it.

Mystic-ROsHI

M
u need something that blends into the WHOLE backround... looks plain but its good. keep it up

Retired
Best answers
Originally posted by R@!D3R
You don't see me making anything because I don't need to make anything... :p And trust me I can make one hell of a site...

And i could take you to school at making layouts so quit thinking your all hot stuff.

as for the layout it looks good man. i know your not much of a imaging guy but your slowly getting there. I'll have to post a new layout i'm working on for the clan i'm in

As for the tutorial who cares, there made for people to learn off of if we didn't have them no one would know anything

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that is a good point qs it does look bare now but with content in there it would look much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom