New Game Mode

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, it just seems like you guys don't like any ideas that are suggested, nor any that are being implented into the game. Let me ask you this, do you want 1.3 to be exactly the same as 1.2?
Make good suggestions and I'll be with you 100%. Keep making crappy ones and I'll have no choice but to say I don't like them o.0.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm not trying to completely defend this mode, because the way the rules are set up, its more like a mini-game, just seemed like it would have been fun to try.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how you could make this esf mode better. We covered alot about it in the thread.

Basically, *if this gamemode was most definitely going in*, is there anything we may have missed for balance? It seems pretty good for what we have so far, and could be left up to the team if they want to take the idea further.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Make good suggestions and I'll be with you 100%. Keep making crappy ones and I'll have no choice but to say I don't like them o.0.
Well now that I think about it, you did agree with my siggestion to make auras different colors for different people, but that wasn't a suggestion to the gameplay. I don't know, I just thought this was a pretty good idea. I really don't care if they add more game modes to ESF, but if their going to add any, atleast make some good ones.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely agree. If they're going to add more gamemodes, they should be very good considering 1.3 is pretty much the final version.

Best answers
I was just pretty much agreeing with this one because it's pretty good considering there aren't any other good game mode suggestions o_O.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already stated the flaws previously. Why should I state them again? I figured you weren't 2, and could scroll up.

As for acting like a 7 year old. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black, you're the one pointing fingers.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I'm with Zeo and NGE. They know what they're talking about. You guys need to actually play the game.

As of now due to EVM there are 3 good servers (American) to play on. With out EVM there would be around 7-10. That's a huge difference in the world of ESF. And a huge difference most of us need. It's boring fighting the same people over and over and over again. Which is why I quit. I can count on both hands the people i fought on a regular basis.

This game would take the place of EVM, such that you would see 5 servers be "kill that cricket!" and 3 be "ffa". Why would you want to chase a cricket or a monkey with a mallet anyway?

A different way of playing it is not. A mod changed for the worse it is. If you made it so that there are 2 teams, and they all had mallets, could swoop and fight and had to chase the cricket around and which ever team it it the most won, doesn't change the game, only the objective. What Jinx is suggesting is changing the game. It's like ctdb mode, you can still swoop, fight, kill, do anything you want, only the objective is changed.

Besides: what makes you think that the team is going to impliment this, very rarely is something suggested and looked highly upon. watch them bring it up in a meeting just to try and piss me off
You dont really state the flaws of the gamemode we brought up, just your opinion of why you dont like it, because you cant use the moves from FFA. But if you could use every move, this gamemode wouldn't be balanced.

Compare the idea of not using certain moves to the ctdb documents for 1.3. When you have one dragon ball in your hand, you can only use generic beams or special abilities, And when you carry 2 balls, you cant attack at all. Thats changing gameplay right there, but its made like that for balance.

Also, the collector will have special abilities.
-Swoop distance is cut in half
- Running is twice as fast as normal speed.
- Beam jumping is disabled
- Jumping is twice the distance of normal.

So, what flaws do you find in this gamemode that would keep it from not working?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you even compare ctdb to Chase the Cricket with a Mallet Super Dash Ball X?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fair enough lol.

In my opinion, the gamemode would work just fine. I just don't think it would be worth the time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want something completely retarded such as this: Download gary's mod, I'm sure you'll have a load of fun ****ting on people with birds as they try to shoot you. Or rasing melons in a map.

I stated EXACLTY why i feel this shouldn't be implimented and my opinion on it won't change. This changes THE GAME. Not the game MODE. A game MODE, is a different variation of the game, with the same concept. In counterstrike, it's either save the hostages while killing people, or defuse a bomb while killing people (if you're on the CT team) but in the long run, it's just killing people.

ESF is the same way. Right now whether it's CTDB or FFA or TDM, one way or another someone is going to die.

When you say "lol lets make it so u chase a cricket with a mallet and try 2 kil it lawl"

First of all you don't need more than 1 person for that. You can do that yourself. Second, it's a retarded "game mode" as you call it, and i HIGHLY doubt Pcjoe wants to do something like that. He's fed up with this mod as it is.

And not only that it changes the game COMPLETELY. Last I checked, you don't need to kill Player B in order to kill a cricket with a mallet.

So yes, I stated now, and previously why I feel that it shouldn't be implimented into the game. When I say "I agree with Zeo and NGE" i mean what they said i have the same opinion for. I figured that was implied.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
we already know you hate the idea, but were asking if this idea had any flaws that would keep it from not working. We are just throwing the idea out there in case the team "just happened" to like it.

Best answers
If you read carefully my discription of the game mode U'll see that you can kill other people(with the mallets). THe only difference from esf is that your not fighting* INTENSLEY at SUPER SPEEDS most new comers cant keep up with while having fun... but at a slower pace to introduce the real speed of the "main focus" of the game.

Besides... i think you still fail to realise that this mode isn't A FIGHTING MODE its more like a FUN MODE to relax and enjoy yourself... while talking to others... Kind've like a pub but with more fun invovled

Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
we already know you hate the idea, but were asking if this idea had any flaws that would keep it from not working. We are just throwing the idea out there in case the team "just happened" to like it.
He doesn't hate it, just disagrees with putting it into the game.

$sj Goku said:
If you read carefully my discription of the game mode U'll see that you can kill other people(with the mallets). THe only difference from esf is that your not fighting* INTENSLEY at SUPER SPEEDS most new comers cant keep up with while having fun... but at a slower pace to introduce the real speed of the "main focus" of the game.

Besides... i think you still fail to realise that this mode isn't A FIGHTING MODE its more like a FUN MODE to relax and enjoy yourself... while talking to others... Kind've like a pub but with more fun invovled
Killing people with the mallets doesn't count. Why? You're not trying to kill people. You're trying to kill the cricket. If the game mode was made so you have to catch it, I'm sure that killing other people on the side might annoy people trying to do what you actually suggested, which is killing the cricket. And if you want a pub, go get AIM and add random people.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So now you're suggesting a slower nicer version of the game for "noobs" to get used to faster speeds of the game...

Wow, contradictory much?

First off, in the game there is a fine line between noobs and pros. And this is in regular ESF. Or the Faster Meaner version as you would call it. And last i checked, anyone who is goku is the same speed. Ect. ect. So what makes you think pros won't be faster in this nicer friendly version of the game. Killing someone with a mallet in a DBZ game doesn't sit right with me. I didn't see it happen in the show. So I don't see it happening in ESF.

This won't help noobs in the least. All it will do is create a "new game mode" where if pros even decide to play it, will get owned. Doesn't matter the game mode, noobs are noobs and pros are pros. The only way for noobs to "get used to the game" is for a tutorial or to play the game.

You won't change my mind on it. It's a bad idea and that's that.

If a team member were to like it, they'd have said something already, that or a mod would bring it up in a meeting.

If you want to know what a good, thought out suggestion is, check this link out: http://www.forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=46298

Best answers
g0jack said:
He doesn't hate it, just disagrees with putting it into the game.

Killing people with the mallets doesn't count. Why? You're not trying to kill people. You're trying to kill the cricket. If the game mode was made so you have to catch it, I'm sure that killing other people on the side might annoy people trying to do what you actually suggested, which is killing the cricket. And if you want a pub, go get AIM and add random people.
no nono... The objective is to HIT THE CRICKET so you can get POWER ups and go for other players

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
no nono... The objective is to HIT THE CRICKET so you can get POWER ups and go for other players
So you're saying that pros will get a huge advantage because they are better at the game, getting better/more powerups making them dominate even more over the noobs? I don't think so. That just makes it too unbalanced, and it's not worth the trouble to go through when there is already the ablility to fight to get "power ups" aka pl, or heck there is pl catchup which helps noobs even more, they don't have to do **** and they gain pl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say no powerups. one person on the server should be the cricket. everyone hits the cricket. everytime the cricket is hit that player gets a point. everytime the cricket is hit, he should be sent flying in the air at some random angle. first player to get 5 or 10 points will become the cricket.

and the cricket should get like fast jumping powers or something and move really fast

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Either the player gets to be the cricket after he wins, or this. Some players might not want to be the cricket. I thought of this idea from cs : VIP mode.

In order to be the vip, there is a 3rd option on the team select mode. You can be, Terrorist, counter-terrorist, or VIP. If more then one person picked VIP (or cricket in this case), they are put on a waiting list, until its your turn to be it.

Best answers
yeah..i deffinatley have to agree with Zeo,FP,NGE..this idea..isnt too good..imo...and jinx you shouldnt take the negativity personally..tbh..u throw out alot of ideas with very little thought..it seems to me like you just throw out what u would like to see..and not ideas to actually improve the game itself...the fact of the matter is ESF is dying..alot less people play..and adding "modes" (if u wanna even call it that) like this wont help one bit..if anything..this idea seems like something that would get boring after what...10 mins?...after all..newbs play ESF inorder to shoot awsome beams and go SSJ with super sweet moves, and transformation's...not to crush a cricket with a mallet..so its not anything against you...your ideas just tend to not work most of the time...=\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom