New beam chargeup method

Best answers
I was thinking the other day, that later in the DBZ series, you see that the characters can release beams that are much bigger than earlier in the series. This is evidently due to the fact that they can put more energy into their attacks / pump them afterwards. Well, I have thought up a simpler way of calculating beam chargeup than what is in the game now. No charge bar needed (unless the team wants players to visualize how powerful their attack is).

Anyway, this idea is focused around the fact that the charge limits of powerful attacks would have to be removed. Don't dis the idea yet, there's still the KI boundary that exists (running out when charging)!

Anyway, we know that when a player transforms, their KI maximum goes up, right? So, if we were to remove the beam charge limit (normally represented by a full bar when charging), then players would be able to pump energy into their beams equal to their KI at the time. Transformations control KI maximums, and therefore, maximum power that can be pumped into a beam. And not only that, but in the case of a power struggle, if the player has pumped too much energy into their beam at start, they would not be able to pump any more into their beam after they've released it.

I would suggest making it so that, even though there is no charge bar when charging, the speed at which a player can charge their beam increases with transformations as well, so they aren't standing around forever waiting for a third of their KI to be pumped into an attack. Also, I'd ask that the effectiveness of pumping KI into a beam after it's tossed be increased slightly to help halter the efforts of players who just pump all their energy into an attack without remembering that they have to back it up if they get into a struggle.

And, there ya go. Beams get bigger and more powerful more quickly with transes, and you can keep pumping energy into a beam before firing and after firing the beam, without any restriction of how much you can pump, with the exception of your own KI limit, AND by increasing the effectiveness of after-release energy pumping, the beam charging system tailors slightly less to beam spammers, and more to those who use their attacks on the go.

*Bows*

C&C.

Mods and fixes:
- Ki does not recharge when charging an attack.

Best answers
yeap, /me likes
may a team member visit this thread, I'll pray for you in the temple
and sacrefice some rats in the altar, for the luck of a team member to visit this thread

anyways I dont see anything wrong about your suggestion except this:
pie dude said:
...(unless the team wants players to visualize how powerful their attack is)...
yeah, ermmm... YEAH!
like, why would anyone NOT WANT TO KNOW how powerfull his attack is?
numbers that show the invested ki atm of charging the energy attack should be shown
maybe instead of that bar, maybe in somewhere else
that doesnt metter cause it can be manually edited in those txt files of the sprs thingy...

still, we need to know how powerfull those attacks are

why would a team member say its bad and reject this idea?
cause a weak player can stand somewhere safe, charge to max ki his attack,
wait for his ki bar to auto slowly charge up then when its full again pumping it all slowly, safely to his attack
after a few times it should have the power of a adv. ssj player
which isnt logic, cause he is a weak player
fix: auto ki powerup thingy shouldnt be ON when charging up an attack!

suggestions:
  • when ur ki is near 10% u cant continue charging up an attack
    charging
  • when you just start charging up an attack, there will be a starting ki amount
    (depending on which attack it is) that will be taked out when you start charging it
  • (most likly wont be accepted but a great one for the ingame and for the moreliketheshow)
    when the energy pumped into attack reaches a certain stage (3 all in all) its spr will change its color, not like blue=>red, but light blue=>purplishdarkblue or smthlike that
    will enable to "sence" the power spent on the attack

what else... hmmmz yeah I think thats it

gr8 suggestion you made there dude, also gr8 way to decrease the spammers
    I really hope some1 from the team reads it
    cause I think once they will, they surely will consider it! ;)

Best answers
- I disagree with not being able to charge up past 10%, because I think that players should be able to power their attack up until they drop (or be forced to release, either or).

- When you start charging an attack, there would be a starting power to the technique, because I never mentioned removing the initial chargup required to use an attack (that first vertical line seen in the power bar in today's method).

New notes:
I should mention that when I said this method doesn't need the charge bar, I just meant that it isn't completely necessary for this method to work. Sure, I'd like to know how much power I'm pumping into my attack too!

Using this system, characters like Frieza would be able to get a lot more out of the generic beam, which couldn't compare to a signature attack, but it would still help out by giving him a potentially powerful beam.

Best answers
are u saying that u should be able to decide how much ki u pump into ur beam? if it is, i like it, but what about spirit bomb? and wouldnt it be fair if someone had **** load of ki and pumped all ki into it?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
ktimekiller said:
are u saying that u should be able to decide how much ki u pump into ur beam? if it is, i like it, but what about spirit bomb? and wouldnt it be fair if someone had **** load of ki and pumped all ki into it?
You don't pump KI into a Spirit Bomb in ESF.
DarkOMEN said:
I was thinking the other day, that later in the DBZ series, you see that the characters can release beams that are much bigger than earlier in the series. This is evidently due to the fact that they can put more energy into their attacks / pump them afterwards. Well, I have thought up a simpler way of calculating beam chargeup than what is in the game now. No charge bar needed (unless the team wants players to visualize how powerful their attack is).

Anyway, this idea is focused around the fact that the charge limits of powerful attacks would have to be removed. Don't dis the idea yet, there's still the KI boundary that exists (running out when charging)!

Anyway, we know that when a player transforms, their KI maximum goes up, right? So, if we were to remove the beam charge limit (normally represented by a full bar when charging), then players would be able to pump energy into their beams equal to their KI at the time. Transformations control KI maximums, and therefore, maximum power that can be pumped into a beam. And not only that, but in the case of a power struggle, if the player has pumped too much energy into their beam at start, they would not be able to pump any more into their beam after they've released it.

I would suggest making it so that, even though there is no charge bar when charging, the speed at which a player can charge their beam increases with transformations as well, so they aren't standing around forever waiting for a third of their KI to be pumped into an attack. Also, I'd ask that the effectiveness of pumping KI into a beam after it's tossed be increased slightly to help halter the efforts of players who just pump all their energy into an attack without remembering that they have to back it up if they get into a struggle.

And, there ya go. Beams get bigger and more powerful more quickly with transes, and you can keep pumping energy into a beam before firing and after firing the beam, without any restriction of how much you can pump, with the exception of your own KI limit, AND by increasing the effectiveness of after-release energy pumping, the beam charging system tailors slightly less to beam spammers, and more to those who use their attacks on the go.

*Bows*

C&C.

Mods and fixes:
- Ki does not recharge when charging an attack.
This would just add to the beam spammage. Someone could transform (When able too), and fire maxed out beam attacks into the map, and just nuke the entire server. This isn't a good idea. I think beam's should remain like they are, or until a more stable idea comes around.

Best answers
It's a great suggestion, besides the fact that it would severly disrupt what balance this game has left. It would be realistic to the show, but unfortunately I don't think it would work as ESF is a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the idea for a few reasons. This would allow even untransformed players to beamspam a lot more than they can. Imagine the size of a beam that a transformed player could unleash, there are limits on the beam for a reason. Though it would be cool to use every last bit of ki to firea giant wave of energy, it would make beamspamming even more chaotic than it is now.

Best answers
for one, the higher your kai, the more you put into the attack. just because the bar doesn't get bigger doesn't mean it is not more powerful, cos it is alot more powerful.
the bar stays the same, but the limit changes, it is the samer with your kai bar, if u attack somone, it looks like your kai is going down, when infact, your kai limit is just geting greater so it looks like you have less kai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom