New Background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
well i got bored of my old background so i decided to make a new one ^^
i didnt have any intention of making it look great and all, i just wanted to have a nice looking background and imo i succeeded in doing that

C&C welcome ;)

oh and .. i would like to add a picture or something to it and make it a nice anime background but i dont have a clue wich i should use and how.
and some text too so... PLEASE gimme some ideas and i can make something ^^

Retired
Best answers
don't like it, the dark spots are not my kinda thing. I suggest making it a bit darker aswell and maybe place a picture of Alucard (Hellsing) on it. would probably fit. however I would make it more blend in, all the things on it are standing out, like it doesn't belong to the background.

overall, atm it gives me a headache ;)

Best answers
that's the kind of replys i have been waiting for
thanks Judge
ill take a look at it right now

*edit*
ah i was using brushes i had downloaded and now thanks to sakuma i see this "originally by" or something.
well... crap .. lol
anyway.. now you know why it says that heh.
*edit edit*
i've removed that text ... so.. if anyone knows who makes his brushes with "brushes by *name*" then please say so

creds to him for the brushes

and... i've updated the wallpaper

Best answers
cant really see the character~ so it hink you shoudl change it a bit

Best answers
well on my desktop ( 1280 * 1024 ) it looks great and i have no problem seeing the char.. it looks really clear
like i said before tales .. americans have problems with seeing my pictures ;)
they always complain its too dark hehe

anything besides the character? did i pick a right picture ? did i place it right ? etc. etc.

@ tales .. have had no time to finish the drawning yet cuz i havent had time heh.. ill do it asap ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually like this, except for the flower looking things that are in there o_O

Best answers
@ ness
why would i stick to 1 colour ?
as you can see alucard has the same colours as the background has so i dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with the color scheme

and btw it's all just red and grey

Best answers
You really should turn up the brightness/contrast on that background. I am not sure if you were going for a dark grunge look... but for now I am going to say you were. Well, if you were.. you can't get your grunge look from turning down the brightness... that wouldn't work well with your current background.

Back to the brightness.. I think it would really help if you had the brightness up.. and don't give me that bs about Americans complaining about it.. because I am not even American and I hate your brightness/contrast.

Other than that, your char is well blended, I can see why you only want his head visible and to form with the background... the guy is a killer after all.

Best answers
Why would this wallpaper need to be brightened? It is going on a dark theme from what i can see, it is fine that way.

And Gazeebo i personally love this kind of style you are going for..

As for suggestions..

The backround overall, is very boring to look at longer then afew seconds.. I think by putting some sort of a really dark barbed wire fence on the bottom you would come out with a perfect backround. The fence would add a very rebelious look to it, complimenting the picture you chose to put in there :)

Good work, 6/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remove the filter whoreness and fix the blending of the stock and I'll like it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its too goth for my likeing. Everything seems too random. Just random splotches of color.

Best answers
well... when i boot my computer in a light room then it's too dark for me as well.. but after a while when my monitor is getting warmer the wallpaper looks really great and the red colours of alucard actually look nearly blood red.

and.. im not going to fix the blending of the picture since it's just perfect. no doubt about that
and i didnt turn down the brightness at all.
well i did it a little because otherwise it was really light grey and that was just awfull but i didnt put it down too much.

anyway.. im using this now as my background and i've got some good comments and bad comments and constructive comments so overal im happy =)
now.. im going to school or ill miss my bus lol ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GaZeeBo said:
and.. im not going to fix the blending of the picture since it's just perfect. no doubt about that
Um, if you say so, I guess what matters is that you like it :\

Best answers
well.. as a matter of fact in my new class there is a guy who is totally crazy about hellsing and also makes alot of graphix.

so.. today at school i'd put my background on my pc (yes we all have our pc at school =P ill tell more about that later in offtopic hehe about my little adventure today . rrr 15gb music lol )

and he immediatly walked up to me and said "damn that's looking great though it should have more red in it"
i asked him if it was too dark but he said it looked really good to him.
and he SAID THIS on his own. i didnt even talk about it
"wow you've blended that picture in just GREAT!"

and trust me.. he knows about gfx so yea... but like i always say. this is just a game of opinions.

and i do apreciate yours dask but most of the people say it looks great so i dont think i should change it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then, my friend, ur friend has no taste...it is overall to dark for a background...and to light...when making a background for lets say a wall paper u need to stay at a light or dark theme, what u did is X_X both, the black ....blobs make it look dark, while the grey background makes it look too light again....second is the pic, u may think u blended it nice, but i dont find it blended nice...a pic must(well...should) jump out of a bg, in this case >.< i didnt even know there was a pic in it when i checked it very quick...

overall = 3/10, just looks really bad mate...

Best answers
hey YOUR OPINION is that a picture should jump out.
that's not the case with alucard ... not at all

and please dont say my friend has no taste because that's going a bit too personal.
and btw.. there are plenty of wallpapers wich are dark AND light and at the same time look really great.

anyway... drop this topic now since im not going to change it anyway.
plus im already working on something new.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GaZeeBo said:
hey YOUR OPINION is that a picture should jump out.
that's not the case with alucard ... not at all
Lmao Don't tell him that his opinion is wrong, backed up with your opinion stated as a fact..

GaZeeBo said:
and btw.. there are plenty of wallpapers wich are dark AND light and at the same time look really great.
Which doesn't seem to be the case here

GaZeeBo said:
anyway... drop this topic now since im not going to change it anyway.
GaZeeBo said:
C&C welcome ;)
Then don't ask for C&C

So yeah, gl with your new project with your disregarding anyone's C&C

Best answers
i aint disregarding or disrespecting anyone's c&c
i wasnt saying his opinion is wrong.

i stated before that MOST of the people liked what i did and how i made it but they had other complaints and CONSTRUCTIVE tips.
you think i dont read all your c&c ?

you bet i am because im using all the knowledge im getting here on my next project.

next time, dask, before you want to start a discussion with me bring some cold hard facts that you KNOW you can "beat" me with and then bring it to PM or any messenger.

and btw... i've already changed the wallpaper. i made it darker , i added alucard , made it look more red. why ? because people said that would look better.

now you may wonder "why dont i see that then?"
thats because i have overwritten the uploaded file with the newer version.

now to any mod, you can close this topic because if dask wants to get into a discussion with me then he is forced to continue it trough PM or a messenger.
and no i DONT like to get into discussions with people. i just dont like it when people are trying to talk FOR me. and most of the time they are totally wrong...

oh and a last thing.. i've actually already said it.. i DO use your c&c.
if i didnt then i wouldnt have gotten any better with photoshop so please dont say that im disregaring people their C&C because that's just bull****

Best answers
To Dask, Stop picking Fights.

and GaZeeBo, im closing this because of request and its starting to turn into a flame war.

-Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom