New Map

Best answers
Basically i have been learning as many different mapping techniques as possible and i think im up to scratch. So im now ready for my first mapping project. What map do u guys wanna see? I was thinking maby the place were raditz goku and piccalo fought as its got nice scenery. But im open to any suggestions. If you do have an idea then plz post reference pictures and maby even sum pre fabs or modles you would like to see in it. I would also like any lil tips you more veteran mappers have picked up that may b useful. I look forward to your feed back.

Signy

Juts had a thought if i am gunna do the raditz one i was wondering if some one could whip up the truck thats in it ill get a ref picture as soon as i can thanyou.

--------------------------

Cheers for your help grega.
Rite i need sum help. Im curently making a waterfall and i have changed
!islandwater to SCROLLWATER1 so i can use teh 2 textures in my waterfall and lake. Unfortunatly because the hl.wad already has a SCROLLWATER1 then its uses that instead :( And if u dnt use the name SCROLLWATER1 the water wnt move on the conveyor entite wich means no waterfull :( Can an1 help???

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i'm not expirienced much but i say suprise us
make a map -> post some pictures -> get the critz
(me ******* did it the other way rund so don't do it like i did)

Best answers
suggestions? well...heres a good one:
"Never release your first map!" -Ubehagelig

no no, it's up to you if you want to release you map!
the idea of the scenery is okay, take it.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
first maps can be cool aswell ... my first map was a big success :D s2k_budokai for esf alpha :)

Best answers
Evil_T@xi said:
suggestions? well...heres a good one:
"Never release your first map!" -Ubehagelig
Ube is a funny guy ^_^

Ontopic: hmm i know you dont like ice maps Dj-ready, but i would really like to see the place where Goku fought the 3 Androids together with Vegeta and Trunks. Where he became SSJ while making a spiritbomb ;)

Sorta icy place

Best answers
STEEL is making an ice map at the moment.

Can any1 help me with sum texture problems.
Making a waterfull for my new map and i wanna use the !islandwater texture in my waterfull. But every time i try and convert it into a SCROLL texture so it moves like a waterfull i canne do it or it dsnt wrlk. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this coz its driving me insane.

Best answers
Okay I Have finally decided on a map.
Its from the buu saga/fusion saga. Its the the place were gohan becomes mystic gohan and pulls out the z sword. Here are sum refrence pics.

http://putton.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ESF/Ref.htm

Im going to call the map esf_mystic (can you name a map esf if its not official?)

1. I would like to show you some screenies of my sky box texture and get some crits and advice maby even sum ps skill on making it look perfect! But unfortunatly every time i take a screen in esf when i open it its just black :S any ideas?
2. If anyone could maby model some of those funky looking trees i be really grateful especially the one were gokus lieing underneith and the triangle like bush in the background of the picture with gohan and that old guy in.
3. Any one know how to make good looking moons in ps as iv got 2 make 4 for my skybox.

Anyway as soon as i sort out the screenie prob i cant get sum piccys up and have sum crits and tips.

Signy

Okay i have now been looking and found out that you can get progs like terragen or bryce then use sky paint to make cool sky box textures. So once again i need sum1's help. Could any1 with any skill in these progs plz make a sky box using the link above as ref's. Cheers.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um.......... Sound's good I guess........ There is a tut on the godfather site or whatever about the sky box and all.

Best answers
Yeah ov tried the tutorial and stuff for terra gen but im having no luck in making anthing worth puttin in a map. So if any1 could plz have a stab at the sky texture using the ref pics to get a basic idea i would really apprciate it if some one could have a stabas my attempts were useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom