new advance melee suggestions - read

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think melee has very good points to it. the combos, the struggles.

i'm suggesting a new way of doing melee, which is very smiliar to the advance melee at the moment.

when someone swoops at someone he would do 5 prepunches. you would then be ready to do melee. The ki ball would cover them the entire melee fight.

now after the 5 prepunches, both players are ready to fight. The two fighters would be locked around each other like in zelda ocarina of time lock on Z button. the fighters would then duke it out while locked. you can freely move up, down which would be moving back, left, and right. In order to get out of the lock you have to either die or one loses all his ki and is left tired and open to get freely hit, or hit by a very hard punch or kick.

now left click would be punch and right click kick. It would be ontime. So if you press punch, you punch right away. you can control freely when you punch and how hard you want to punch. same for kick. at the bottom of the screen, there would be two horizontal bars. The top bar would be your opponent's movements, the bottom yours. next to the bars on the right would show two vertical bars. the left one would be punch, the right kick. The longerr you hold a punch button, the higher the punch vertical bar would go. same for kick. the longer you hold punch button, the harder the hit. there would be 3 levels for punches and kicks. light, medium, and hard.

at the bottom of the screen, there would be two horizontal bars. The top bar would be your opponent's movements, the bottom yours. When you perform a movement, it would show in the bars. The movements would be indicated by arrows. A punch would be indicated by a green color and a kick by blue. A light punch would be light green, a medium green, and a hard dark green. A light kick would be light blue, a medium blue, and a hard dark blue. if you press a direction without pressing punch or kick, it would just be a white arrow. if you press punch only, it would have a green letter P. If kick, a blue letter K

now you can move up, down, left, and right while circling your opponent. This would be like super punch out where u can hit different parts of the bodies. if an opponent tries to hit your right side, u can move left to try and dodge. Or you can hold the block button which would block hits made everywhere. the downside would be that your life would drain when hit. light hits take no damage, mediuim 1 hp, and hard 2 hp.

now combos would be done by pressing a series of directional buttons then pressing the punch or kick button. So lets say i can do a 5 kick combo, i'd press left left right down and the kick button. Or i'd do a punch combo, down, left, right punch. you can also mix match by doing a punch combo then a kick combo. If one of your hits connects with the combo, it would finish. However if the opponent can dodge the first attack and the others before getting hit, he can counter attack. if you are hit anytime while doing the combo, then it cancels. but you can continue to attack and start a new combo. once again your movements will be shown in the bar while in melee so you can see how to do the secret combos made up by the team.

ki would drain with every punch and kick. However, every miss you lose eve more ki than if connected.

in order to throw, you would press punch and kick together at the same time. the throw animation would be a little slow so that it won't be so easy to throw. However a great opportunity to throw is when your opponent is tired because their ki is all depleted. This is an opportunity to finish him off however you want. A combo, a throw, a hard punch or kick.

a way a melee struggle would be initiated should stay the same. Pressing the directional buttons when engaged and the winner is the one who pressed the most arrows correct.

simple melee would still be the same. Right click you can do chains.

heres a picture to show more of the two horizontal bars.

this melee will go very fast. in order to do the combo, you have to press the right set of keys. of course the other guy will try to hit you, but if you're fast enough you can initiate the combo. I believe this will allow more strategy and you can control more what happens in the melee fight. in the current system, the dodging arrows is so easy to dodge, sometimes your melee fights end too soon. this will eliminate too fast melee fights with longer, more thought out, planned fights.

Best answers
When considering fighting with melee, I that if someone dodges a strong punch or strong kick, the person attacking should be vulnerable.
If you were to punch someone very hard, you put a lot of strength as well as confidence in that punch. Therefore, if you miss the punch, you should be left VERY open for a returning attack. I just saw DBZ again on tv and Mirai Trunks was fighting Cell in form 2, and Cell's confident punches are always dodged and returned by Mirai Trunks' counter punches.
You should be able to return a punch or kick if you're fast enough to dodge, so you can anticipate and react accordingly, quickly. Does that make sense?
I think that would be a good improvement to our existing melee system.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like it sorry. in 1.1 you had to lock on to some one. there is no point in locking on someone in 1.2 since you can swoop whenever you want. and whats the point in locking on someone when you can already attack anyone at any time. (if no one is in 1.2 melee)

also you can already control what punch you do and what kick you do. they way you are saying is too much like dmz. you can control whether you punch and kick first. how hard the punch and or kick is. and if you punch or kick up down left right etc.

and they way you talk about dodging and stuff gets too complicated. yet at the same time it makes it too easy to dodge and no one would hit each other.

i like the melee the way it is. if you dont like it dont play it. sorry but as thought out as this suggestion was (and i give you loads of credit for that cuz some people just say things like "there should be a new melee system" and dont even get into detail) but its just not good.

but i do thing that esf's melee should be somewhat like the matrix game. where you can do certain punches and kicks and your opponent can block them if they are fast enough (press block and the direction they hit you with) and then be able to counter.) or maybe a sort of mortal kombat way exept better blocking and 3dish ya know?

Best answers
What if there was a way to have different melee systems?
Make different melee systems different game types or something?
That'd be neat.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try the fast melee cvar in 1.2.1 . It makes it feel much closer to real-time than the current speed setup. High pingers need not apply. (The patch will come out sometime soon...)

Best answers
you know even though the new melee is pretty cool, i think this system would be great. it would be nice to think of what to do on the moment on the spot.. now you pre-input your combo which it would pull off.. and the other guy dodges then inputs.. i'd like to be able to input right at that moment and dodge right at that moment..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
i dont like it sorry. in 1.1 you had to lock on to some one. there is no point in locking on someone in 1.2 since you can swoop whenever you want. and whats the point in locking on someone when you can already attack anyone at any time. (if no one is in 1.2 melee)
i dont think you understand what i mean you lock on.. not that dumb RED box that goes around no! i mean if you move left, you would move left AROUND your opponent.. if you jump while locked, you'd dodge low hits.. if you duck you'd dodge high hits.. meaning there would be sort of a magnetic field that would keep you guys together while fighting

EDIT: well also like u said fire you can already control how hard.. exactly i said it would be based on the current system.. im just suggesting it would be real time on the spot, not turn based you charge up a series, he blocks, he charges up a series, you block.. this will be more on the spot fighting instead of predetermining what moves you are going to do.. the curretn melee system is cool. i'd just like it more if you had more freedom when you watch to fight.. this system would also allow longer fights..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though I haven't read the hole thing I know somehow that it would be better than the current system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah.. most likely the team might not want to change to this idea.. because they did a lot of work for that charging system.. but maybe.. maybe they might like this idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom