New Guitar!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the past few months I have been learning guitar with a borrowed accoustic. Well, no more! I finally pooled all the money I have been saving from work and from grad present together and went shopping. With much forethought I made my decision. But enough of the narrative, here it is.

The ESP LTD F-2005 30th Anniversary model. :p

24 frets, mahogany body, EMG-81active pickups, all in a beautiful black satin package. I am no expert on guitars, but this thing is my dream. Along with it I picked up a Behringer LX112 V-Ampire to go with it. I paid $1500 CAD for the whole package, but I figured it would be better to get a quality guitar now, rather than upgrading every year as I improve.

What do you guys think? And while were at it, what does everyone else play?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in all honesty it wouldve been better off to just pick a cheap one up at a pawn shop if your still learning, youd be surprised what you can find in those.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, since you bridged the gap from "learning" to "playing" guitar, then you made a good move.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks sweet man, i'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

I just got some cheap Jay Turser acoustic, pretty basic. But i'm poor and can't afford anything. Luckily my friend is selling me his Squier Strat for like 40 bucks canadian, so at least I'll finally have an electric.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a showmans guitar =/

if you want an LTD. get something thats actually more of a players guitar. probably something along the lines of the M series. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.htm

they have awsome necks, very very easy to play. and will give you a great tone. the novelty of "lookers" guitars wears off pretty quick... the only guitar like that i still have is my ESP Explorer (a la james hetfield). and thats cos its got the chunkyest tone on earth. and thats only EVER used for playing maybe 3 songs?

anyway. the point of what im saying is, just cos it looks cool, doesnt mean its the right guitar for you. i mean... have you even played it? never order from online. unless your gonna get one of the ESP custom shop orders. (and thats only because you can almost guarentee a handmade guitar is the ****!). always buy the guitar youve held with your own two hands. otherwise your about 75% more likely to be disapointed.

edit: just read the bottom part of your post. glad your happy with it. but i would have split and gone $750 on the guitar, and $750 on the amp. since the amp gives 90% of the sound.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The Axman strikes again, destroying the dreams of the many!
Kidding aside, sounds like you made a good purchase, simply cos youll use it and its what you want... the two best buying ideals : P
But, in the end, nothing can beat MY kind of music...
(walks of into the distance, "agadoo" playing on a kazoo)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fear not, no dreams destroyed here. I didnt order it from online, I got it from Axe Music. That was my only regret, but I couldnt find a decent selection of ESPs anywhere else in the city. I did play it before I bought it, alot (lets just say I made them earn their comission). I tried out numerous amps and guitars, and I checked the internet for reviews on both. I dont expect to be playing over a drummer or anything, this music is mainly for my own enjoyment, so I figured I would opt for 50W of power with the option of adding extra speakers (its 2x50W) than getting 75W. As for not buying a guitar for the looks, I didnt. I just happen to like the way it looks as well.

Now all that remains is get good at it. This guy is going to be my companion throught university, so I think were gonna be pretty close by the end of it all.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
you need to cybar with me and gir !_!

It shall be fun.

Check your pm box frs :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me personally, I like it. I've played those models before; they're comfortable but I'm kind of goofy size wize and it wasn't right for me, not enough weight for my preferences. But it is decent.

As for me...I let my amp do all the power work so I don't use all the insane pickups and such. But it's still a pretty nice guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom