New Funimation Channel 24/7 Devoted to Anime Cartoons

Pan

Best answers
I don't know if you guys know about it or not, but apparently Funi plans on having its own network devoted to dubbed anime, and i thought you guys who are anime fans regardless to what u think of funi, might be intrested in this ^_^. I found this on the dbzonps2 boards acourse, since some of them are obviously intrested. Anyway here's the info.

"FUNimation is always looking for new ways of providing Anime to the fans. We are researching the viability of a 24-hour, 7-days a week TV channel focusing on Uncut, English dubbed Anime, available as an additional channel to your current basic satellite or cable package. This channel would include a wide breadth of great anime such as Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Kiddy Grade, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Case Closed, Fruits Basket, Blue Gender, and much more including titles from other production companies."

Apparently there's also a survey involved, so here's the link for that: http://www.dragonballz.com/survey.cfm

Best answers
a 24/7 funimation channel? copying anime network or soemthing like that i see, they prolly told funi they dont accept crappy dubbed anime lol any way i wouldnt like this channel if its all funi dubbs, i just dont like their dubs. i prefer adv dubs so far their my favorite company they dont cut out a single thing! their so awsome.

Pan

Best answers
Goten-son said:
a 24/7 funimation channel? copying anime network or soemthing like that i see, they prolly told funi they dont accept crappy dubbed anime lol any way i wouldnt like this channel if its all funi dubbs, i just dont like their dubs. i prefer adv dubs so far their my favorite company they dont cut out a single thing! their so awsome.
Lol yea but wouldnt it be cool to have the channel anyway, i mean some of funi dubs arent that bad, and u never know one day u might just wanna turn on the TV, and be like (Well i feel like watching some dragonball right now or some yu yu or something) and then u could turn straight too it and probally catch a marathon of it, and its still anime at that, its better than most of these USA Cartoons. We could possibly see Sagas and Seaons of diffrent anime shows from the begining to the end in less than 3 months time ^^". And who knows, maybe other companys might see it as something succesful and decided to do the same thing funi did ^^.

Best answers
it sound like what cartoon network (UK) did. They devoted a whole channel for Toonami 24/7

Best answers
I like anime, but dubbed anime can suck it. I hate what the combination of funi/CN has done to the anime "world" if I may say. Dubbed anime imho just doesn't sound good, and I'm sick of the same voices playing the same kind of heroes ad such. But w/e, good for the funi/CN kind of fans I guess.

Best answers
There are very few animes that I have watched in a dubbed format simply because the audio and video are usually chopped. I want to see a series as the creator intended, in japanese and uncut. I guess this channel is good for those who are starting to get into anime. However I don't think you'll find to many people here that care for Funi because of there butchery of past anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well since it's free and it's just.. 'THERE' I guess I'd watch it when nothing better was on, they have a couple good things, I'd mostly just watch Detective Conan and Cowboy and Trigun if they added the good animes. But what excited me was when I saw that they're gonna add Blue Gender I loved that show.

Best answers
hmm, well toonami was gonna do the same then they showed Samuri Jack, then **** like that commander program, whats it called.. ach who knows, but my point is, toonami sucks, showing heman and all that sorta american pish!

-SaN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think this is such a good idea... Anime is going to get TOO played out now, it should be harder to get

Kinda like underground music.. not main stream

Best answers
Yeah the keyword to look out for their is Funimation channel. This'll be nothing but a market to take advantage of all the pre-pubescent children that love Yu-Gi-Oh and all the other things that embarress humanity so much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah wooo 24 hours of nothing but dbz weeeee

Lid

L
Guru_San said:
hmm, well toonami was gonna do the same then they showed Samuri Jack, then **** like that commander program, whats it called.. ach who knows, but my point is, toonami sucks, showing heman and all that sorta american pish!

-SaN
HEY GUYS ALL AMERICAN CARTOONZ SUCK AND JAPANENSE IS THE ONLY GOOD CARTOON. THEY ARE SO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL AND LIKE SAMURAI JACK HAS TRIED TO RIP IT OFF SO I MUST HATE IT! HOW CAN AMERICAN'S LIKE THEIR CARTOONZ LOLZ! SOMEONE GIVE ME SOJ FOR SHAKO!

Jesus Christ.

Pan

Best answers
Hibiki said:
yeah wooo 24 hours of nothing but dbz weeeee
Lol thats the spirit see u guys even hibikis excited he's even more excited than i am.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lid said:
HEY GUYS ALL AMERICAN CARTOONZ SUCK AND JAPANENSE IS THE ONLY GOOD CARTOON. THEY ARE SO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL AND LIKE SAMURAI JACK HAS TRIED TO RIP IT OFF SO I MUST HATE IT! HOW CAN AMERICAN'S LIKE THEIR CARTOONZ LOLZ! SOMEONE GIVE ME SOJ FOR SHAKO!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Omg that was too good, but yea, american cartoons > anime

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Feh, only thing funi ever did that I liked was Fruits Basket, and I never heard the dub. I forget which, but they also liscenced a show I like, but I don't trust them further than I can throw them.

-Karrde-

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tch, I don't have dish/digital cable, DAMN THEM!! All I might do is just download un licensed anime and burn it on dvd x.x

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lid said:
SOMEONE GIVE ME SOJ FOR SHAKO!
Shako is teh suck, I'lll give you my Windforce for 40 SOJ's! D:

I wouldn't watch it either way, the only time I watch TV is... well, I don't watch TV.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anime Legend said:
Its called Sarcism maybe u need to look that up o_O
Maybe you should too :p

I don't really care about an anime channel made by funimation, not after the things they did with dbz (unless of course it is uncut, but i don't really see that happening for some shows)

Anyway, whats wrong with He-Man ? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom