Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if some one sugestet this but here it gose :
I sugest to add a game mod like this
Training mod for the new guys to learn how to play like a tutorial in game
all u need ,block ,teleport ,beams strugal, all u need to know about the new esf u know like in evry dbz game budokai bla bla, even some secrets but not all
I thing this will be a grate game mod and in traning mod u will have evry caractert in the game to learn like for exeple :
Trunks can show u how to swoop ,chain swoop, teleport ,melee simple,
etc.
So what do u think ?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think just reading the manual, and trying stuff with the bots on easy is enough.

Best answers
i think you don't need something like that.. it would just be a lot of work for nothing...

reading the manual and trying a week for getting the basics is enough.. and if you have the basics, it just needs time for getting better... and there is still the forum which helps a lot.....

so i think you really don't need soemthing like that...

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes readyng a manula it's easy but think about it there r people how dose not read the manual like i did i lern esf just from playing, but think about it will be u and trunks
Trunks will have a traning script and will say what to do and he will do it and then u will have to do it. I think is a god sugestion for all the new guys and i don't think it's hard to make it it's verry easy

Best answers
people who don't read the manual wouldn't play the tutorial, too....

i know what you have meant... but i think it's not necessary...

it would just be a loooot of work for something you even have in another form....

if you like it so much, you can make it.. in your freetime.. if you are able to do it, and you will do it, it would be great.. but i don't think that you would like to spent your freetime.. and the guys who would be able to do it, spent enoughj freetime on esf like doing 1.3 etc.....

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i will beter make a movie turotial for traning the mode is hard to make it by 1 guy ,
But will be grate to have a traning mod in evrey game i playd of dbz first i was looking for the traning mod ,try to playd dbz supersonicworios whitout the traning,
but it will be easy to make just give the bots some commands and some bot_chat and after all this after u train whit bot's traing is like u will do what ever u what

Best answers
yef .. well grega told everything already.

but then, aint there a sticky telling that u cannot suggest anything about making an training room etc. things? or was it just evossj4 forumz <,<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like this idea, Alot of people dont really like reading boring manuals (even though the flash tutorial isnt that boring, its still alot of reading work) Making an ingame tutorial would make everything alot more fun to learn. And I wanna bet that you would learn the game alot quicker by doing this ingame tutorial where you are activly busy with learning instead of reading, But I doubt the team will add it in the game as they will probably stop after 1.3 or 1.4...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coding actual scripted sequences like this that respond to your character will be more work that 1.3 all together. A link to a video tutorial that could be included in 1.3 would be much simpler to perform and really the only realistic fancy attempt the team would go for D:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'd like to add something..

Everytime I'm ingame. A novice doesn't know how to play. So I tell them to Read the Manual. And the first question they ask is "where?"

My only suggestion would be to put the manual on the desktop where it's the easiest to find. That's what I'd do. Hell add chakra-x's tutorial with it. It makes it easier on everyones life, especially novice's.

Screw the file size of esf. I think we can wait a few extra minutes for it to download. Even people who have dial up. It's really not that bad of a download if you think about the size of most other games.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just make the manual popup after you press finish to end the installation ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, not many people will read manuals....heck, everytime I installed something I just keep pressing Ok because I dont read any of the stuff they show me. We need an interactive manual....remember the 1.1 manual guys? (or was it 1.0?) It was a flash tutorial that you didnt read, but they exactly showed you how basic melee other people:

You saw 2 stickfighters stand infront of eachother, they showed you a crappy drawn mouse :)p) and exactly showed you by highlighting the mouse buttons how to melee. It was fun (probably also because of the crappy drawings) and it was nearly no read work and thats the way a manual should be, not alot of rework, click next, read, click next, read, etc. But show stuff, interact, then next and interact again, etc.

TehMuffinMan said:
Coding actual scripted sequences like this that respond to your character will be more work that 1.3 all together. A link to a video tutorial that could be included in 1.3 would be much simpler to perform and really the only realistic fancy attempt the team would go for D:
It doesnt have to be exact scripted scenes, but just a similair flash interactive movie like the old one. I would like to do it, but my problem is that I dont understand anything about flash >.<. A video tutorial would already be a huge improvement on a reading manual, but videos have their disadvantages...

A disadvantage of a video is that they lack quality so it is hard to see something, and even if you would increase the quality of the video, this would make the esf file size larger, instead of 150mb it could easily become close to 230 mb or something (Not by the video only, but you need to remember that esf 1.3 will be alot larger due to new models etc.)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree whit sicron not many people will read the manual like i did us the manul after i allreaddy learn how to play so the trainig rom will be grate let's say u will play whit gohan and all of them will learn u how to play it will be grate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom