New console from China!, The Vii!!!.... wtf?..

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's true, China is making a new console called Vii (Wii anyone?..) which looks exactly like Nintendo's Wii (the same console and controller look, but what about the games?..)
Anyways, I think we're back to the days when there used to be fake copies of Nintendo's old console the NES (here we had fakes named Megason, lol)

Here's some pictures:

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=26119

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
haha i can't wait for nintendo to be all "we're suing you" and for them to be all "stfu we're communist".

that's like, the ONLY time when communism wins xD

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Right... This wont last long, I'm sure.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh China, you and your crazy get-rich-quick schemes.

I don't see this taking off anywhere else but China obviously. Even then, why would anyone want to buy that? I haven't ruled out the possibility of a hoax, but that'll fall harder than the N-Gage.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
FAIL.

This is so sad, lol.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ha. I was wondering if we were ever going to see pirated consoles like we used to back in the day. But this seems even bigger than just pirated consoles, especially with magazine advertisements as opposed to flea or open street markets.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I had a real NES and SNES and I'm proud of them ... If only I still had them T_T

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they didnt sell any Nes's here when i was a kid :p Luckily my dad had a friend who worked overseas, so i had a real SNES too. Oh and i also had an Atari 2600 :p

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So....what's the point of this product? Is it just cheaper or something, or has a stronger CPU or what? Srsly, this seems like a stupid move, but even stupid moves have motives behind them.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
At one point in China's recent history, they blacklisted people just for doing things that seemed "Capitalist", namely doing anything or buying anything that the mainstream does not have. It's not half as bad today, but the sentiment that anything not Chinese is deviant and Capitalist might exist in some form. Their government might think it was better that their people turn to a Chinese product instead of a Japanese one, hence this poorly masked ripoff. As Yahtzee says, the Chinese are xenophobic...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

All we need now is a PolyStation 3, and the illusion will be complete :devgrin:

Heh; I wonder how long these things even stay on the shelves (provided they make it that far).

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
lolol
Remembers me of all those super cheap "comes with 1000000000000*n+1 built in games" nes/snes ripoffs back in the 90s ...
Couldn't find a decent picture but hey, PolyStation anyone? haha

Some more fun stuff here http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/pirate/pirate-clones-A-M.html
It's funny. On that pic it says "Incredible Arcade Quality" which is supposed to be a selling point. Yet today, if you hear someone talking about a game, arcadey is almost viewed as a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom