New Laptop o:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got a laptop for my birthday, posting from it now on the wireless o:.

Specs:
Mobile AMD Athlon XP-2200
DVD+/-RW & CD-RW Combo
512mb DDR Ram
80gb HD
12.1" LCD Display
Shared Video (Yeah, it sucks, but the main purpose is for school, I still have my desktop for gaming.)
1" thin, 4.1lbs light.

I didn't need anything spectacular. The main reason I wanted it is to take notes in my lectures.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's very similar to mine except...

AN INCH THICK?! Is that the whole thing with the lid closed? Or just the base? Or just the screen?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
AN INCH THICK?! Is that the whole thing with the lid closed? Or just the base? Or just the screen?
Closed. It's friggin tiny o:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god, is it a Tecra series by any chance? And can you post some pics?

Mine's 3.5cm/1.4" and I thought that was the most compact you could get o_o

The shadow makes it look a little bit bigger than it is. 1" is like...say whaaaaaaat :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl i got out my ruler to check how thin 1" was and i was like =O

sounds like a good laptop, post some pics XD

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I'll definately take some pics. I just checked it with the metre-stick. And it is just about 1" in thickness. It's a little over if you count the rubber grips on the under-side. Either way, it's really thin >;].

Best answers
cool laptop...
My dad is getting me a laptop for graduating, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out on the specs... All of my desktops are super crap and really old,
AND i have hl2 but i never got to play it because of the crap comps, so i was wondering, with the hl2 in mind, if u guys could help me out on what to get. my dad says he'll spend up to $3000 (yay).

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he'll spend that much, and you want a gaming laptop. Get an alienware. Oh, and next time, you can make your own thread, so you don't have to high-jack mine =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah if you want to run HL2 then grab an Alienware Laptop. If it were a desktop i'd advise ignoring Alienware and making it yourself, but homemade laptops are tricky and it's easier to get something prebuilt even if it costs a little extra.

$3000 will get you their best laptop with a lot of the extras:

Behold the Area-51m 7700: http://www.alienware.com/product_de...sCode=PC-LT-AREA51-M-7700&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Opty, pics :)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMGOOSE! 1 inch!? WTF? Is that even possible? I need pictorial evidence, posthaste!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom