New King of Fighters XI Screenshots

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome! I too will be looking forward to some sort of console rendition of the game. I'm glad they're at least doing something in the gfx department, even if it is minor. I still don't know why more people aren't following in Guilty Gears' footsteps, they really don't have any excuses to not move to high res, super-detailed gfx. But that's more of a wish, not a complaint.

Anyways, i'm looking forward to this. And I share your hope, maybe SNK will get the respect it deserves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe I'm just spoiled by GGXX but yeah, those graphics look like a joke ;/

KyoKusanagi

K
Backgrounds look nice if a little bland and sparse but the sprites haven't changed at all. Hopefully, the gameplay is something to write home about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everybody knows PS2 sucks at sprites and 2D. >_> They just want to release it for that platform to get the most sales. Can't blame them, but it certainly doesn't do any good for the games. The only good 2D fighters I've seen for PS2 are the Guilty Gear games. A game like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is a joke. Its predecessor on PSX looks better. >_>

DMW

Best answers
They should just make another 3d KOF,looked a heeeellllll of alot better,100% 2d is old news nowadays

Best answers
I am tired of 2D king of fighters too. But I will never be tired of Iori Yagami.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DracoHeart said:
I am tired of 2D king of fighters too. But I will never be tired of Iori Yagami.
A cousin of mine got me into KoF. He always uses Iori and I'm Kyo. It's funny, we always end up using characters that seem to have beef with each other when it comes to fighting games.. ^_^;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMW said:
They should just make another 3d KOF,looked a heeeellllll of alot better,100% 2d is old news nowadays
Screw 3D! 2D Fighters forever!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Hash.

And many of you are spoiled by graphics. King of Fighters is still a great game.

The sprites in KOFXI are filtered so they are slightly better than the sprites from previous KOF's. Regardless of the way that the sprites look like. KOF is still a great game, great gameplay, great characters (a better storyline than Street Fighter), and just to piss you off - a better fighter than Street Fighter :p

SNKP is doing a good job with the KOF Series. Capcom on the other hand is busy making SFA3 for the PSP *gasp*.

Best answers
2d fighters do rock. But the thing I've seen with KOF, is that their releasing the same game over and over again. No new animations, new sprites or anything. This one looks exactly the same. From what it looks like this game is using the same sprites/animations that KOF 97, 98 and all the other ones used.
I'm much more of a SF/GG fan than KOF, and the fact that SNK doesn't update their stuff is a big reason why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol thats funny, but you over exagurated a bit.

KOFXI is using filtered KOF'03 sprites (as well as some new sprites feautring the new hero team, the 3 new characters, Eiji Kisaragi, which only appeared in like 1 kof game, has had his sprite redrawn as well, and the boss characters).

Tassadar said:
SNK doesn't update their stuff is a big reason why.
King of Fighters is way more progressing that Street Fighter. Im simply goinna copy & paste what i've said in a previous SF/KOF Debate since im too lazy:

I dont think you guys get SNKP's situation (this is a reply onto the first few posts I read on this thread)...

The way I see it SNKP is in the same position as Square-Enix. They are pushing their best title to become better (Like Square is only focused on Final Fantasy at the moment - if you know anything on Square's History, you will know that Square almost ended up declaring bankruptcy, which is why we wont be seeing any other Chrono game from them in a while, and its because of Chrono Cross that the second part of Xenogears wasn't as good as the first part, the budget had to be cut and Xenogears was rushed out the door).

Aside all of that, I would prefer to see the KOF Series improve. The RBFF Timeline has already somewhat "Merged" with KOF's anyway (Hello? Did anyone forget what year Garou: Mark of the Wolves took place in? Guess which new fighters are starting to make a scene in the KOF Series!!! D: ).

The KOF series simply ignores the KOF Storyline however, but the fighters do arrive just in time to make appearances in the KOF Universe.

I would also like to see a Garou: Mark of the Wolves 2, but chances are thats not going to happen untill Capcom makes a SF4 (The way I see it... Garou was just a way for SNK to stay ahead of their game). SNKP, like Capcom, are lazy (Though IMO, Capcom is lazier).

Just look at the animations brought to you in Metal Slug and in Garou. Hell, in comparison, KOF series has more animations than ALL SF games (except for SF3;Garou comes in second as far as animation in 2d Fighters go). I commend SNK more, they are being way more progressive with their best title (unlike Capcom). And starting from KOF'02, if you may or may have not realized it, SNK has been experimenting with alot of new and diffrent things.

It went from Dodging to Rolling, from Charging Power Bars to Having a standard 3 Levels bar (with its uniqueness of "Storing" in order to do your max super), KOF 99-2000 (01 was crap), introduced Strikers, armor mode and counter mode, KOF'02 introduced Super Cancel Mode. '03 introduced Tagging while still giving you the option to play 3on3 Teams or Single.

And now KOFXI will feature Dream Cancels (The damage must be insane), it brings back the CD Attacks as well as giving you the wierdest team line up you could've ever imagined... They give you old and new characters every year so that their game wont be so repeatative.

If you haven't noticed it, starting from KOF'02 SNK has been experimenting with new ways of performing special moves (Shen Woo, Duo Lon and Ash all have wierd ways of activating their LDM). '02 really had some wierd ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom