New Female Character Model

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't dabbled in 3D modeling since Junior year in College, so in the past few months I went back at it to make a character from my senior thesis. I see things I could do better, but I was actually really proud how it came out. I am not that good at painting, so the texturing was the practice I needed, and I learned a few UV mapping tricks.

I do plan to rig her since I want a job as an animator as opposed to a modeler, but I want to know the process of the entire pipeline in case I want to make my own shorts.

And yes, I am glad I made her ass *almost* too big. Something consistent I kept with the character, but I like drawing my women bottom-heavy :D.

[video=youtube;6RFq-Xi2RUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RFq-Xi2RUM[/video]

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like it! I think you already know your own weaknesses, so I won't point out that the texturing could use a bit more detail :) (just did). I think you added a lot of unnecessary detail to the knees as it doesn't show with the texture on top. But maybe it was done for animation purposes? If not, you could just texture the necessary detail on a more simpler flow on the knees. I liked her design very much, I mean.. look at dat ass! I could imagine Damaera wants it! Anywho, good job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom