New melee system all power level based?

Best answers
Well, I've watched the new melee battles and read the system. It seems to me that whoever has the higher PL will win. I admit the current melee system is not perfect. However, one nice thing was that a player of superior skill could easily take out someone with 5 times their PL. Its seems to me, with melee dmg done to an opposing player now based on powerlevel since last patch, that even a complete n00bus could destroy an enemy player, as long as he had been in the game long enough to gain a few million power level. When the players become locked, he will be able to just counter-attack with the poor superior skilled, but low PL character unable to avoid the damage. So, I sugegst an evaluation on this matter. There must be a way for a lower PL character to fly in, land a hit, and get the hell out of there. No one wants to take an SSJ head on when they have just joined... and this system seems to force them to do that. Ki fighting is definitely not an option either, as you will just get your ass Kame'd. Suggestions? Comments? Flaming?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you're right, it SEEMS to you that it's powerlevel based.. but I don't know what lead you to that conclusion as we haven't seen enough to really make an ASSumption like that.

Also in 1.1 It's not easy to take someone out that has 5 times your PL, don't know what made you think that.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Well, you're right, it SEEMS to you that it's powerlevel based.. but I don't know what lead you to that conclusion as we haven't seen enough to really make an ASSumption like that.

Also in 1.1 It's not easy to take someone out that has 5 times your PL, don't know what made you think that.
No need to call me an ass. You obviously made an ASSumption of your own in ASSuming Im an ass. This new system obviously forces the lower PL fighter to lock in combat with the higher. My favorite thing in the current version is to never use ssj and still defeat my opponents by shear superior melee skill. I was in a server with someone who had 6 million PL when I joined. He was no great melee fighter. Although it took me many many hits to defeat him, I came out on top easily because of my skill. I restate my concern when I say that this system could take this kind of victory away from me and others who pride themselves on being good at melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all no where in my text did i "call" you an ass, at best it was just indicate that you made an ass of yourself. however it wasn't intentional, I must have accidentally held down the shift button too long O.O .

In any case, so what if you're locked in combat with another player... that doesn't at all mean that it's powerlevel based. It's the same as 1.1 but with the addition of several options to attack your opponent after you collide with the swoop.

That's all we really know at this point, so I don't know where you're coming up with a powerlevel based melee system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Pain, your suggestion does make the melee more Powerlevel based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom