New Energy Attack System!!!

Best answers
OK, for 5 years i have been worked up over the energy attack system. Go onto ESF, pick piccolo, charge up your special beam cannon fully, fire, and youll get an explosion the size of my thumb.

Please, for the relation of Dragonball (Not Including Ki-Blasts);
A: Increase the blast radius of energy attacks by at least 10X
B: Increase the damage of energy attacks by 4-6X
C: Cast Time - You can fire any attack right away but it wont be very affective, like just a stun. BUT you can charge it up slowly for like 20 full seconds and unleash an insane blast.
D: ESPECIALLY for the secondary attack of generic beam (generic ball)

I know it sounds extreme, but relate an ESF energy scene to a DBZ energy scene. Until this is done, Ki Blasts and Melee, and sometimes normal beams, will remain the only battle-effective attacks.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Increased radius by 10X = all map is in one big flashbang grenade :laff:.

Best answers
ok they could make some exeptions :D ;) but seriously i hate spending 3 seconds on a generic ball that hits nothing for 5 damage :S

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You ever hear of something called game balance?

Cause your suggestion tells me you dont know what the hell that is.

Play EVM 2.0 The first person to SSJ3 Goku started shooting Kamehamehas killing everyone in the server without them having any chance to fight back simply cause the explosion killed the entire server.

ESF is not DBZ. Its DBZ themed but its not actuall DBZ. Then again if it was DBZ beams wouldnt do splash damage.

Cause aside from blob attacks beams in DBZ just incinerated. But the explosion was nothing more than a srtrong wind doing 0 damage to anyone who wasnt blown into a wall. The only damage was the direct impact.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think of a Lightsabe. Direct Damage is the only damage from it.

By the time your a 5mil Pl you are destroying servers just by using Generic beams.

Best answers
All i am trying to get at is that unless someone is retarded and just stands there infront of you, then most of the energy attacks are useless, unless you have an insane high powerlevel and the others in the server arent even at 2nd form yet

Best answers
People move too fast so the only way to work this out in my opinion is-
A- Make the attacks more powerful as i listed above
or
B- Allow players to move as fast as they normally can (dash, ect.) while charging up an energy attack

EDIT:: Splash damage? there is an explosion at the end of an energy attack...
Also to add onto what i said above, the attack projectiles/beams need to be made bigger with that case
EDIT2:: If nothing above is possible, then at least increasing the speed of beams and projectiles would make a good difference.

If my suggestions are crap, all i am getting at is that beams and projectiles (not including ki blasts and generic beams) are useless unless someone is not moving for a good 4 full seconds or more

Last edited:
The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
No.. blasts are already too damaging in 1.2. ESF doesn't need to turn into a beam spam fest. Honestly, charging up a beam and shooting it into a crowd for kills takes no skill, and gets boring quick. Getting killed from beams while you're trying to fight someone gets annoying. Explosion radius don't need to be any bigger.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off STOP DOUBLE POSTING ,secondly ESF 1.2.3 special beam cannon it's preaty powerfull in game,probably you probably played ECX witch has lower dmg to all beams

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea cell + SBC = deadly combination.

Besides in 1.3 you have beam lockon.

And if your talking about the open beta then just stop. Since balancing was not done yet. Only the HPs of chars have ben raised. The damage is still the same as in 1.2

That comes later.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In DBZ, the most common fighting type is melee, not beams. Same in ESF. Though it would be nice to see those end-fight beams like Spirit Bomb or Final Flash kill half of the players in the other side of the map :smile:. As we all know, those two are charged longer so people around can easily punch them down. If not - players can always avoid the beams by swooping/teleporting away.

Best answers
maybe there could be a way to control the area in wich it effects say you select normal beam in order to increase the size simply use the mouse scroll to adjust the size of the attack and the area effect, and say if you want more power to the attack hold down alt before you start charging wich till take both stamina and ki and maybe like slow you down abit after firing and lower your hp a little but the hp will re-generate say for all of your power and strength to come back would take about 4 - 6 seconds perhaps?, this giving the game another edge and more user control so this would also prevent spamming and leave spammers kind of weak so they can't keep going around spamming and you would need a super high amount of power to do what you can do as of now in 1.2.3 like keep spamming with 2 mill pl and pretty much keep killing and be almost impossible to catch im thinking you would need like 12 million pl to do that with this battle system with a normal non adjusted beam attack.

Edit:

Also you could probably make 1 hit kills with the least amount of area effect and the maximum amount of power given to the attack and probably at most that would die would be like 2 or 3 but only if they were all standing only about 2 - 3 feet from each other so really a 1 hit kill would also just be a 1 shot chance as well and best for beam battling, so really this kind of does balance itself out and gives more power and control over the game.

Last edited:
Best answers
Yea cell + SBC = deadly combination.

Besides in 1.3 you have beam lockon.

That comes later.
Does that include blasts like generic ball and other specials? if it does then i will be more than happy with it :)

sorry my suggestions are total crap, but that beam lockon would completely solve my issue

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You shouldnt be to happy. We arnt making it that easy.

The more you charge the beam the slower it will turn. Meaning a fully charged Kamehameha will have problems hitting a fast moving target since it wont be able to turn fast enough, while the minimum charged one will be able to folow the target.

So its your choice. Sacrifice damage or sacrifice turn rate ^^

Best answers
why shouldnt i be happy with that? isnt it balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom