New Modeler in Town.

Best answers
I just started modeling today, and what better to start off with then a nice lookin Kirby model, pretty sure it belongs here. I know I need to add the blush to his cheeks. But any C&C would be appreciated. I use Wings 3D any other good apps to use?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wtf is the sudden obsession with kirby???????????

nothing really to crit...its a ball with feet and stumps... speaking of the stumps, theres 2 polies i can see on each, that you could make disapear. also, why are the eyes modeled like that?

Best answers
You know it's really rude ok, I just started today. I spent like 3 hours on it ok, It's my first model thx for the tip on the feet ill look into it for sure. But come on ok I picked kirby because i thought he would be a good first model. I wouldn't have posted had i thougth you would be so cruel about it. Just like with Crazy Korean, I mean come on he asked you guys for help and you made fun of him.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be fair, he DID ask for referance pictures of a pink ball with a few lumps attatched...

and i mean on the arms, theres 2 polies which could be gotten rid of.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just a crit, I am in no way trying to insult or demeanor you.

The reason I posted the pic, is to let you know that it doesn't look like Kirby, quite yet.

Best answers
The point is, if your gonna take modeling seriously, Kirby isnt the best place to start. They aint posted crits etc. cos there aint much to crit... its as simple a model as you can get. Some people start slow, some start fast. Try something a little more complex and you'll probably recieve a better reception.

Best answers
I was yelling at Almighty not you Hwoarang, I got the point from your pic, Im just getting the feeling that you people would rather insult people that need help instead of help them. Maybe I'm wrong

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taurus 2112 said:
Im just getting the feeling that you people would rather insult people that need help instead of help them. Maybe I'm wrong
I wouldn't generalize everyone in the forums with that intention. Criticizm is a touchy endeavor, it's just best to take it in stride, and please realize that this forum has moderators, who will stand up for people are being literally harassed.

Honestly, Almighty Gir didn't attack you personally, which what it would really mean to be rude.
-

Anyways, this topic needs to remain on topic, members giving their opinions on the model.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there was nothing derogatory in what i said at all.. i simply asked what the obsession is with kirby, then proceded to tell you its hard to crit a ball. i then proceded to tell you how to fix his arms/hands/stumps.

Best answers
I don't think it's all that bad for his first model. Even if it is a ball with feet, you have to start somewhere. How about giving props to the guy for trying something instead of degrading the pink cloud?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because what you just said was probably more harmful than what i did, just its viewed a different way.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me sighs

Gentlemen, no need to argue with each other.

Let's just remain on topic, and leave the personal issues for private messages, or other means of communication.

Best answers
hahhaaha lol that looks funny
i have gone past that kirby...on to Gatsu's Sword!!!
pretty good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would recommend Rhino 3D for its ease of use and short learning curve. Quite powerful when used correctly, NURBS (makes smooth models) and mesh (like the models seen on this site) well supported. Check *cough*suprnova*cough* to see if they have it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
try mirrioring your model, it will save you time and make your work look nicer (to some extent)

BTW I have used Rhino3D and I would strongly suggest staying away from it if you plan on modelin for any type of mod or game in the future as it's tools are irrelvant to anything besides high poly. If you want a simple program Milkshape is for beginners, more advanced you can go with Max or Lightwave (my personal fav), and if your hardcore, look for Maya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom