--New HL Coder--

Best answers
Hey everyone!

I've just learnt how C++ and now I wish to embark on a very (so I heard...) mission: TO PROGRAM HALF-LIFE MODS! O_O

Well I got myself a C++ compiler that should work with Half-Life, ( Dev-C++, www.bloodshed.net :D ) and the full SDK 2.0

I open it up, and get a huge shock! "WTF?? This makes no sense!" Well basicly I don't get what file does/controls what aspect of the game! :\

I need your help! Where can I figure out 'what does what' in the SDK?

Thanks in advance! :D

Best answers
Thanks HarSens!

(Notice possition change... I am no longer a virgin HL coder! ;D)

Best answers
Hmmm... ahhh...

Yes...

Who reset my title above? :D

Well at least it works now! :p

Best answers
Half life reads the liblist.gam where it loads a dll with all the exported functions by the dll. The dll uses those to start a game.

Best answers
Thanks for your help everyone!

BTW: I heard a rumor that you can build the SDK without VC++6.0. Is this true? If so, I may consider using it instead of buying VC++6.0.

Thanks

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its pretty cheap, expecially when you get those five finger discounts:p j/k, but really, its pretty cheap if your a student.

Best answers
Yes, I called my local college book store and they told me you can't but VC++6.0 anymore, that .NET is the only one available! :\

I also heard that .NET breaks the SDK. Is this true?

Thanks again!

Best answers
DaGhost Sinse your learning all this fancy helping me out? Im afraid i cant say too much cause then its advertising, But put it this way, I need a coder to code my *BLANK*, The name of it is in my Sig *BLANK, BLANK BLANK* Anyway (lol) If you wanna help which i hope you do cause we need a coder for my *BLANK* then PM me or i Will PM you, Anyway i realy hope you wanna help me,

G-S

Best answers
i got a slight programming question can Qbasic be translated in any form or fashion to C++?? just a question i am curios about cuase i start programming class today for highshcool.

Best answers
omfg they still teach qbasic i need to go to some school and slap some sense into teachers. Dont give that s|-|it about it teaching you good coding habits because you dont learn anything good for it.

Best answers
well what can i say i live in a town that is as backwards as a town can get *cough* Jackson TN *cough*

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oo

QBasic. OMG, I thought it was dead long ago. I learned VBasic in high school . . . 9 years ago. Even Pascal was gone from my college in '96 O_O; !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom