Best answers
I'm pretty new to mapping, but really new to ESF mapping.. I got the files that I need (the esfmapper.zip) but I'm running into a few problems. I have a few things down on my map and when I go to run it, it loads fine but when I go to join a team, it simply restarts the map. Not sure how to explain it. I'll select my team and character, then the console pops back down and reloads the map and tells me to pick my team and character again.. This continues until I get bored and quit. I'm not really sure what I'm doing with ESF. I'm also not sure what I'm doing with the hulls.txt file. If someone could be kind enough to help me, I'd really apprecaite it. Thanks a bunch :-D!

Best answers
Hmm.. Odd.. I have them both, but I did figure out what's going on. If I run the map while in the editor, it does that. BUT, if I run the esf game and changelevel, it's fine.. Any explainations? I'm lost :-/

Best answers
Sure u have the info_player_deathmatch?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dont start the map in console but in create game ore lan game ;)

Best answers
Taz: Had it.

Shadow: Had that too.

Imp: Yeah, I found that to be a lot easier. I have a shortcut on my desktop that starts up an internet game. I have a shortcut like that for all my sierra games ;-). Still not sure what's up with the editor though. I find myself running the map in Hammer Editor, quiting and running the map via my desktop shortcut. *Shrug*.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weird things seem to happen when you use shortcuts. That's why I always launch HL and then activate whatever mod I want to use.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Karrde, my shortcut works perfectly, it's Hammer Editor that doesn't :-/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom