New might and magic

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oblivion "should have been"? No offense, but let's look at the Gamespot Ratings (both fans and editors) for the Elder Scrolls series and the Might & Magic series.

Might & Magic VI (98): 9.1 Editor, 8.8 fans. (403 votes)
Might & Magic VII (99): 8.4 Editor, 8.6 fans. (271 votes)
Might & Magic VIII (2000): 6.0 Editor, 8.1 fans. (162 votes)
Might & Magic IX (2002): 6.2 Editor, 6.7 fans. (191 votes)

Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall(1996): 8.4 Editor, 8.8 fans. (338 votes)
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(2002): 8.7 Editor, 9.1 fans. (5,129 votes)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(2006): 9.6 Editor, 9.6 fans. (10,413 votes)

See a trend?

I loved the early Might and Magic games, however they've gone into the crap-hole and they're not coming back out. Get excited over one and you're condeming yourself to dissapointment.

Heroes of Might and Magic is a different story. Want a good game, check out Heroes V coming out soon.

Best answers
Well ratings or not the only thing that oblivion has for long term fun on the console is the ability to do anything you want, but that quickly dies out.

The only true way to experience the oblivion game for the best is on the pc, and alot of people didn't get the pc one due to not having the pc specs to support it.

Admit it a slew of 23 types of things to kill, a bunch of repetetive dungeons, the only reason the rating is so high, is due to the game having a nice background, having a nice dev team, a living world, but the game got really repetetive, that is why i said this might be the game that Oblivion should of been.

Not to mention how EASY oblivion was.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the majority of people have Oblivion for the PC as the 360 came out just a while ago. Meanwhile, computers that can run Oblivion have been on the market for years. More people have decent PC's than 360's, therefore, it will sell more on the PC. Not to mention that any seasoned TES player, knowing that you can't mod console games, would only get it for PC.

Lets try not to get into this whole thing, but Oblivion did have a difficulty slider and you have no way of knowing what this other game is going to be like, beyond the fact that it has more gore. I agree in that regard though, Oblivion really could have used some more blood here and there.

Best answers
Yea the game did have a difficulty slider, and the way you avoided any problems here even in that mode at higher lvl was using summons, the melee combat was pretty simple at best, tho i am curious to see how this game fares non the less.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather Might and Magic tbh. I saw a video where a guy cast a frost spell on the ground near a cliff, and an orc ran ontop of the frost and slipped down.

That kinda game makes me go wow. Oblivion never had that. Nor dragons, which this will have as well.

Best answers
Some of the movies in the ign movie section are really promising looking, i loved how he froze that orc and kicked the bridge out, the fighting looks like it won't be as bland as oblivion but its better then getting your blade deflected by a small creature that happens to block accidentally with a dagger i suppose.

Hope they show more of this in E3.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/736193/vids_1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom