New Dragonballz series: Dragon Ball Super thoughts.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yea it's a good summary of what the show is all about; character is happy go lucky with friends, bad guy appears, fights bad guy > awesome action sequence. People are so used to DBZ just doing this, they accept it; but just because you can tell/show a story a certain way, doesn't mean you should. The Trunks Saga was awesome because there was always that mystery element about who Trunks was ect. The saga still had entertaining fight sequences, but after those were done, there was a clear indication of plot progression through dialogue - a lot of the time when Trunks conversed with the Z Fighters, it would usually reveal little snippets to the audience of who Trunks was, and people were just naturally drawn to him. I don't think there is anyone who dislikes Future Trunks as a character. Point is, the Trunks Saga is just that "essence" of DBZ told in a better, more interesting way. I just hope they don't drop this way of making DBZ in the new series - there are only so many times I can swallow the plot scenario of; bad guy shows up > wants to destroy world > characters stop bad guy." I dno, I'm probably thinking too far into it - end of the day, DB didn't really have much of a story either besides the simplest of story telling tools that is used to further this idea of adventure and fun.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm cautiously optimistic for Dragon Ball Super. On the one hand, yeah, it has the potential to surpass the original stuff. On the other hand, GT had the potential to surpass the original stuff too, and the execution was just so far off the intended mark.

I'm just hoping for some Goku and Vegeta adventuring in one of the other universes, that's all I want. The filler where they explore the inside of Majin Buu was kind of fun to watch because they don't really interact like that, and I like their partner dynamic.

Discord Member
Best answers
The filler where they explore the inside of Majin Buu was kind of fun to watch because they don't really interact like that, and I like their partner dynamic.
I couldn't agree more ~ it's one of the reasons why I enjoyed the Buu Saga so much; we got to see not only character growth, but also how Goku and Vegeta interact together in different situations.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First episode came out today, wasn't too bad.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For those who watch anime and are fans of original Dragonballz series, what are your thougths on it?

Because, as much as i'm excited that my childhood series are coming back, something feels off. Maybe it's the new animation, maybe it doesnt have that 80's - 90's feel anymore. Maybe they are trying to appeal to even younger audience this time, cause all the seriousness seems to be gone. It honnestly feels like watching Fairy tail in dragonball world with dragonball characters. It's hard to explain, really.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it was ok, anyone noticed gotens new outfit? looks a lot like gokus from the new movie
dfgd.jpg

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For those who watch anime and are fans of original Dragonballz series, what are your thougths on it?

Because, as much as i'm excited that my childhood series are coming back, something feels off. Maybe it's the new animation, maybe it doesnt have that 80's - 90's feel anymore. Maybe they are trying to appeal to even younger audience this time, cause all the seriousness seems to be gone. It honnestly feels like watching Fairy tail in dragonball world with dragonball characters. It's hard to explain, really.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think.
What seriousnes? Need i remind you that dragonball is a story about a monkey kid searching for magical balls.

Also this -> https://youtu.be/RQ44ZoP2vYA?t=1m

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 1st ep wasn't terrible, but nothing great neither.

Seems that Toriyama will continue to screw Vegeta up for the lulz, going by the title of the upcoming 2nd ep. In DB Vegeta was made a badass. In DBS (and BOG, not sure about ROF) he's a laughingstock for watchers.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
I'd say this could be it - the day when DB universe will regain it's glory and become popular once again. And I really enjoyed it. I prefer more the old drawing style, but the idea of how it is put together, makes me happy. :heart:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What seriousnes? Need i remind you that dragonball is a story about a monkey kid searching for magical balls.

Also this -> https://youtu.be/RQ44ZoP2vYA?t=1m
Yes i know there was some wacky stuff in DB and DBZ. That's not what i meant. Look at the fights, the cruel scenes with freeza and cell 1 form, older dbz movies where for example Brolly crushes his father with entire saiyan spaceship. And now look at the new DBZ. The villains doesn't seem like villains anymore. Sure there is mentioned what great power they have. For example DBZ:Battle of gods.. A soposed villain is a cat that can destroy planets, yet all "evil" he does in the movie is slaps bulma. This seem now a total kid show.

BTW first episode is a filler...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure he means Dragon Ball Z, not Dragon Ball...
They are the same thing. A single continuing story.

Also the final enemy of DBZ is a pink chewing gum demon >.>

Not really evil, but has the sophistication of a child who cant tell wrong from right and all the power of a SSJ3

But if you want to go that way. Berus himself is not evil. Destroying planets is in his job description. He just does what his position expects of him.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nah Goten always had that outfit.

The only difference is instead of a shirt with long blue sleaves he has those wristbands.
well yeah, thats it what it makes different :rolleyes:

Best answers
It's true. .. It's not that Dragon ball that it used to be...
I believe that most of the fans would prefer to see the new Dragon ball with more darker character. .like it was in those two TV specials for Bardock and Trunks.
Now that's the true DBZ in its prime that I would've enjoy in series today
Full with tons of cool and badass scenes...deeper story and so on..

I personally didn't like Battle of gods and Revival of F and I don't have any hopes that Dragon ball Super will be somehow better than DB and DBZ
And especially don't like those new transformations Super Saiyan God or whatever...
Just giving them blue hair and that's it???
Really. ... Is that the most original thing that Akira Toriyama can think for almost two decades???
It's stupid....
This looks like just another way to take people's money...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's true. .. It's not that Dragon ball that it used to be...
I believe that most of the fans would prefer to see the new Dragon ball with more darker character. .like it was in those two TV specials for Bardock and Trunks.
Now that's the true DBZ in its prime that I would've enjoy in series today
Full with tons of cool and badass scenes...deeper story and so on..

I personally didn't like Battle of gods and Revival of F and I don't have any hopes that Dragon ball Super will be somehow better than DB and DBZ
And especially don't like those new transformations Super Saiyan God or whatever...
Just giving them blue hair and that's it???
Really. ... Is that the most original thing that Akira Toriyama can think for almost two decades???
It's stupid....
This looks like just another way to take people's money...

Honestly you guys are giving the original to much credit >.>

Best answers
Just saw the second episode.
Not bad actually...
I kind of like that for flashbacks they are using scenes from DBZ and not animatimg new ones.. : )
Also intro and ending are nice too...

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I just watched the first episode and I like it a lot. It captures that old dragonball feel.
All the characters felt spot on, especially that Roshi at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom