• number 2

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • number 3

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • none they all suck :-\

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
I'm not saying that all art has to change your life or blow a capilary in your skull. It's a simple question of concept. Syd Mead is not really what I would call a "motivational" artist, so to speak. I mean that he doesn't engage in political commentary or have some grandiose social message. He's just one of the most renowned and ingenious concept and sci-fi artist of the modern era. He has a core concept to every piece that he does. By that I mean every element of every painting is intended down to the smallest detail: color, measurement, design, lighting and so on. Nothing is by accident.

You don't have to change the world order with every piece you design. But you should find an overriding concept that you apply to everything that is within a piece. Everything. That concept can be as simple or complex as you want.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually agree with MrDommino, the whole basis of any art is to comunicate a feeling or a purpose through an image. There are many arts, all try their best to comunicate feelings of the artist, even bruce lee says that martial arts should be based on the same principle. Abstract art is art that follows a different set of rules to the normal world, thats what abstract art is, basically picaso used different rules to make his painting, he threw away the idea or 3 dimentions in some and kep to two dimentions, instead of the skin colour being normal, he felt it should be green to communicate feeling, thats what abstract art is, it is normal art but following different laws of physics to the real world, i learned this from my fav art teacher, who has a degree in art. Art that makes you go "oooh nice" is graphic images, it by no means is realy art, unless of course the artist has an intention he is trying to convey. Just think, if you look at a peice of "art" and you fail to see what it is, or how the name links or you just see it as a nice image it isnt successful art, if you look at it and you suddenly feel an emmotion and you understand what the artist is trying to say, then it is successful art. That is the judgement that should be made. Sure these may look cool, and they look nice btw, but i dont get the purpose behind them, i dont experience anything when i see them accept "cool, looks nice", but hey, im guilty of it myself, when i draw something just for fun i dont consider it being art, i consider it doodles or sketches, when i put meaning behind my peices and try to communicate to the viewers senses i call it art.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with mrdomino as well.. as i mentioned before..

theres definitely a difference between using the same tools as an artist and making art, art with no meaning and only eyecandy makes you look at it for once and think.. "okey thats nice.. so?" and you will never look back at it.

but mrdomino, even tho you are definitely right, this is a fan community of a neat dbz mod, no professional art community, most of these people are at a whole different educational level/culture/perhaps age than you, and thats why they dont know what ur talking about.

many people seem to think abstract art is much easier than real-life art, wich is not quite right, because working an idea/concept into abstract art is nearly impossible.
real life is all around you, you see it everyday, and abstract is something that you'll have to make up, and how do you put emotion into something that doesnt exist?

a true artist is able to do this, and it takes time, skill and alot of talent to get that far.

Best answers
As I said, you don't need to change the world. I'm not expecting some grandiose scheme of ideas and meanings. All I'm asking for is some forthought. Think about what you want to say, then apply that idea to everything in the sig/wallpaper etc. I understand that everyone is at different skill levels here, I think it's important to point people vaguely in the right direction though. You need guidance to get better. Everybody does.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... this is getting off-topic, and I admit I helped it. We're all human and make mistakes.

Please get back on the topic of discussing Assassin's and off the topic of "What art is and isn't"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Since this isn't the place for an art debate, go make a thread in off-topic or something if it really means that much to you.

I like number two's design the best out of those three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom