New Advanced Melee

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are quite a few people who say advanced melee slows down the game, which I agree...

My idea is this, to give advanced melee a better reputation. You swoop into someone like you usually do. Do a lil prepunch, and once you press "mouse1" again, you go into the new advanced melee. The background changes into a scrolling sprite of somekind (like when you clashed two charged up attacks in teh budokai games) so you won't be blinded by incomming beams. Now, the person who prepunched (we will call him Goku) and the person who got prepunched (We will call him Vegeta) are in a 'advanced melee battle', where the camera goes sideways to see both players at their side.

Now since Vegeta is on the defensive side, goku will be inputing attacks. mouse1 punch, mouse2 kick. Goku has a certain amount of time to input attacks. He uses w (Up),a(forwarD),s(down), to decide what direction to hit the opponent in. Weak attacks only take a small click, medium takes a lil hold, and strong stakes a long hold. A bar at the bottom ofthe screen indicates how strong the attack is. Visually, the character is seen 'charging' medium/strong attacks. An additional attack would be a 'teleport hit', when you press the teleport button (costing ki) to go behind your opponent, catch him off gaurd and do a strong hit backwards. Once the 'timer' is up for Goku, it is vegeta's turn.

But what about the defensive side?? Do they just sit there pressing arrows? no, they have free movement. while Goku is throwing punchs, Vegeta is free to press a (lefT), w(up), and s (down) to dodge attacks. He can even move when an attack hasn't even been thrown yet. So lets say Vegeta see's goku winding up an attack, he notices it is gonna be an upwards attack, so he moves (he really is dodging, not moving) down. Why didn't he just sit there? It WAS an upwards attack, not a forward. This is because it would of still hit him slightly, with lower damage.

So this takes skill, it is watching you opponent closely to see what movements the model is making so you can counter it. You can't just keep pressing directional buttons, however, because there will be a stamina bar, draining the more you move, but does slowly build back up. If you are hit with a hard attack at the end of Goku's combo chain, then you are knocked back (teleport hits knock you back all the time, unless countered). But how do you counter a tele-hit? Once Vegeta catches goku teleporting, he presses it as well and teleport behind him, knocking Goku back instead (draining ki of course). Also, to add to the risk,if Goku's final attack is a strong one and it is dodged, Vegeta will counter it with a free medium attack, and now he is on the offesive side.

The 'advanced melee battle' continues until the timer is too low to make any moves or if a player is knocked back. If a player runs out of ki via teleport, the battle cancles out.

Now, to add a lil dbz-ism to it...If a player is signifigantly lower in pl to you (like, their full power generic beam will be vaporized by your full powered generic beam), they will not see you fight, all they will see are sprites of 'hits' being landed, randomly accross the map (like in the show).

I don't think my idea is flawless, but I wopuld like it better than the current advacned melee.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since you said the timing is to low at advance melee thean why not make the timing last ti-l someone let's go of the mouse 1 teleporting in advance melee is good this is more dbz is and I don't know but it hapend to me whean I whas playng EVM and I swoop in a persone and someone evole near us I gon in addvace melee and woow the guy who assceded move us an I whas hiting in moving the way I whas swooping and low lag now this will be good and I the speed whas not to big I culd still douge attacks
And For the cecret combos in addvance melee Why not in all kid of melee like
Simple - combo somting like kicking or a combo kick's
intermedier - a commbo spin a apounet and trow him verry far
advance -more combos

Best answers
well I think you've some great ideas there, like the white background to stop beams getting in the way (coming from evm I can see that beams are only gonna get bigger in 1.3) but I think that it might be worth a think about for 1.3 (all of it) as you are right with adv melee being slow, boring and doing almost no damage (16 is the max and as simple melee is about 20 for 2 hits it's unfair to say the least)

and it would be harder for elites and noobs to use making it balanced for each side to play and giving a chance for both side to beat each other with it :p

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lool no offace but simple melee is like 50 dmb to me and advance like 30 or 40 dmg

Best answers
per hit... the max damage you can get from adv melee in one hit is 16 and there isn't actually a max for simple melee but I made a guess of the average amount you get and it's offence* and the amount of damage given depends on the power of the two people fighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom