NEW ESFSTuff layout

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the layout is fine, its the navigation i would be more concerend with
Bolteh said:
thats extra trouble for those users...

the point of having a good site is to relax the surfer.. not forcing him to close firefox, open ie.. retype the url and dll a model...
thats kinda like saying you shouldnt force people from england to drive on the right side of the road in the usa....
majority rules, its simple as that.

and why should a site owner have to go through "extra trouble" for 5 people that are so bent against anything popular they simply cannot bear to use it.

Bolteh2

B
dude, its just a simple fact of webdesign (believe me.... ive had webdesign classes for over 4 years.. add to that the management and copyright law and you cant beat me on this...)

sitesq shouls be coded in universal code.. not inet explorer only code

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Like I said, if the site used proper HTML it would look the same in ALL browsers.

But if you look at the site's code, you'll realize why it never will (after you stop laughing that is).

Best answers
/me checks the source

The CSS code you speak of is a comment, why its there is beyond me but it means nothing to the site. He puts < !-- -- > (minus the spaces) before and after respectivly, then adds a < /style> tag... Why I do not know...

Why did you continue with your HTML *after* the < /html> tag? Its there for a reason you know o_o

Overall the site looks *decent*, but you should try and make it compatable with "all" of the browsers, and cleaning it up a bit. The code itself looks pretty sloppy *coughs at frontpage*

Best answers
i maked the page in dreamwaver and i don`t even look at the code... i only look at the code when i need to add a include tag!!!!

For the iframe **** you say.. i can`t use tables there becourse pafiledb is finda hard to include in the code!!! it is possible but than i must code everything arround the pafiledb stuff instead of just including it in the layout... and if you want to help me with fixing the site so that it can be watched on all browsers than add me on msn.

Bolteh2

B
hes talking bout doing tables for the main layout... then add an iframe with 0,0 coords in an open cell...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
The CSS code you speak of is a comment, why its there is beyond me but it means nothing to the site. He puts < !-- -- > (minus the spaces) before and after respectivly, then adds a < /style> tag... Why I do not know...
CSS code is supposed to be placed in comments, that way older browsers that don't know how to parse CSS don't attempt to.

There is no way that was made in Dreamweaver. The first thing Dreamweaver adds to an HTML file when it creates it is...

PHP:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
</body>
</html>
Excuse the PHP colors. Had to use the php tag otherwise VBulletin parses it as HTML. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom