New attack

Best answers
I'm new to the forum so I dont know if this was suggested before or not, but I have given this some thought (a whole 10 minutes) and wanted to share it.
In ESF when you hit someone straight into a wall they lay flat for a few seconds giving the player the option to bounce back, if they have enough power, or if they hit the ground flat they must hold spacebar to be able to quickly get on their feet. Most of us know this. Now, my thought is why not give the attacking player a move to keep that player against the wall for a few extra seconds without letting them bounce back. Remember Goku and Vegeta's second fight.

Vegeta held goku to the wall with those rings, obviously in a fast paced game we wouldn't want the rings to last too long, but if they lasted long enough to give the attacking player time to fire a blue attack, it could serve as a punishment for the player being attacked for not either
a) bouncing off the wall in time,
b)not holding spacebar to bounce off the ground.

This is a pretty general technique it seems, and most characters could use it, and with some tweaking it could avoid abuse. Newbies already have a steep learning curve anyway.

That's my suggestion... be gentle.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, sticking someone to a wall to then beat them up would be a cool thing IMO, although that attack is completely non-canon.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am sure now Grega's gonna come and say "We have something similar planned, you all will like it. ^^"

That teasing teaser of a tease.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No actually we dont have such a thing planned. Though there is a different system in place that would make that move become an instakill attack ^^;

So im not sure regarding its balance. So ill say "Its up to the coders on this one, if they want to make it and if they have enough time to make it"

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha.. yeah.. insta kills.

We definitely need to balance some things XD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmm....
You might not think it, but the coders are quite swamped with work even at this stage of the project. Countless bugs need fixing, optimizations need being done, implementations for the FX system, melee and bonus system finalizations, map related stuff and lots of other tasks.

We certainly dont plan to drag the production longer than necessary. So we eliminate low priority stuff like characters attacks or features that arnt really needed for the game.

Attacks are in that group.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You might not think it, but the coders are quite swamped with work even at this stage of the project. Countless bugs need fixing, optimizations need being done, implementations for the FX system, melee and bonus system finalizations, map related stuff and lots of other tasks.

We certainly dont plan to drag the production longer than necessary. So we eliminate low priority stuff like characters attacks or features that arnt really needed for the game.

Attacks are in that group.

Oh believe me, I understand somewhat of the coding job. But the way it sounded last night, it sounded as if you had a release date that wasn't being told. Maybe it was just my drunken stupor I was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom