New Akira Toriyama Interview

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is this the real akira talking? or is this a joke?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real Akira Toriyama, the pictures I posted were scans from the recent Shonen Jump magazine. I'll edit my first post to include the cover page.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was very cool, nice to see that the manga's finally finished being published in the west, and that Toriyama's still got some passion for his work.

But Vegito > Vegerot =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Namekians could be hermaphrodites?

Dunno if I can look at Piccolo the same any more =X

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:

When I read that part, I seriously hoped it was a translation error, even though I started laughing when I saw that.

Ravendust said:
That was very cool, nice to see that the manga's finally finished being published in the west, and that Toriyama's still got some passion for his work.

But Vegito > Vegerot =P
Don't forget:

Supreme Kai > Lord of Lords
Buu > Boo the Djinn
Ninja Murasaki > Sergeant Major Purple

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Supreme Kai = Lord of lords

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, I apologize for that error, I'll edited my previous reply.

It's nice to know Akira Toriyama is still around, especially since this interview deflates all of those rumors saying he died. I wonder if he's going to do another manga, I thought the Neko Majin short manga was interesting.

Best answers
MC said:
You're right, I apologize for that error, I'll edited my previous reply.

It's nice to know Akira Toriyama is still around, especially since this interview deflates all of those rumors saying he died. I wonder if he's going to do another manga, I thought the Neko Majin short manga was interesting.
i thought he was retire...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was hoping for akira to say "yeah i am making a new dragonball series coming out this fall" lol

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
i was hoping for akira to say "yeah i am making a new dragonball series coming out this fall" lol
After seeing GT. Id hope not ^^

Anyhow interesting article.

@Ravendust Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegerot ^^

Best answers
Grega said:
After seeing GT. Id hope not ^^

Anyhow interesting article.

@Ravendust Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegerot ^^

i'd hope akira remake the dbz again.....there some bug in dbz....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:

Wikipedia said:
The term "hermaphrodite" has historically been used to describe people with ambiguous genitalia or biological sex.
He's basically saying that Namekian's are ambigiously gendered, due to the way they reproduce asexually and (more than likely) lack sexual organs. They reproduce by vomiting up eggs, so they don't really need them. They don't have 'male and female' (all Nameks resemble males) as Dende points out on Namek, so I suppose hermaphrodite is an accurate term.

Best answers
I would like to see DBZ new sagas as a replacement for GT. What would like to see what will happen after Son-Goku goes to training with Uub:D Series originally created by A.T.;D

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uncover bunker said:
i'd hope akira remake the dbz again.....there some bug in dbz....
He won't, guaranteed.

Dragon Ball > 42 Volumes > 562 Chapters > 7,300 Pages

(I don't know if these numbers are accurate)

There is no way he would want to redo all of that, not to mention he's focusing on other things, also that he was glad to be done with Dragon Ball when he finished it.

Ravendust said:
He's basically saying that Namekian's are ambigiously gendered, due to the way they reproduce asexually and (more than likely) lack sexual organs. They reproduce by vomiting up eggs, so they don't really need them. They don't have 'male and female' (all Nameks resemble males) as Dende points out on Namek, so I suppose hermaphrodite is an accurate term.
Something about calling an alien a hermaphadite that just doesn't feel right, maybe it's just what I come to know what a hermaphrodite is. With Dragon Ball Z I'm too used to people saying that Nameks are Asexual and reproduce Asexually.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe they could make a new dbz series where goten is the new main character......what the hell am i saying, i just want a new dbz to come out

Kioka

K
Ravendust said:
I think he might be referring to Saichourou whe he mentioned hermaphrodites. However... it's more likely that there is a translation error. Before jumping to conclusion, let analysis the defination:

A hermaphrodite, in biological terms, means that:

- The organism changes gender at one point in their life
- Contains both functioning organs but cannot self-fertilize
- Contains both functioning organs and can self-fertilize (how you thinks Namek eggs are made?)
- Cosmetic intersex (a true hermaphrodite)

I am sure when everyone read that comment by Akira, they immediately thought of the last defination: "cosmetic intersex". However, it is most likely he meant the third defination: "contains both functioning organs and can self-fertilize".

Best answers
Actually, although I was a little kid while watching DBZ, I always got quezzy whenever DBZ showed the footage of Piccolo Senior just pukeing Piccolo Jonior out of his mouth, and since we have seen no female Namiks(only guys with a feminine voice) I guess this makes themn hermaphadites.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap, I finally understand. I've always wondered why it was always "Vegitto" or "Vejito" or whatever, and not Vegoku or something. But Vegerot has shown me the light. That's Kakarot+Vegeta in the US... so logically, Vegitto came from the Japanese "Kakarotto"+Vegeta (or Bejita or w/e)

Dunno how I was in the dark so long -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's Kakarot+Vegeta in the US... so logically, Vegitto came from the Japanese "Kakarotto"+Vegeta (or Bejita or w/e)
Obviously...

But Vegerot has shown me the light.
FUNimation named the fusion 'Vegito', even though Goku's Saiyan name wasn't spelled or pronounced with an 'o' at the end. Illogic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom