New Move for Trunks

Best answers
It wasnt that Trunk's was a street fighter that made him suck so bad, it was that he was always weak. When he first became a super saiyan he was weak because he wasnt very strong to begin with he just had a lot of anger and rage. He was always the weakest super saiyan. Gohan even bolted past him in a single year.

I'm not saying Trunks is weak but he was always the weakest of the super saiyans, not that he hadn't been trained properly.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well he wasn't that bad, considering how he could almost hold his own against both androids. Vegeta didn't fare so well, suffering a broken arm from one of his fights with 18, and Vegeta had formal training. Trunks just doesn't know what he's doing, but that doesn't mean he's slow or weak.

Best answers
Piccolo had the benefit of being able to fight against himself, didn't he? Trunks didn't have that luxury, and might not have cared to improve his technique. Besides, it's obvious from the show that he places power over skill - that's what lead to his mistake over going ussj instead of "perfecting" ssj.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good point, and one that they should use in the game. Instead of SSj2, they should give him his rare SSj1.5 transformation, which bulks him up but slows him down. People could switch back and forth depending on their playing style.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if they were even going to give him SSJ2 to begin with, seeing as he never reaches it and all. Although if he got it, I'd be a... happy hito.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Good point, and one that they should use in the game. Instead of SSj2, they should give him his rare SSj1.5 transformation, which bulks him up but slows him down. People could switch back and forth depending on their playing style.
Hmm...that sounds like a nice addition. I think it'd be cool if they changed his model. The current one is fine but I think he looks much tougher during the Cell Saga.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But of course he didn't use his sword in the Cell saga either.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
But of course he didn't use his sword in the Cell saga either.
you're right. I wonder what new sword techinque are they gonna give trunks???

Best answers
To get back techniques that is what we where talking about and how did picolo got his techniques he didn't had a master, it did't matter that he could split himself up.

The onlt person that i could give right here is Morrone i mean it is that trunks is just week (before cell i mean then).

Best answers
Yeah, but Piccolo's not like Trunks. He's more disciplined, and more tactical. Being able to duplicate himself meant he could develop an effective technique.

Trunks was only the "weakest" ssj because of his lack of discipline/technique/whatever. And let's be honest, there's not much in it. He was on about the same level as big bad V.

Gohan only surpassed Trunks and Vegeta because he was given vigorous training by Goku. If Vegeta had spent more time training Trunks instead of pulling his "Saiyan Pride" act and training solo, both Veg. and Trunks would have been much tougher.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to know just what the hell there was to do in the realm of time and spirit. They spent a year inside, seperate and alone. How much can you possibly learn from firing a bunch of ki blasts over and over into nothingness?

Best answers
Lol, its called training buddy. They did push ups and other stuff etc to raise their power levels.

And Trunks wasnt the "weakest" ssj cuz of his technique and style, he was just simply the weakest. If you see when Trunks punched the Androids in 'the history of Trunks' they didnt even feel it. Grant it they would have been tougher if Vegeta and Trunks trained together but nobody is a better person to spar with than Goku, so I doubt they would have gotten that good.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would go mad living alone for a year just doing push ups and blowing up air. Trunks didn't do any damage to those androids because he was barely conscious, not because he wasn't strong enough. Hell, when he was a little kid Android 18 felt him hit her in the stomach.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
>_O

FINISHING BUSTER IS NOT A BEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A BALL ATTACK!!!!

god its so annoying have to say this every single time someone say that esf has it wrong!! ITS NOT WRONG!!! burning attack is the beam and finishing buster is the ball attack

not the other way around
actually the burning attack is a ball attack and if u dont believe me watch the episode where he kills metal freeza, play DBZ Budokai, or u can even play Ultimate Battle 22
BURNING ATTACK IS A GOD DAM BALL!!!!!

Best answers
actually if u just had all the saiyans in a huge deathmatch during the cell saga time period i dont think trunks would have done so bad. he got a royal beating from cell, because cell was a must stronger foe then anyone else he's ever fought and he was fighting with pure rage. i think goku's kind heart would be his downfall, and the all out winner would be vegeta, cuz he's the smartest of the 4 ssj's. trunks i think could take on goku and maybe gohan if he doesn't piss him off too much.

Best answers
Goku was the only one who could compete with Cell until Gohan went SSJ2. Vegeta and Trunks were stunned when Goku said 'i give up' cuz they knew that they were no match for Cell. Goku's kind heart wouldn't stop him form beating the piss out of everyone. It never stopped him before. In the end if would be Goku vs Vegeta and depending how tired Goku is compared to Vegeta would decide the winner.

Best answers
well goku's "kind heart" let freeza live long enough to come to earth, led to his death in fight against raditz, and many other things. even vegeta says sometime in the series that he is to soft or something.

[EDIT] and goku is the only one who could stand up to cell, because he was the only person who fought him during the cellgames. Everyone had some training during the week they were given to prepare for torney so u cant really say that trunks and vegeta woulnd't stand a chance against cell. if i remember correctly, trunks wasn't the one that got his ass beaten up by a mini cell as bad as goku did :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku was immensely tired after his fight with cell, that's why the mini cell owned him, I thought they made that pretty clear. Trunks and Vegeta were having trouble with cell jrs.... goku essentially killed cell. But cell cheated and regenerated :p

And if I remember correctly, vegeta blasted cell (after cell shoots trunks) and did one of his crazy super renzuko attacks. Then cell pops up and takes him out in one hit. The cell goku fight was a bit longer than that :p

Best answers
Vegeta did get a beating from that Cell JR before he atacked Cell for Trunks.
And Also, if Vegeta stepped in and fired that Final Flash during that huge Kamehameha battle between Cell and Gohan which gave Gohan some time to finish Cell off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom