New HD and ESF/HL got probs W00t?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hi all .
well to get straight on my problem .
i got a new HD and installed steam and esf and everything and used the same drivers as i used on my older HD
but now the funny thing is , when i start esf my music (mp 3 player) is messed up for some time and when i nimize and go back ingame or when i just started ESF the game got a lag for 1 sec after a few seconds.
Graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9800XT
512 mb DDR Ram
Realtek AC97 sound cards.

Vsync is activated and well everything worked when it was like this with the old HD and now it?s like this.

and i mean changing the HD actually doesn?t change anything oon the PC performance o_O

Help?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9800CT
512 mb DDR Ram
Realtek AC97 sound cards.
and i mean changing the HD actually doesn?t change anything oon the PC performance o_O
Yes, actually, your harddrive plays a major part in your computer's performance. How do you think data is accessed? The technical specifications of the harddrive would sure help to figure out the problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm how can i cchek them ? im not so good with hardware things . well it?s a IDE 160 gig with NTFS format.
thats all i can say so far xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just find the online page you bought it from (if you bought it online, that is), and link me to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt buy it thats the prob . it was a gift from a friend since he got new ones. but meh it worked perfectly on his pc . i mean the old one was a reaaaaly old 20 gig hd since my other broke and i mean that one cant be better than my new one o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and i mean that one cant be better than my new one o_O
Yes, actually, it can.

Ask your friend about it. There's not a whole lot anyone can do without knowing what you're working with. And if possible (optional though) I'd like the specifications for your old hard drive.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also did you reinstall windows after inserting the new HD. Sometimes adding new hardware makes your PC run weird if you dont format and reinstall.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm its a seagate Barracuda 7200.7

my friend says it?s not out on sale anymore but meh xD ill try to find something

+edit+
problem solved .
thx anyway xD
i wont say what the problem was cause thats just embarasing xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom