New ESF 1.3 Melee System

Best answers
Reasons Why They Should Change Advance melee
1) For some reason Nub players have a hard time picking it up.(understanding how it works)
2) Good players who enjoy the speed of the game get annoyed when someone catches them with adv melee because it slows down the entire rush of the game that basic melee gives you.
My Idea To Adv The Advance Melee System
When someone swoops into someone else the pre-punches should be their but To have more then 1 animation for the prepunches would be nice. Possibly some punches and kicks. Ok.. So after the prepunches have taken place your supposed to click the mouse and hit the arrows so that they show up on the enemies screen. Well with my idea you dont need to hold the mouse and use *slow arrows* to defend. Instead, you double click mouse1 to engage during the prepunches. Then after you've double clicked an Adv melee life bar apears in the top right of your screen(depends on PL) and an empty bar apears, centered near the bottum of your screen. During the prepunches the bar should begin to fill... NOT SLOW... But NOT faster then humanly possible to react to. BuT The bar should fill up faster each turn therefore making the adv melee fighting intense and fast. As the bar fills up... it should start at green(for weak punches). Then to Blue(for medium punches). Then to red(for strong punches or specials). As the bar fills up the player must press a direction before the bar completely fills or else he stumbles.. giving the chance for the opponent to pull a special move on him(ill explain further down). IMMEDIATLY AFter Pressing the arrow his character should setup for a the hit. AT the exact same time on the defender's screen should the arrow apear and fade out(it should disapear and the player should only get a glimpse). Immediately after the defender presses his arrow to dodge/Counter(counter will be explained further down) the attack a bar should apear on his screen so that he may deliver an attack back.(making the fighting pace fast).
As this process continues... The adv melee life bar drains as you get hit and when it hits 0 you break apart.

**The animations should not pause***The proccess should continue even if a player messes up an gets hit.***The animations should be able to keep up with the process giving the adv melee a Dbz fast paced Feel... They should remove the red text that appears and displays the number of hit you get in. Instead each hit should be emphisized with special effects..
Example when 2 people head on with basic melee that bubble explosion should apear around the players fist as he hits.
Also as the players fight longer an longer a conflicting aura should apear around the 2 instead of the bubble that appears >.>

Stumbles:
if a player doesnt press his arrow in time his player stumbles... Giving his oppenent time to pull back to back combos(multiple hits) instead of just 1 hit.

Specials:
After a player has stumbled and you still have 80% of your adv melee life left you can pull a special combo by holding both mouse1 and mouse2 and then pressing the correct sequence of arrows that belongs to that specific special... (all players who have a special done to them should end up being kick out of the engaged mode or is beamed an falls to the ground.
Some specials should also involve transforming instantly and doing the special( not just floating and punching but maybe very fast an rappid teleports around a character hitting him as you wip by with ssj then the final blow knocks him out of the engaged mode)

Counters:
Counters appears should happen randomly and when they do, the person being countered gets his "Melee Bar's" Fill up speed increase abit

Best answers
I like the idea of stumbleing and doing specials that would be awsome.

Best answers
By the way Their should be 5 different specials for each character 3 being a special combo and the other 2 being a beam combo... the beam combo should do more dmg and dran all but 20 % of your ki .. The beam combo should also require 85% of your adv-melee lifebar.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
nice idea, another thing you could add is, if exact timing's take place, both players punch each other at the same time, which has happened in dbz before lol.

I also like this, see if you can follow. Lets say that another idea for your special would be this.... Arrows begin filling up on your screen, at first slowly, but faster and faster, and as long as you can keep up with them, your character constantly deals blows to the opponent ( combos) until you finally mess up on the arrow guessing.

1 more thing I thought of for advanced melee. This is assuming the pre-punching sequence remains in 1.3. I get tired sometimes that when someone starts pre-punching you for advanced melee, theres no real way to get out of it. I think a good idea to mix it up a bit would be, a random arrow is thrown at you during the sequence, and if you guess it right, the tables get turned, and you deliver a strong punch to him, which could be a basic melee hit, and then you can continue on combo'ing him to death.

Or, if you guess the random correctly, continue into advanced melee with you at the advantage. Would something like this work?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of these ideas I like & some I don't. A newbie's opinion on the game being really hard would probably make him complain more as most newbs don't really understand the conecpt of the arrows that they have to dodge (what i'm sayying is that a lot of them just come straghit ingame without reading the manual). 3 hits for missing one arrow I don't see as a good thing. Combos perform more then one hit as it is, if you get one of the arrows incorrect and the other arrows right, your'e still going be hit with the combo anyway. It would be simlar in that aspect.

Best answers
Holy Crap tony!

Nice idea with the hitting each other at the same time.. Think about this

For an adv melee head on.. instead of the way it is originally down now...

both of you get flooded with random arrows(not actually random arrows but regular arrows in random order), and they the arrows come faster an faster. As these arrows come your stamina begins to run out. AFter either player's stamina runs out It will show a player push the other play off of him thus breaking up the head on. But if either player messes up like 4 times ina row it would cause the other player to Stumble.... from there you can pull off a special(only a combo special.. not a really cool special you'de see in the New adv melee i thought of ><).

::: EDIT :::
During the arrow rush people It would show the 2 characters fighting at high speeds. The speed should look somthing like the combos now but they should be fighting with blocking and all.

Best answers
could you please be alittle more specific i kinda dont understand what your tryen to say x.x with the 3 hit stuff an all

I guess i kinda understand what your saying but the difference is The speed a fluid motion of the adv melee fighting.. my way is fast paced and fluent and it goes well with esf which i think is a fast paced game.

::: EDIT ::: OMG SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING

Hey Saiyan Overlord thanx for posting about that 3 hit thing..... It made me think of another idea

instead of a counter letting you do a combo it will speed up the opponents bar "fill up speed" making it harder for him to hit the button before the bar maxes out. Making it more likely for him to "STUMBLE" in the long run

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's from the way I understand it. If i miss one arrow & get hit, I shouldn't be hit more then once, it would be a little unfair (unless it was one of the combos). That's why I like the curent melee system in the way that you should have to think up a good set of directions that increase your chances of hitting the enemy should your directions give the enemy a random arrow.

Best answers
thats not how it works..
Example:

My bar begins to fill i press the arrow i want to hit. the arrow comes up on your screen. If you miss u get hit .. NOt with a combo but with 1 hit.. but this is pretty fast... basicly its blow for blow.

Now lets say u didn't hit the wrong arrow an got it right... You would then have to chance to hit me back.. now lets say you didnt press anything before the bar filled... Then you'de stumble allowing me to do a combo on you or possibly a Special if i had enough adv Melee Life

:::: EDIT ::::

And That counter idea i just changed ... A counter should occur randomly and if it does who ever is doing the counter speeds up the other player's "Bar Fill up Speed"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, stop suggesting things for newbs. Try to think of ideas that benefit the veterans as well -_-.

I don't like your idea because I hate advanced melee. I dont care if we're moving around while i get prepunched by some kid who does nothing but prepunched. Im just pissed that hes getting free hits and I cant stop him.

Best answers
why dont you read my idea... There is no way to get free hits it takes complete skill and nothing is givin...

:: EDIT ::

it does benifit the veterans cuz my version of the adv melee is fast paced

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, prepunches are free hits. Fast paced advanced melee is still advanced melee. The fact that I'm no longer able to control my movements isn't fun.

Guessing what direction a random is doesn't take skill, and neither does button smashing. Imagine what your idea would be like for someone with 90+ ping. Keeping up with anyone in advanced melee would be excessively hard. That doesn't make it fun, it makes it annoying. Pressing buttons as quickly as you can doesn't take skill. That takes dexterity.

Best answers
u stupid ho >.> Their are NO random arrows... AnD ITS not button mashing... -_-

When the attacker delivers his hit you, YOU only get a flash or glimpse of the arrow then you have to quickly press the arrow to dodge the hit then press another arrow to hit him back before your bar fills up IF your bar fillls up you *stumble* if you stumble they can pull off a special(IF they have more then 80% of their adv melee life left)or just a regular combo (3-4 hits or a combo like the 2 we have now)...
If you are hit during the exchange of punches/kicks The process doesn't stop but it keeps going and you still get the chance to try and hit him back

The only time the you can break out of the engaged mode is if yOu adv melee life hits 0 OR You pull off a special/combo

This is better then the orignal adv melee we have now that takes for ever for a nublet to get off of you. If you want to mess the nub up You have to be better at press the right buttons quickly. And to mix it up Their are Random COunters. THESE Speed up the rate in which the Melee bar is filled up. If you get countered you have to use even more skillz to press the right button even faster to keep up with your enemy

They should really add - quick throw - if they havent already put it in 1.3
Here is my idea for how to use it
After hitting someone with basic melee it would be great to go into my version of adv melee or USE The quick throw(which quickly slings the enemy one time an throws them) for a second hit. The ability to use quick throw as a 2nd hit would give a person the ability to take on more then 1 person at a time. Usually on a 2 vs 1 .. one player sits back an waits for the oppoent to hit his friend so he can get the easy hit.... forcing the the team with 1 player to constantly run. If quick throw was available for a 2nd hit A player could hit 1 time then for a 2nd use quick throw to sling him into his buddy who's just sitting there waiting for the easy hit.

The quick throw advice would also change how people play in pubs.. More people will go for a quick throw to get another person off their back instead of running away..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, thats not skill. You just need high dexterity.

Best answers
Zeo you just dont see how fun it could be ....

By the way Dexterity is a skill since it can be improved and practiced on....

Oh an read my edit above for my other new idea for quick throw

-Jinx(zeo let me know what you think of the quick throw)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dexterity isn't a skill.

I like the quick throw, as long as it doesn't mean I can quick throw you up to the ceiling and juggle you without using nearly as much ki as I would have had I thrown you the regular way.

Best answers
they said they were getting rid of the ceiling bounce thing...

::::EDIT::
IF dexterity isn't a skill then what is it.. you arent born with the gift to shoot an arrow off a persons head

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comparing learning to play a guitar to button smashing is retarded. Just my opinion of course.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comparing learning to play a guitar to button smashing is retarded. Just my opinion of course.
it would be had i compared it, but i am just commenting that dexterity is indeed a skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom