New Explosion Idea!

Best answers
Well I was playing Ground Control lately and i just noticed how buitiful the exposions are, and how simple they are. Basically they are all composed of 2d spirtes aranged in a 3d fasion. If u guys do not know what im talking about ill post some screen shots.

Another thing, It would rock if explosions made shock waves, they would have no effect but just look insanly cool.

Oh yea i think all explosions should have a maximum explosion radius, so u cant just blow up the ring with a standard ki beam.

ok here is a screen ok an explosion

Best answers
Is ground control a mod for hl or something? BTW, those explosions look nice and all, but hey don't look like they'd fit into ESF.

Best answers
Thats just a basic sample, if u saw the nuke explosion i think u would agree that they would fit into esf quite well. Im also just showing a type of explosion based on sprites, not a 3D model.

Ground Control is a game made by sierra.

Ill post a screen shot of a nuke next =)

Best answers
yea i think explosions wud b kewl.. but u said something bout maximum radius? meaning it reaches the end of maps? that would b too much if that's what u meant.. good idea.. keep it goin.. :talk:

Best answers
No Maximum radius means there's a limit on how large your beam will explode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would look sweet if it oculd be implemented, but i hope it will be

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone else intrested in this? and gump i hear your doing a custom explosions thingamajig whats all that about?
edit: doh! sorry bout the double post

Best answers
Originally posted by uslessresponse
anyone else intrested in this? and gump i hear your doing a custom explosions thingamajig whats all that about?
edit: doh! sorry bout the double post
hehe yea im working on it, got lots of stuff im doing atm though, skiing, working on my Dungeon Siege mod, and so on. Basically im using the Ground Control explosions as a example to work off. Ill keep you guys posted on how they are going, probably gana have different explosions for different forms of atacks.

Ki blask- general explosions with lots of smoke and debris

Ki beam- general explosion with small dome forming first, lots of smoke lots of debris

Medium Beams(gallit gun,sbc ect..)- General explosion with medium dome forming first, lots of debris, small mushroom cloud forming after dome

Large Beams(final flash,kameha,mouth blast ect..)- Masive explosions with large dome and masive amounts of debris, Large mushroom cloud forming after explosion. Posibly a white flash when finfal flash is explodes(this could change gamy play though).

Just a general idea on how i want these explosions to turn out

Oh, ill also add alot of dust and debris when u get meleed into an object.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom