Votes: 6 24.0%
  • number 3

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • none they all suck :-\

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the are awsome, Great job on the renderation. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kick ass work they all pwn, But i guess 2 is the better one.

Best answers
Is there any meaning to what's going on here? I only ask because I'm not taking a whole lot away from it other than a bunch of repeated amorphous shapes. Meaning is very important to art, even more so when you present things as abstracts. I also don't quite see the point to the floating vector doodads all over the place in Godgate way, or the type choice.

From a techinical standpoint I suppose that they are well done. And compositionally they aren't bad. They just don't have any depth from what I can see.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Number 1 is the best. It was definately where you should have stopped with that effect though. The second looks like a random imitation. Although, the effect looks best in that color as well. The third is alright, I have seen that style plenty of times though. I guess you can only do so much with any program.

1. 7/10
2. 6/10
3. 6/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all fo them would look better if the render had a different metirial on em..
i like your brushing, start practicing on 2d..
good work bro

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrDomino said:
Is there any meaning to what's going on here? I only ask because I'm not taking a whole lot away from it other than a bunch of repeated amorphous shapes. Meaning is very important to art, even more so when you present things as abstracts. I also don't quite see the point to the floating vector doodads all over the place in Godgate way, or the type choice.

From a techinical standpoint I suppose that they are well done. And compositionally they aren't bad. They just don't have any depth from what I can see.
this is abstract art

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Number 1 is the uhhh...............number 1! :fight:

Best answers
MinesSkylineR34 said:
this is abstract art
You have no idea what that means do you? Does that then mean that anything that isn't drawn as a reproduction of life is abstact "art" then? What is that element that separates an actual piece of art from a splat on the ground? Because if abstract "art" has no meaning behind it there is no difference between the labor of an artist and the unguided scrawling of an infant. Do you honestly believe that all the founders and pioneers of abstract expressionism had no conceptual involvement in their work? That it was all completely accidental or aesthetic? That it had no meaning whatsoever beyond "that looks cool?"

You are more than that, we are more than that.

Best answers
no one asked for a speach :tired:

looks good dak, but i think u should stick to sig makin like u used to

Best answers
I'm not sure which is more bizarre: that one would be against the defense of art in an artwork forum, or that you can't spell speech properly. This really isn't a speech anyway since I am fairly obviously not talking. Unless the "speach" is a cousin of the peach that I've never heard of, in which case I would have to agree that no one has asked for a piece of fruit.

Why not though? Fruit is full of vitamins and minerals and the fiber helps keep you regular. What's not to like?

Best answers
I like number 3 but they all are cool...what did you use to create those pics? ^-^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrDomino, i fully agree with your first post:

but the rest of your post are indeed kinda out of place...

at any rate.. i like them technically, as mrdomino says, but indeed, there kinda meaningless...

Best answers
WOTTTUP D!!
hahaah i havent been around here fo ageezzzz... that goes same wif art i quit like 8months ago but its good to see you kept goen..
here comes the crits
the renders suk ass in all ov em but ur not to blame so isall good
the brushing is really good..
i like prob the first 1 but the 3rd 1 has god depth juz too bad bout the renders... peace
btw ma piece well be out soon haha the come back piece??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how could we forget yo Worgasm? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They all rock asSasSin, i like number 2 best. Mr Domino your weird. Whats the big deal? They look good dont they? They appeal to the eye dont they? Abstract art is easy to do, but the kind that asSasSin has done is not at all easy. You sound like my art teacher that made my life a friggin misery when i entered secondary school/ high school

Best answers
If you believe that all there is to art is chasing what looks cool, you do not understand art. Art, by its nature, is not supposed to be easy to do. Sure, the action itself may be simple, but the motivation, the impetus... that is something that is very much not easy. That is the important part, the part that separates a work of art from a random collection of marks on a page: meaning. To the untrained eye, abstract art may appear as a formless and intentionless chaos of unrestrained thought and action. While this may indeed be the case with some of the work, it is only because that is what the artist is trying to say. You have to open your mind to that if you want to be an artist. Otherwise you are simply a machine that tries to reproduce what it sees, no different mechanically than a camera. I understand that it may be difficult to grasp in the beginning, but everything is difficult in the beginning. Study the history of art and draw your own conclusions. You may find that your art teacher was right.

I think Syd Mead put it best in a recent interview: "...[art] needs, most of all, some form of coherent idea behind it. Otherwise it becomes merely an experimental exercise and in the hands of well-funded amateurs simply offends the whole idea of 'art.'"

Best answers
I love number 3... Cause it has my name it it... irREVERSEaval... LOL! Nah I love all of em! But 3 the best!!!!!!!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrDomino, there is art that makes people go "oooooh this is pretty"
And there is art that makes people go "ooooh, this has depth and motivation."

I believe this is the first. It doesn't make it any less art in most people's eyes.

oh and by the way. Ooooooh those are pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom