New Dragonballz series: Dragon Ball Super thoughts.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I asking myself now...will Krillin die again ?

Discord Member
Best answers
is the series seriously just a rehash of the movies ... WTF

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
is the series seriously just a rehash of the movies ... WTF
nope, it's a whole new series. it picks up directly after the end of the Buu Saga.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Buu Saga > DBZ Super > BoG > RoF Timeline maybe

maybe shows transition to the new things

Discord Member
Best answers
nope, it's a whole new series. it picks up directly after the end of the Buu Saga.
you see the episodes so far? they haven't acknowledged BOG and Revival of F happening ... and they are making them start. They are starting the BOG arc ... afterward is going to be the Revival of F. and THEN after all of those arcs they are going to go into a new arc about "Universe 6" ..... but seriously .. couldn't they just start after the movies?

source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dragon-ball-super-complete-showcase-event-reveals-series-plot/

(directly from Akira Toriyama)

"Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Buu story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'” arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I’ve written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They’re fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6! They’ll yell at me if I give away too many spoilers, so I’ll keep the rest a secret, but they’re chasing after giant Super Dragon Balls; I think things will unfold in a bright and simple way, that will be really fun and exciting!

Since it’s another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I’ll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I’m looking forward to this too.

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story. Since I’m the guy who drew the thing, it’s a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). Don’t worry though, it’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!"

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
About that Super Saiyan God Form. this form has a Big purpose why it looks that way, it has nothing to do with that tori wasn't creative or lazy. He choose to look like this, because he wants to bring back the original Super Saiyan form from the Freeza saga. He wants to ged rid of the Ss2 and 3 for good, because super saiyan 1 is the only Form that acctually has a Story behind it, supposed to be that Legendary Form of A Saiyan.
after goku transformed back from ssgod to normal state, he already became way stronger than in ss3 at his MAX, because his body could experience this form and absorb it and Then, he transformed into a Super Saiyan to match beeruses power again. the same power he had in super saiyan god form

"quote: OK then, how did you come up with Super Saiyan God?
Akira Toriyama: Whis also mentions Super Saiyan God, and I had to reread all of the comics again, then I was able to come up with the idea. I made Super Saiyan God look simple because that’s the Saiyan God. End quote"

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/03/akira-toriyama-interview/ <--- here is the full interview with Toriyama abouot battle of Gods

"What is Super Saiyan God?!4
[Super Saiyan] God’s appearing was set from the very start of production. There’s a line in the movie, too, but even I thought, “‘God’ is an exaggeration…”. (laughs) As for the design, I made it by taking Super Saiyan, which I’d made flashy up through “3”, and paring it down to the absolute limit."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/super-long-interview-please-tell-us-akira-toriyama-sensei/ <--- here you find another interview

There is a very good chance that the Ss god won't be seen in the whole story, because in the movie it only lasted for about 10 minutes.
i watch DB since i was 5 and i'm a huge fan of it and i my opinion i like the ss god form rather than to have a golden ss4 version that you might see only for a short time and then never again...
this is toriyamas work, instead crying around about the design, you should ask why he made him look that way and not like maybe some ss4 with golden hair and fur or whats o'ever. and there you have the answers ;)
and after such a long time he is at it again and we should be open for what he has in store for us, and i'm sure it will be just as legendary, as DB and Z was at their springtime :)

Honestly, i like the what he has done so far with those movies and the series so far and i would love to have en extendet version of BoG and RoF, because he can show so much more in the series than he can in a movie. because he doesn't need to worry about keeping the time line for a movie. but that's just my thoughts:)

Last edited:
Best answers
Did anyone saw the 5th episode?
I saw it...and my first reaction was... W....T.... FFUUUUUUU...
The animation was terrible and unexeptable for animation in 2015.. :(
Here is an review why that happened. .
And those pictures that you are looking here...really ARE from the actual episode. ..
And they were ALOT more and worst moments like these :/

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PODkEeenbOI

Ps: at 6:00 I laughed hard :D
At least it's ridiculously... funny to see animation THAT bad!

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Well watched DBZ again the last few weeks and there are TONS of scenes with equal "bad" quality. Btw the year doesn't have anything to do with animation quality being better. More over ppl get paid more today, so maybe they run out of money :D

Discord Member
Best answers
The animation quality is lazy and generic. I understand that anime today all look the same, but DB(Z) had its own style. This "clean" animation is total garbage - I couldn't detest something more.

Question: Have you ever noticed the backgrounds on Super? All they've done is draw an outline, overlay a texture and move it with the camera. Now, go watch any DBZ episode and be amazed at the hand painted backgrounds. That being said, it wouldn't surprise if they reused pieces whenever they could. Regardless, this serves as just one example of how much harder the original animators tried.

Being lax with backgrounds can be forgiven if it is substituted with more intense fight sequences, for example - this isn't the case, though. The most recent fight scenes released (the two films), while still entertaining, were too short. Not to mention the fact they splice in Xbox360 models every now and then to help ease the strain on the animators /sarcasm.

Toriyama is either a naive fool, or a greedy old man.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The animation quality is lazy and generic. I understand that anime today all look the same, but DB(Z) had its own style. This "clean" animation is total garbage - I couldn't detest something more.

Question: Have you ever noticed the backgrounds on Super? All they've done is draw an outline, overlay a texture and move it with the camera. Now, go watch any DBZ episode and be amazed at the hand painted backgrounds. That being said, it wouldn't surprise if they reused pieces whenever they could. Regardless, this serves as just one example of how much harder the original animators tried.

Being lax with backgrounds can be forgiven if it is substituted with more intense fight sequences, for example - this isn't the case, though. The most recent fight scenes released (the two films), while still entertaining, were too short. Not to mention the fact they splice in Xbox360 models every now and then to help ease the strain on the animators /sarcasm.

Agree.

I had problem with the series directed to younger audience, since DBZ was a bit darker in my opinion. Then i learned, that they are doing the same Beerus saga that they did in the movie, with more fillers. And what's up with the animation in the latest episode? They could have literally used the same animation from the movie, yet they decided that ms paint was enough to illustrate goku vs beerus. What a f-ing joke. How can animation from the last century beat this?

PS. What's with the king Kai's voice, the animation doesn't match the voice acting...

Best answers

Nope... sorry..
I was too distract...from Goku's HUGE EYEBALL
11850025_890818194326539_1580295586_n.jpg

:D :D :D

And...and...and...
Over here.... We are having....retardet Goku...
With a THIRD EYEBROW !!

retardetGoku.jpg

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I wish it was like DB BoG. I don't know if it had issues with animation but I think that the movie was better that DBS.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie is obviously going to have better animation/quality in general than the weekly anime. I'd imagine it would be pretty costly to have incredibly high quality episodes that are up to par with the movie getting released every week.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So even Akira thinks the name is ridiculous lmao.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yea it's ridiculous, but wasn't he the one to come up with the name... or? This is just an assumption on my end. And is Vegeta seriously still referencing his status in a dead race? ("Elite self") What happened to the character progression he underwent?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
[video=youtube;TsWpUh0ndjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsWpUh0ndjw[/video]
New Character Named Zuno + All New Saiyans?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
So that's where dbs got its name from? super sized dragonballs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom