new on esf! totally new ;)

Best answers
Hi!

I just hearded about esf the very first time, when i was surfing through the inet..... i like the screenshots, i've seen... so... to the players.. my question is... How do yyou like the game? I am downloading the game at the moment.. but maybe you could tell me soemthing about the game..

i didn't find a descreption of the gameplay for example.. are there teams? is it deathmatch? just tell me something..

thx for answering (if you do ;) )

bye

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF consists of three different game modes, team play, free for all and capture the drgonballs (CTBD). CTBD contains having to collect the 7 dragonballs to make a wish for the person that manages to get the balls together or steal that wish from the gather (in other words being quick to make the wish befoer any other player can). This mode is simlar to most games that have a capture the flag style of play.

There's a manaual to read that you can find in your start menu, or you can read the flash manual at esf-world.

Hope that helps you out ;), also weclome to the forums.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basicly the game is hard on people who dont read the manual so first thing is read it ^^

Anyhow the gameplay is quite fast and you have teammode or deathmatch. The newest version is 1.2.3 with 1.3 comming.

Note that you nead Halflife1 and STEAM to play this game online. If you have any questions about anything dont be afraid to ask. Also there are some modifications for ESF out there. But they arnt suported on this forum. For information on them you can look here --> http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=37175

And wellcome to the forum :p

Best answers
1.2.3?

i am downloading alpha 2.0

is that wrong? (i am still loading because of free download 20kbit/s)

Best answers
omg......

**** happens.... so.. now i am downloading the right one.. :laff:

thx....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you read the manual. Read Chakra-X's tutorial. Anything you can to learn how to play, before actually playing. Most people new to ESF don't read anything, so they think "pros" are "hacking" because of it.

Also don't give up the first time if you suck. Everyone sucks at first. You just need to learn to play, and get the hang of it.

It's a fun and addicting game. I hope you enjoy. Also, I hope you have Half-Life 1 :)

Best answers
ESF is an awesome game!! HARD to get at first (i'm still stuggling) but gets easier hard to stop playing :laff: :laff: :laff:

Best answers
esf is really not easy.......

but it's funny! i like playing it.. even if i don't know all about it, cause there are a lot of informations in the flashmanual..... but i think i will get it once and won't die allt the time :laff:

but i have a question while a battle between two fighters (melee) if i get punshed more than one time in a row.. is it normal, that i see black at the border of my monitor and i can't see the game for a time (sry for bad english i'm from germany, but the wohle forum is in english so i write in in english, too).. back to my problem... is that normal, or is it because of my bad settings, because of my bad pc??

and another question to melee.. if i block with the direction thing.. if there are allt direction in one symbol, what do i have to press? (not all directions at once of course...)

thx......

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
real goku said:
and another question to melee.. if i block with the direction thing.. if there are allt direction in one symbol, what do i have to press? (not all directions at once of course...)
you have to choose randomly .. either you're lucky and hit the right direction or not

(einfach ne richtung raten :p)

Best answers
@dj-Ready thx...

an that's really normal?

http://stefannagel.st.funpic.de/esf_gero_night0000.jpg
http://stefannagel.st.funpic.de/esf_arrival0001.jpg

and what about this? sometimes i can't read what is written ^^.. i mean the chat or if someone dies for example... is that bnormal, too? or is it bacause of my bad settings.. if it is because of my bad settings.. has anybody a tipp, for the settings...?
http://stefannagel.st.funpic.de/esf_gero_night0002.jpg

(if there is something like extern linking is forbidden or something like that just copy the address into your browser... ;)

Best answers
use imageshack for futere picture hosting (www.imageshack.us)

anyway ive seen something that sounds like your problem on my friends pc (old and bad one) the scrren turned black and the arrows was all over it....
using softwaremode is probably the problem

Best answers
i thuoght about it, too... in cs ihave open gl and since i have opne gl ive not had any problems (had had software mode before)

but in esf i only can play in software.. i gett errors, if i want to take another mode....

it's propably my sucking pc.... i will just have to live with it or buy a new one... ;)

but i have even a new prblem esf often just huts down in the middle of a game (mostly wihle fighting)
damn pc...... but with no money i can't do anything against it... so...
thank you fpr your support and for tips... i will try it with iamgeshack.us in the next few days ;) thx again!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im afraid you will get problems like that in software mode =\ open gl is the way the game is supposed to be played, otherwise you get a lot of graphical errors

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bad santa said:
wow u have **** load of problems go reinstall ur pc
Lets not be to fast with the trigger ^^

First try to update your graphics drivers ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope to see you ingame :eek:

Well, good luck on everything, hope you stay to the forums. Their great :D

Read the stickies, obey the rules, and glhf :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom