New Drawings

Best answers
Hello. I notice people telling me from RavenTrunks thread i need to study anatomy, i do but that drawing is scrap so here are some of my Pics. I admit i do still need to practice but anime dosnt really have anatomy with an exception of some anime (dbz) Most contain 8inch legs on female and giant arms on men take lupon where the hell is the anatomy in that.:p ^^

1: My Original Charachter Sylvia.
I mest up on her right arm XD she looks wired. Colored with Prisma Markers

2: This is My original character Trista.
I mest up on her eye, way to far apart. and Im not sure about the right arm. Colored Prisma Markers

3: This is some girl i drew at my brother Hockey game.Not sure if the anatomy is Perfectly correct but i also dont draw semi nor realistic images. Colored with Prisma Markers.

^^

Best answers
yup those drawings are better.......
but even anime has an anatomy structure.
the anime style is based off the real human figure, and although ur not going to be drawing a whole lot of muscles all the time because anime is a simplified version, theres always proportions and placement.... that's also considered apart of anatomy.

what your talking about with the super long legs and buff arms, those are just exaggerations. even if they are exaggerations, the figures they draw are based on a set proportion system.... meaning it's consistent. if the artists have to, they will draw a proportionally correct human figure, but they dont cuz theyre techically given an "artistic liscence" which means they can do a few exaggerations and wont get punished for being "anatomically incorrect." it's kinda considered their style. (i might be wrong about all this, but in truth, i never really liked sailor moon drawings..... which is where ud see the long legs and whatnot. )

if you can sketch out the human figure well, which means studying muscle structure, joints, etc, your anime drawings will turn out better with practice.

Best answers
Linda said:
yup those drawings are better.......
but even anime has an anatomy structure.
the anime style is based off the real human figure, and although ur not going to be drawing a whole lot of muscles all the time because anime is a simplified version, theres always proportions and placement.... that's also considered apart of anatomy.

what your talking about with the super long legs and buff arms, those are just exaggerations. even if they are exaggerations, the figures they draw are based on a set proportion system.... meaning it's consistent. if the artists have to, they will draw a proportionally correct human figure, but they dont cuz theyre techically given an "artistic liscence" which means they can do a few exaggerations and wont get punished for being "anatomically incorrect." it's kinda considered their style. (i might be wrong about all this, but in truth, i never really liked sailor moon drawings..... which is where ud see the long legs and whatnot. )

if you can sketch out the human figure well, which means studying muscle structure, joints, etc, your anime drawings will turn out better with practice.

I know animes are based of anatomy, raven told me to say it like that. Anywho. It sthe fact that people dont read wat is happaning liek what the image really is. If its and accual drawing or if its trash, like the drawing raven drew was something i threw away but it was his character so he wanted to keep it and color it but ppl insist to say its not well draw, of course no its trash lol. But he is practiacing (pardon my mispell) photoshop cg so he colors my stuff in, or my "trash drawings" I can do complete drawings if i had to but my style is Anime. Animes liek sailor moon, Ah megami sama Ayashi no Ceres and Fruits Baskets inspire me so my anatomy will seem like that. My drawinngs can also vary from wicked good to medioker to WTF , you know. Im still in school and well i really dont have profesinal traing so if you ask me im off on a good start. Thankies for your critiqe though ^^ i liek to know what i need work on even if i already know. I should post a male drawing lol youd have funn with that ^^

Best answers
no worries. everyone has to start somewhere right?
just be prepared, you'll come across some real b*tches when it comes to people who critique drawings. i was lucky to only meet one so far @_@.
and yes ur off to a good start. :D just keep at it!

Best answers
LadyRavenTrunks said:
I admit i do still need to practice but anime dosnt really have anatomy with an exception of some anime (dbz) Most contain 8inch legs on female and giant arms on men take lupon where the hell is the anatomy in that.:p ^^
In my opinion you need to know a bit of human anatomy to be able to animate one. Some don't have a urging need to, but as far as what Ive seen you do. So it's gonna do you huge good if you grab a book of anatomy and try to draw some things after it. Youll learn alot and you'll be able to do more poses.

LadyRavenTrunks said:
2: This is My original character Trista.
I mest up on her eye, way to far apart. and Im not sure about the right arm. Colored Prisma Markers
I gotta admit that you tottaly messed up with that one. She looks like a alien, since the distance between the eyes is abnormal and you see absolutely no white in the eyes which only makes it worse.

The third drawing is kinda nice, but im nor really a fan of an exagerated eyes-on-top-of-hair style, which in my opinion you are overdoing there.
You need practice and to experiment imo.
Try to keep from geting stuck in doing one thing all the time (like you do here, and the majority of your drawings ive seen, merely faces and as much half of the body). I'm telling you from own experience, because then you wont be able to draw more than that and eventually it gets unsatisfying since you arent as capable of drawing the whole body nor a decent background. Of course i dont know what you are aiming for, but this is my advice.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first one is respectable... Her left arm looks like it has no meat.

The second and third one just aren't good however. The Alien face, and overly exagerated eyes blow. not to mention poorly done anatomy. I don't care what your excuse is for anatomy, it just doesn't look good. Plain and simple.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not liking the skin color transition on a couple of them, especially Trista.

Best answers
ok so i checked out ur gallery, and on ur 3/4 views of the face (where theyre looking to the side, not the front view pictures), ur eyes are too far apart on all of them. the ears arent that close to the eyes. if you look in the mirror and look sideways, u can check the distance between ur ear and ur eye, and ull see its half a head a part. so either pull the ear farther to the back of the head, or move the eye closer to the vertical nose line.
anyway thats a quick fix i can offer you for ur drawings.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me likey teh top one ^_^,
I seconded Linda!...
The eyes do look nice though.. I like teh 2nd pics eyes!

Best answers
owa said:
The first one is respectable... Her left arm looks like it has no meat.

The second and third one just aren't good however. The Alien face, and overly exagerated eyes blow. not to mention poorly done anatomy. I don't care what your excuse is for anatomy, it just doesn't look good. Plain and simple.
Do you even read what people type or just go in straight for the comments. I said her arm was to small and i said her eyes were to far apart the fact that i know my own mistakes are good enought. I also mentioned i dont do realistic-ness so my human isnt ... all there but hell im trying. its not an excuse its the truth i need to still practice anatomy, so my excuse it I need to practice XD.

Hwoarang said:
I'm not liking the skin color transition on a couple of them, especially Trista.
Me too, im not that great nah im not the good with markers. i need to get sometype of marker tutorial or summin lol.

Linda said:
ok so i checked out ur gallery, and on ur 3/4 views of the face (where theyre looking to the side, not the front view pictures), ur eyes are too far apart on all of them. the ears arent that close to the eyes. if you look in the mirror and look sideways, u can check the distance between ur ear and ur eye, and ull see its half a head a part. so either pull the ear farther to the back of the head, or move the eye closer to the vertical nose line.
anyway thats a quick fix i can offer you for ur drawings.
Yea, im trying to get atta that habit. Blah. Im prcticing Backgrounds and all that fun stuff. Im practicein guys and perspective and all the wonderfull not so easily done stuff lol. Well cheers to trying^^

SaKuMa said:
I gotta admit that you tottaly messed up with that one. She looks like a alien, since the distance between the eyes is abnormal and you see absolutely no white in the eyes which only makes it worse.
there is white, its just color pencil. i mixed its. It dont show as well as the other one, dunno why but i am going to fix them when i do a cg version.^^

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LadyRavenTrunks said:
1: My Original Charachter Sylvia.
I mest up on her right arm XD she looks wired. Colored with Prisma Markers
Actually, you said you messed up her RIGHT arm. I said the proplem was with her LEFT arm. Maybe you should practice reading, well you're at it.

Not to mention the hair could use some major work on all your drawings, as it just seems like giant clumps of color going downwards. The shading could use work too. The drawings are below average.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
she was refering the her left arm, but just its to the right of the screen, she got confused and said right because its to her right. so yeah she saw it as your talking about her Left arm on the right.(actually makes sense.) so then started her reply on it.

Best answers
owa said:
Actually, you said you messed up her RIGHT arm. I said the proplem was with her LEFT arm. Maybe you should practice reading, well you're at it.

Not to mention the hair could use some major work on all your drawings, as it just seems like giant clumps of color going downwards. The shading could use work too. The drawings are below average.

I was refuring to the arm your mentioning but when i look at it its the right, so you should stop telling me what i need to learn alright. Second i know the hair isnt good but im using markers. Called PRACTICE. I dont have any teaching with coloring with markers alright so im doing the best i can so. MARKERS are difficult for me to USE becuz well i dont know how to use them PROPERLY ok. ^^ have a wonderful Day....

RavenTrunks said:
she was refering the her left arm, but just its to the right of the screen, she got confused and said right because its to her right. so yeah she saw it as your talking about her Left arm on the right.(actually makes sense.) so then started her reply on it.

Thankies Verry Much for understanding my eye view of this ^^

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
She said "I messed up on HER right arm." refering to the drawing's point of view. Obviously, I am not in the wrong for using proper grammer and assuming she ment the drawing's right arm (which also needs work, The wrist area is slight facked). And no it doesn't make sense, unless you use a improper grammar often.

She just said "I should stop telling her what she already knows." How was I suppose to know you already knew it was messed up? I'm the one who read it properlly, and the fact both arms aren't done well, only added to the confusion.

With all these errors that you "knew about" why would you show us them? How are we suppose to know what you know is bad and what you know isn't bad? Suck it up, I'm just giving you constructive crits. Don't find excuses. Fix the proplems and proove me wrong.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Owa, your post is riddled with grammatical errors so just stop with the grammar naziism already...

I dont really like the drawings too much. It might just be because i like realistic drawings, so no worries ^_^. The placement of the face on the first drawing is odd. Either the head itself should be less.....high.....or the face should be brought up a bit. The arms also look like they are behind the body rather than on the sides.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Owa, your post is riddled with grammatical errors so just stop with the grammar naziism already...

I dont really like the drawings too much. It might just be because i like realistic drawings, so no worries ^_^. The placement of the face on the first drawing is odd. Either the head itself should be less.....high.....or the face should be brought up a bit. The arms also look like they are behind the body rather than on the sides.
I'm not being a grammar nazi, merely stating why I figured she ment the other arm.

Best answers
owa said:
I'm not being a grammar nazi, merely stating why I figured she ment the other arm.

i will admit my grammer isnt at all good. its best to just ask me if you dont understand and once i get a marker to ink in my new art ill see if they are better. Cant promise anything good im heavily in with the anime and well i guess i should try realism eh... Well bye hope my new art doest tick you off.

Best answers
who cares. one of the arms has a problem, we get it. no use bickering over which arm is which.

anyway, i think u did a nice job with the prisma colors. i had a hard time using them my first time, which was my only time really >.<
nice job anyway, just keep practicing.

Best answers
Linda said:
who cares. one of the arms has a problem, we get it. no use bickering over which arm is which.

anyway, i think u did a nice job with the prisma colors. i had a hard time using them my first time, which was my only time really >.<
nice job anyway, just keep practicing.

yup i practice everyday, i usally draw about 10 images a day whether scrap or complete you know ^^

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first is the best, I don't like eyes coming out over hair its scary o_O and the middle is just O_O. Your body's are good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom