New Move: Explosive Wave

Best answers
Hopefully this hasnt been suggested before but ive noticed that in 1.2.3 the only thing close to an explosive wave attack were self destruct moves even though it's a pretty common move in the DBZ series. I was wondering if you guys could take a move like Vegeta's final explosion and balance it to it can be used as a normal special move since most characters have used an attack like that in the series.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Would be weird as it will always hit people close up and 360 degrees around you.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Would be weird as it will always hit people close up and 360 degrees around you.
Indeed, people will go around spamming it, ending up stealing kills.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Indeed, people will go around spamming it, ending up stealing kills.
But what if there where a severe punishment for doing that once, like having to start from scratch with your basic powerlevel as if you just chose a new character, after you self destruct?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Then it would be pointless...because kills are not everything

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or just make it drain 1/2 of your PL but It still seems useless to me when there is no real need for it with how you fight in Final compared to 1.2.3 and 1.3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, unfortunately there's just too many unbalanced issues with such an attack.

Although, I don't see why something similar couldn't be used in a 3rd tier combo attack.

Best answers
You got a point but maybe it could cost stamina or some of the bonus gauge and the charge time could increase so it wouldnt be an average move. It would be nice to have another different type of attack to use.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a correction there. 1.2 never had self explosion moves. Those were all fan based mods for the game.

But yea there are a few issues with that attack on a multiplayer basis. Mostly balance issues.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ECX has the ultimate sacrifice with Vegeta which is just what you describe, he dies and kills nearly everyone in the vicinity.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX has the ultimate sacrifice with Vegeta which is just what you describe, he dies and kills nearly everyone in the vicinity.
It was an EVM addition, that stayed in ECX. As said only mods for ESF have that, not ESF.

In any case we want to avoid suicide attacks, because you respawn within 10 seconds of your death.

And explosive powerwave is a ***** to balance out. Quite honestly i dont know where to start.

Best answers
I understand if you would have trouble balancing it but i was only using vegetas attack so you would know what i was talking about, that attack is a pretty extreme version of what im suggesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom