New Basic Melee Ideas yet Suggestions indeed made to help ESF gameplay develop

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've noticed that in DBZ, the main method of combat isn't smacking them with single hits around the world... Many attacks are small physical attacks that do little... so why not in ESF?

1) Left-click -
*This is your standard strong attack, it delivers a nice punch/kick/headbutt (depending on character, custom anims would look good here),

*Doing roughly the damage B-Melee does now but the knock back distance is small, you don't go flying back but are knocked back slightly and are stunned for a very small amount of time.

*To stop people using this until someone keels over, on the 3rd hit a basic melee hit is delivered with 1/2 damage. For Trunks and Piccolo, this can be on the 4th hit as Trunks is meant to be melee and Piccolo is in need.

*If two of these hits collide, the cancel each other out. However damage is still done to both sides.

2) Right-click -
*This is the smaller weaker attack. It has a smaller knockback and lower damage along with a smaller cost but can be performed 4 times until the super knock back (6 by Piccolo and Trunks)

*If this meets another weak attack, they cancel out and no damage is taken. If it meets a strong one, the weaker user counter-attacks them knocking them back.

3) Stuff that affects both
* A direction can be added to direct the attack in a certain direction.
*There is a small delay between the use of small hits, larger ones have a longer delay.
*These would take up enough ki to allow 5 big hits in a row without charging and 10 smalls or so.
* A problem is that ESF flying is slow so dashing would need to be done between hits. Maybe when used the attack cuts out of the dash?

4) If you were too lazy or clever to bother reading it;

*Knockback reduced
*Two different hits.

Best answers
Lukyass is kissing up

Lukyas is kissing up he hopes to become a mod or even administrator so everyone beware!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vejta, PLEASE, our personal problems leave for personal meetings. Do not write about them in other ppls threads.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vejita shut up don't spam here and about the ideea ON TOPIC left click will have a quick trow so it will not work with the new melee system the more movement you put in a hit the more power the hit will have

Best answers
Kinda makes sense.
I've always wondered though. In DBZ the fighters could melee each other at once. There was no foolish stun time... it was punch kick punch. If someone could find a way to implement that and still not get "a rightclick and punch like there's no tomorrow" kind of melee system, it'd be nice. lol. That reminds me of BFP. Foolish melee system.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks John and Vinay, I wasn't sure other people would understand it too well :) I liked the momentum idea when speed gives more power too

I'll read through the Design Docs again and see what the team intend... I hope I can get my head around it :p

P.S Kids these days... What Chinese year is 2007? Some of these members really are a bit "lively"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom