Best answers
I have been thinking that the regular aura just doesn't look like it does in the show. I made a demo of what I think the aura should look like, let me know if you think it should be finished out or if you think the old way (random spikes with a simple rotation around the character) looks better. If enough people think I should finish it I will.

http://abefroman.sphosting.com/index.html

Click on the link to go to a download page, then click on the blue text that says ESF Aura Demo. It links to a .zip file with 2 files in it. One is a looping .avi, the other is a .max file you can use to see the details if you have 3DS MAX. Keep in mind it is VERY rough, but imagine it with a lot more spikes and a bit of randomness thrown in.

Best answers
Soemthing like this would really look much better than the standard rotating aura. Please do it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah go for it, though the aura would need to be a bit better though i'm sure your aware of that

Best answers
Originally posted by uslessresponse
yeah go for it, though the aura would need to be a bit better though i'm sure your aware of that
Read my post again, you bet your ass it is going to get a facelift.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea plz finish it!!! this new aura is awesome more like the show

Best answers
i want to see this get done to, its a heck of alot better then the original

Best answers
You have made a great achievement. I commend you.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely agree. Work it over and it'll be a hell of a lot nicer than the normal aura. The team might even ask you to let them use it if you do it well enough and offer it to them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, its been determined that halflife dont support that kind of animation

Best answers
I was just informed by pcjoe that the type of animation I used isn't supported(but could be if harsens decides to code it in), but I think I can squeeze by with bone animation(my demo is using vertex animation). Milkshape here I come....

:scared:

Best answers
It rocks dude, but you should add some spikes to it, like the one we have but smaller spikes and using that animation.

Best answers
looking great, i like how it waves up..mmmmm..waves up..
o_O
anywais, add some spikes and man o man.
ya gonna have yoself a whole new good lookin' aura
^____________^'
hope it turns out great.
just needs those spikes ^_^
peace

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Impressed*... has a lot of potential to develop into something very close to the show. My only concern is the HL Engine's support as far as implimenting that into the engine is concerned. Keep working on it, gj abe!

Best answers
make it look like a good aura model, and the animation is great!! maybe its an addon for the next beta update:p

Best answers
Looks great, really like the waving effect... Can you make a lil ingame movie once you are furter with the progress??

V'

Best answers
I clicked the link and clicked the zip file and all I got was an empty winzip. Where are the files?

Best answers
ive worked fine with me, it had a milkshape or 3dmax file and an avi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom