New map on front page

Best answers
The map on the front page looks very good any comments that you guys would like to share?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The map is awesome! Great texture blending, nice terrain and the ring looks great! The only thing I can say is to change the path. It looks so out of place. A dirt path would look amazing :). All five of my thumbs go way up :p.

Best answers
I agree with the dirt path suggestion that would make it look much better. Although if it was in the show (which im not sure if it was or not) then leave it :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Incredible texture blending!
That looks as damned close to a real environment as I would think a Half-Life map can get. The textures look great, and they've been used to their full potential in an awesome looking map.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is one kick ass looking map, 'nough said.

Best answers
Yeah. Zero went beast mode on that map. I don't know about that dirt path thing, though. I like it the way it is. If he's going to change it, he may as well not have a path at all, I'd say.

Best answers
I like it, looks awesome.
I agree that the path looks out of place. I would prefer it over no path though. For some reason, I want a path o_O.
A dirt path would be nice too...
Other than that, its an amazing map, very nice work :)

Retired
Best answers
Well, the artist in the show kept changing the area and the arena like every epi. So what i did was take several shots fromt he epi's and compile them together to form a layout. Its actuly a road i belive, sometimes there is 2 leading to it and sometimes there is one. So i went with the single road. I am very happy witht he results and currently i am working a low poly tree so that i can keep all of them in. With the exception of the model poly count, right now the map runs very smooth even on a low end machine. I think it is abut 800 r_speeds at the furthest point with and avg of about 600. Thx for the comments and ill try to post more from now on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks good but if it was my call I would ditch the road.

Please please please keep it dark [cell night], or make two versions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan said:
Looks good but if it was my call I would ditch the road.

Please please please keep it dark [cell night], or make two versions.
Yes... omg yesssss. A night version would be perfect.

Retired
Best answers
ok, ill run it by the rest of the team and see what i can do for a night version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A night version would be awesome! Still, I'm on board with getting rid of the path. The rest is so good, then you see this path... looks almost out of place with the rest of the map. It's like on one hand you have awesome terrain, then you get this blocky path. A dirt path using texture blending would cap it off :).

Retired
Best answers
otay, ill send the road packing. good thing there is already a dirt path underneath it :). also the night version is done, ill get updated pics asap plus the updated pics of the day version too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are my hero :eek:

Awesome map period. Hopefully the team will like these suggestions.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A night version?!
*explodes*
Can't wait to see more screenshots. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Niiiiiiiiiiice. Good to hear that the night version is done, good job, Zero! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom