Never thought I'd do this again..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Open Challenge, my only request is someone who will be dedicated to updating as frequently as I am, who wants some?

Best answers
I'll do it, seeing still has to finish a post for Engar before mine. This means more practice and I get to use my new bio, "The Ruger Man".

Best answers
I just need two things: a bullet and a minute.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OOOOH MAI GO_OD. Magus is fighting again? I'm reffing.

Your venue:

Magus has made his long awaited return to the fight club and glittering upon his shoulder is the smack talk championship. It has been inactive with him, and power hungry eyes in the shadows have been waiting to steal it away from those who don't use it.

Magus welcomes these challenges, so your fight will take place in the seedy clan forum district of forumscant. Aimbots are traded in dark corners while rival clans battle for dominance. Cast a weary eye to the shadows of the dark inner city and let the battle commence.

The following match is for the Smack Talk Championship! Good luck men.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Magus hoisted himself into the open window of the second floor of the run down apartment complex. The room was empty, save for the roaches who occupied it. This area he had settled in was brutal, many opposing groups had pretty much wiped the common-folk population out. However, after being inactive for long, his presence was made known again, and he knew for once in a long while, someone was coming after him. Magus shrugged the feeling off, as he shut the window down to its rotting wooden window sill. The room itself was disgusting, the walls were peeling, the floor creaking with every step as bugs skittered across. However, this complex had others in it, others hiding from the clans, or for their own reasons. This frantic behavior of hiding made people paranoid, which was a feeling Magus loved when he killed. Taking a deep breath, Magus sat down against the wall beneath the window, took out his pipe, loaded it, and took a nice breath. Nightfall had just begun, it was 9:46 P.M., yet the complex was incredibly quiet. Magus took advantage of the somewhat serene moment and began to reminisce. Rocky, a foe turned ally, his only ally. Deman, an ally leading a faction against him in a brutal fight. Avenger, the showdown at the church, Ice Man, the battle inside of the urban metropolis. He knew at one point he would?ve eventually had to run into Cucumba, but something went wrong, Magus had to go dormant for a while, his profile had become too high, and a mercenary with a high profile is useless.

KNOCK KNOCK

Magus slightly jumped a little as he heard a knocking on the door.

Why is someone knocking if this room is completely vacant?

KNOCK KNOCK

'?Open the door, I can smell the **** you're smoking dumbass!"

Magus took a look at his pipe and chuckled, he took one last hit and put it on the floor. Slowly, he stood up and approached the door, adjusting his hair.

"Alright, alright, you've got me, I'm coming. Don't kick that door in, I'm going to need it." Magus yelled.

"Then shut the **** up and open this so I don?t have to kick your face in." The muffled voice replied from beyond the door.

Magus chuckled again, and opened the door, only to face five burly men, and two toned women cramming the narrow hallway outside of the room. These individuals were all in uniform, wearing red and black pants and sleeveless shirts, on the front ?S2K? was printed in bold, dead center. Magus calmly began to speak as a smile spread across his face. All of the men were bald, the two women?s hair was short and uneven, both had ebony black hair. Some of them could even pass for attractive if they cleaned themselves up...

"Good evening kind folks, now that you know who is in here, if you excuse me, I was just in the middle of some rest and rela-"

"Look I ain't got time for your mouth, all I know is someone is in here who shouldn't be, this ain?t no residential resort for your long haired hippy arse to squat in whenever you want, now get the hell out or you?re going to have to see what your teeth feel like when you're digesting them."

Magus shook his finger at them and gave them a tsk-tsk motion.

"Surely you can?t be so rude to a new guest, haha! I do think I like it here perfectly--Ah!"

Without warning or hesitation the front man who had done all the talking charged, and plowed into Magus. Holding his balance, Magus did not fall, but was pushed back into the wall. His left elbow stuck out and pierced a hole into the rotting wall, roaches scattered everywhere. For a brief moment Magus looked up, the rest of the clan members stood there, as if they had the utmost confidence put into their contender. Magus pushed the man back with his free arm, and wrenched his other arm free of the rotten grasp. He charged the man, and grabbed him by his neck, lifted him from the ground, and began to squeeze.

"Your ragged body would taste like hell itself anyways, you lowlife piece of trash."

The man began to kick and squirm, his other members began to move in on the cramped studio room, Magus? grip tightened as they walked in. He heard flints locking in place as they all started to pull out handguns. Magus looked over at the two women and gave a cheesy smile, as he then quickly turned to the window, his prisoner in his hand gasping, grabbing the hand around his neck and trying to pry it open.

"Now, one step closer and I can crush this man's windpipe, and that would be very bad, now, wouldn?t it? He seems like an alright guy and I really don?t think you'd want to lose him now, would you?"

The rest of the gang members didn?t say anything, as they silently complied with Magus, lowering their weapons.

"However crushing his windpipe could prove messy after all if his neck does completely cave, and that would just be absolutely disgusting to wash from my hands now, no? At the very least, his corpse should be in plain view if anything."

Magus backed toward the window, and opened it with his free arm, the gang members raised their weapons again, Magus quickly moved the man?s squirming body in front of him as a shield.

"You'd shoot your friend just to get at me? I?m flattered!"

Magus gave out a hearty laugh, the tensions in the room began rising.

"You jump down there, it'll be the biggest mistake you've ever made, this is our home turf pretty boy." One of the men yelled.

"Then it will make this all the more interesting now, wouldn't it?" Magus replied smugly. Using his free hand, Magus opened the large window, held the man outside, dangling down.

"Now, a fall from a second story building isn't lethal. . . more. . . force would be necessary, let?s have go then, right friend?" Magus slid out the window with his prisoner in his hand, approaching the ground, Magus reared back and launched him full force at the cement grave that awaited him.

Magus landed on the hood of a parked car, as it caved under his weight, Magus let out a breath of air as he fell onto the sidewalk. Slowly, he stood up recovering from the impact. He looked in the middle of the street to see a nice area of dark liquid oozing out of a crushed corpse. Magus smiled. Looking up he saw faces peering out of the second story window, Magus looked up and yelled.

"Until next time, friends! Haha!"

Magus ran down the sidewalk into an alleyway, and wasn?t seen again that night.

"So, they say he?s a mercenary from Satan himself, trying to hide? Sounds stupid...If he?s trying to keep a low profile how does killing a man in the middle of a street justify his purpose? ... I see. Alright...Alright...As long as I get compensated for this, he sounds... interesting..." The toned, tanned skin man hung up the phone as he took off his sunglasses, for the sun had begun to set. He adjusted his tie and walked down the crumbling streets of this clan infested outlet. There was no one else walking alone on the street, people walked in packs, either to show supremacy for their own clan, or in fear of getting attacked if they travel alone, it was all the same monotonous thing to The Ruger Man. He had gotten his tip on where his target was currently residing, and he knew he would have to hurry to meet him before darkness fully engulfed the city...

Magus was hunched over the prostitute, draining her of her very life. She stopped convulsing as Magus finally loosened his vice gripped, and removed his hungry mouth from the punctures in her flesh.

"I apologize..it seemed you weren't happy anyways my dear, first day starting your life as a harlot and your client feeds on you...in all actuality I did you somewhat of a favor."

Magus closed his victim?s eyes for her, as he temporarily stashed the body in the bathtub of the small room. The residence Magus was in now was yet another apartment, yet his one actually had a bedroom and a bathroom. However, this apartment was rotting at every possible spot just as the previous one. Moving over to the window of this first floor room, Magus slid it open, and began to exit. Suddenly, before he could begin to move out, a wire had wrapped itself around his neck, and he began to feel force pulling it back. Magus was pulled off of the window sill and back into the dark room. The wire had tightened, as Magus was thrashing wildly like a fish on a hook. The Ruger Man behind Magus had tightened his grip, but this victim was relentless in his pursuit of freedom from the wire, he had not yet slowed down as most victims would have passed out by now. Finally, Magus got a grip on what was going on as he planted his feet steadily on the ground, and pushed back as hard as he can.

CRACK!!!

Magus had slammed his assassin into the wall behind him, splintering one of the studs, pipes leading to other rooms bent against the Ruger Man's back.

Magus leapt across the room, turned, and faced his opponent, who seemed motionless against the concaved wall.

Perhaps something in the wall had impaled him?

"Pathetic," Magus said, seemingly annoyed and a bit startled. Magus turned to face the window again, eh stepped onto the window sill, and began to jump out to the dark city. Across the street he saw two men in a dark alleyway exchanging...something.

SSSSSHHHHT

Magus felt three objects rip through his lower and upper back. Bullets. The Ruger Man was now standing, his gun outstretched. Not only that, the wound on his neck where the wire had begun to sink in was starting to burn immensely, as were the bullet wounds.

"S...Silver?!?" Magus exclaimed, falling out of the window.

This man knew what Magus was, and how to take care of him. Magus ran his injured self to the street, where two S2K members sat on their red crotch rockets, Magus simply approached one and threw him into the other, knocking them off of their bikes. Magus leapt onto the seat of the bike, put it into gear and took off.

The Ruger Man was right behind him, and was already on the other bike after him, firing wildly at his speeding target ahead of him. He reloaded his gun with a free hand, and kept the chase. However, even though the town was rundown and practically overrun, there was law enforcement, and to both of the contender's surprise, a police car pulled out of an alleyway and turned on its lights behind the two, the driver had seen the firing and of course had called for backup.

Magus' head was pulsing, eh had never felt such pain since he actually fell into a church's pool of baptism water. He cranked the throttle of the bike until it wouldn't give anymore, and quickly banked the bike and took a sharp turn. His pursuer and the squad car were a bit behind, but still kept on with their chase. Magus had reached the center of the city, he knew there was a gang in particular that everyone feared, but couldn?t quite remember, and didn?t quite car at the moment, he needed time for his wounds to heal or he?d be finished with a few more shots of that lethal weapon. He looked behind him, and saw the distance between him and his pursuers, the street corner lights zipping by as a fence, people scrambling to the sidewalks, traffic was almost nonexistent in this part of town. Turning back around, Magus had seen a block in the road, old broken down cars barricaded the path ahead of him, and before he had time to react...

WHAAAM

Magus had slammed head-on into the barricade, as he was catapulted from his vehicle, and into the street of the inner city. Magus landed with a loud thud onto the pavement, as he skid for a few yards, he slowly stood up, his body not taking the abuse as good as it should, due to the silver pulsing through his body. He quickly ducked into an alleyway, and jumped into a dumpster, closing the lid. He knew that his pursuers saw the accident, and had more time to react, and probably have found their way around. Magus heard the sirens of the police vehicle, surprisingly, he heard at least three different cars emitting the sound.

More cars are probably assisting them in the chase..that should buy me some time..

Magus ripped his shirt off, as he began to dig in his wounds and remove the bullets inside of him.

I'll find him...I don't just run from my enemies..I'll hunt him down..

Magus removed the bullets, and threw them aside, he waited for the sirens to fade as he jumped out of the dumpster, his body slowly began to recover from the abuse it had taken. Magus looked around, this part of the city was different.

The lights illuminating this part were ignited vehicles, buildings were only half existent, the rest of the majority of them had been blown apart. Apparently, law enforcement and rescue teams had been ignoring this particular part of the city, and not even S2K or Zen members walked the streets, it was completely empty. Magus jogged toward one of the few buildings that retained it?s original exterior shape, and somehow fully intact, and entered a broken window. He could tell this building at one time was some kind of corporate office. Desks, chairs, cubicle walls, machinery had littered the floor still. Magus slowly walked his way to the door labeled "Stairs".

Instincts were guiding Magus, he knew what he wanted had somehow made its way into the building as well. He climbed the stairs to the absolute top of the large multistory building, and made his way onto the roof. His steps echoing in the vacant building, not a soul could be sensed by Magus. . . save one. The cool night breeze greeted Magus as he opened the door for the roof access, he did not have time so savor it, as standing on the opposite end of the roof, was his assassin, standing there calmly, still saying nothing. Sirens could be heard again as he heard them getting closer to the building.

Not wanting to fall victim to the bullets of his bane, Magus immediately charged at his full inhuman speed, swaying from side to side avoiding incoming fire from the enemy, magus heard the click of a gun out of ammunition as he launched himself into the air and slammed into his opponent.

The man grunted as he lost his balance and went over the edge of the building, hanging on to the ledge, Magus had over-pursued his attack, and found himself clinging to the ledge of the building as well. The Ruger Man?s weapon of choice fell from his grip and down into the street, now illuminated by red and blue lights everywhere, men could be seen pouring into the building. Magus quickly pulled himself up and away from the edge, as did his opponent. They squared off, as the Ruger Man delivered an unexpected kick to Magus' mid section, sending him to the ground. Pulling the silver wire from his coat pocket, the man leapt onto Magus and looped it around his neck once again, he began to tighten the grip.

Magus thrashed wildly again, he threw the attacker off, and hit him twice in the face, sending him stumbling back. The man recovered quickly and charged Magus, only to be knocked to the ground flat on his back by the unimaginable force of Magus? fist. Magus leapt onto his victim and pinned him down, his shoulders pinned by Magus? knees, his throat held in place by Magus? vice grip. Magus knew the police would be here shortly, it was only a matter of time before they ascended the stairs, they were probably on one of the middle floors scrambling up as the two contender?s fought.
?Now..who sent you?? Magus asked.

"I.." the man choked and gasped. "Have my reasons... to say...go to hell."

"Been there, allow me to send you there, first class."

Magus pulled his other arm back, as a blade shot out over his hand from his arm, he pulled it back, ready to execute another victim.

BOOOOM

Magus was thrown off of the man as the whole building shook intensely, a rumbling noise was heard from the sky. The building shook and groaned, it was on the verge of collapse. Magus saw The Ruger Man thrown to the other end, Magus looked over the edge to see intense flames pouring out of the building, something had detonated one of the middle floors apparently. The rumbling from the sky increased, as a spotlight shone in Magus? face, the light stunning him. The Ruger Man slowly stood up, as the light then moved to him. On the side of the helicopter, the letters "S.W.A.T." were legible, as a rope descended from the helicopter, men started sliding down.

"This is the Police, surrender now or you will be fired upon, your activity through this area is now over." a voice boomed over an intercom.

They think I?m one of the clan leaders here or something...

Magus looked over the edge, he assumed he was at least forty or fifty stories above the ground. He walked toward the center of the building the guards poised to attack, there were four men, two facing Magus and two facing The Ruger Man. Suddenly, the building shook again.

BOOOM!

Another explosion rocked the building, sending everyone on the roof sprawling as the building tipped to its side a bit. Magus regained his balance, and seized the opportunity to charge the center, and leapt into the air grabbing the dangling rope of the helicopter. The Ruger Man saw his target escaping, and charged the center and grabbed the rope just below Magus. The soldiers beneath them scrambled toward the rope, however, one last explosion and the building began to collapse to the street below it. The helicopter began to move away from the collapsing building, the pilot knowing his men were gone. Magus pulled himself up quickly, with the Ruger Man behind him, the rope swaying while the helicopter flew through the air. Looking down, Magus saw a group of men running down the streets, away from the demolished building, whooping and hollering.

myg0ts....they crashed the building..

Magus pulled himself into the helicopter, and quickly made his way to the cockpit, The Ruger Man had just hoisted himself in. . .

For some reason I see all my apostrophes and quotation marks as question marks..could be a problem on my end, please excuse it Cuc if I missed some when I tried to fix it...

Best answers
(I'm sad, mine is too short :( and I took longer than you. P.S Sorry if I missed any question marks all my punctutation was messed up)

Two men, one large guy and the other visibly shorter, wearing black suits started making their way toward a rotting old building. They walked through the street casually with their rugers upholstered; groups of people and cops avoiding them.

"Is this it?" asked the shorter of the two.

"Yah lets go, remember what the boss said be cautious" commanded the other in a deep voice.

"Man I don?t get why the boss sent two of us, there isn't even one guard around and it's just one man", said the man as they started making their way up to stairs, "So what if he's had a few attempts on his life, it doesn't mean anything he just got lucky"

"Stop whining, this guy is worth three million you should be happy"

"I'm not whining I'm just.."

"Shut up", interrupted the other "We're here, room 113"

"Should we knock"

"What are you an idiot, kick the door down"

"I can't do that; I'll ruin my new shoes?

"*****", exclaimed the other as he kicked the door down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You got a job for me and my men?" inquired a low dark voice, "Two hundred thousand? I'll send someone. Transfer the money to accou...

"Boss", a voice came through an intercom, "Two of ours were found dead on the street"

"I'll talk to you later", said the Ruger Man as he hung up.

"What happened?" asked the Ruger Man.

"They were thrown out of a five story building."

"On the job?"

"Yah, they were sent to take care of a man by the name of Magus"

"What's the info on the man?"

"Let's see, ummmn, here we go, he's 6'1, 184 pounds, black hair, this is amusing it says that he's half werewolf half vampire"

"Is that all?"

"Yes"

"Then call Pete, tell him I need some silver bullets"

"You actually think his a vampire?"

"Hey, if there's someone like me why not a vampire?" said the Ruger Man as he smirked.

"Hahahhahah", cackled Magus as he feasted on a prostitute," I love the taste of blood"
The moonlight crept through the open window as Magus drank the blood from the naked woman.
A loud squeak came from outside the door; Magus got up and started to make his way toward the door. He stopped halfway as the door flew across the room nearly knocking his head off. Where the door stood was a man with a ruger pointed at Magus' heart. The Ruger Man shot two bullets, one aimed at Magus' head the other at his heart, Magus' nimbly let himself fall but failed to dodge them both. A bullet through Magus' neck, the other hit the already dead prostitute; Magus got up and started walking toward the Ruger Man. "I missed?" thought the Ruger Man.

Magus? stopped dead in his tracks as he started feeling a burning sensation in his neck, "****", thought Magus," Silver?" In the moment it took him to realize this Magus made his way toward the window and jumped through falling unto the streets below. He broke his fall on a bent out of shape Topaz Mercury; he quickly searched his surrounded and found a motorcycle chained up next to a bar. He broke through the chain, hotwired the motorcycle and sped off; the Ruger Man made his way down the fire escape and saw Magus start to speed off. He got into his Mercury and went after him; a few policemen who were either really brave or really stupid started to chase the Ruger Man.

Magus tried to find a place to hide until he could think of a way to get the weapon away from his assassin. Magus' skin started to sizzle and burn. Magus looked around and saw the sun already coming up. "God damnit, I hate summer days" thought the vampire. He pulled over to a dilapidated old building; mold grew over the walls making them glow an eerie green, rats seemed to make half the building and while the wind flew in through the broken windows, the shadows engulfed most of the room and broken pipes stuck out of the walls. Magus heard sirens pass by the building as he started to enter. "He must have lost me" thought Magus, "Not to worry I'll find him tomorrow night and repay him with interest" Five shots broke the silence as they went into the dammed body of Magus. Blood seemed to weep from the open wounds as Magus fell to the floor. The Ruger Man walked over to the weakened demon and aimed his gun at Magus' head.

"AAAAAH"

Yelled the Ruger Man as Magus bit his hand, The Ruger Man dropped his gun from the pain; Magus quickly kicked the gun away to prevent any further harm from the hitman. Magus then put his other hand on the Ruger Man throat effectively cutting off his air supply. The Ruger Man tried to free himself from Magus' grip; Magus didn't stop squeezing until he heard his neck snap. Magus then threw the limp body unto one of the walls; Magus started taking out the silver bullets but then stopped as he heard a footstep. "You didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily did you?" mocked the Ruger Man as he pointed his ruger at Magus' face," You know, that really hurt", massaging his neck, "But don't take my word for it I'll show you?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent round from both of you.

Magus, you have improved quite a bit from the days of sportscaster disease, so it's time to supply you with my next piece of advice. You need to refer to Magus as something other than Magus when he's the subject in five sequential sentances. Note that I usually try to go by alternative monikers when I write, and there's good reason for it. Your action sequences felt out of sorts with your story segments, and as such, were eyesores compared to the rest of the wonderful story. Clean up the action descriptions a bit by mixing up proper nouns with pronouns or altenative nomenclature.

That being said, you had, as always, excellent imagination, and you successfully mixed excellent dialouge and humor with your story. I particularly liked the silver garrote, an interesting twist on an old toy, and the inclusion of myg0t crashing the building.

Clen, you must have heard the old saying, "the devil is in the details." Indeed for you it will be because it's what cost you this round. You had one spot of excellent detail, and that was all. Your dialouge was similarly mostly bland, with one shining example of how it should be:

clen said:
"You didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily did you?" mocked the Ruger Man as he pointed his ruger at Magus' face," You know, that really hurt", massaging his neck, "But don't take my word for it I'll show you."
Excellent quip at the end, however, you're formatting for the dialouge was off, try polishing that up.

Round to Magus, continue your efforts gentlemen.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The helicopter pilot frantically turned to face Magus, with the Ruger Man just pulling himself into the vehicle. Magus yelled to the pilot,

“Do not land until I say so, under no circumstances will you do otherwise, or I’ll make sure you die when this machine does, which I can arrange.”

The pilot kept his gaze ahead, and simply nodded. The vampire turned around to see his hunter walking toward him, the door on the side still open. Magus dove at The Ruger man, slamming him into the back wall of the machine, his head slamming into the small area where the roof met the “wall.” With a grunt, the hunter had pushed Magus off of him, and immediately charged with his arms outstretched. He quickly wrapped his arms around the killer, and swung him to the open door, then released the grip. With the helicopter swaying and the wind blowing around, Magus struggled to pull himself up as the Ruger Man walked toward the pilot.

“Give me your gun.”

The pilot, without saying anything, handed the hunter his sidearm .9mm pistol. The Ruger Man walked towards the opened door and fired upon Magus, who was still pulling himself in. The force of the bullets nearly threw Magus out the door again, but he regained his balance after pulling himself up. The vampire glared angrily at his hunter as he ran toward him again, slamming him in the face with his fist, sending him reeling into the cockpit. The chopper teetered as the pilot shoved The Ruger Man aside, readjusting the helicopter.

Magus looked out, noticing they were about to pass a tall intact building, they had apparently left myg0t turf, as most buildings were intact. The helicopter was flying surprisingly low, due to the pilot having to adjust to someone being hurled into his control center. Looking down, there was the pilot’s sidearm on the floor. Apparently it had dropped out of his opponent’s hand. He judged the distance it would take for them to fly over the skyscraper, and quickly slid on the metal rough floor and snagged the sidearm. While standing up, Magus shouldered his opponent back into the front of the vehicle, his head into the glass of the cockpit. The pilot looked terrified as he tried to remain calm and operate the machine, but the vampire took off the pilot’s helmet and aimed the gun at his head.

“Sorry, I need to get out.”

BAM

The pilot’s head jerked from the impact as blood spattered in the direction of the bullet’s exit. Quickly, Magus seized the opportunity and ran to the open door, leaping out of the soon to be destroyed craft. Behind him, the Ruger Man was regaining his composure, stumbling toward the exit as well. Magus had leapt out, as the helicopter began to visibly lose control and descend slowly as it moved over the building.

The vampire let out a groan as he slammed into the hard roof of the skyscraper he intended to land on. The chopper swaying like a leaf in the wind descended downward, straight towards a large office skyscraper.

BOOOM!!!!

A ball of fire had been created and was sent outward, the explosion had decimated the building, and shook everything around it as the sky was now an orange tint. The tired vampire stood up and looked at the city beneath him. This seemed a more prosperous part of the city, lights, people, and just normal civilization in general at this hour were seen, even with the packs of clan members roaming around. With a sigh, Magus made his way to the building access door, ripped it open, and let himself inside.

However, back on the roof of the building, The Ruger Man hoisted himself up from dangling over the skyscraper’s edge. He had jumped just in time. Sirens were wailing and destroying the somewhat serene sounds of city night life. He quickly stumbled his way toward the building access door, and sat down in front of it, resting up. He knew his prey was inside of this building still, and he knew this fight would have to end soon if hearing the stories and rumors of Magus’ past were true. He would either finish him tonight before dawn or he would have to look for him, because Magus would retreat and hide before dawn, making him virtually lost in the urban metropolis.
Inside the building, Magus had walked down to the 67th floor, four flights down from the roof itself. He was extremely surprised no alarms had gone off at this point, the office building’s security was weak. He sat down, and began to meditate, he knew his hunter was still around somewhere, he could feel something still yearning to end his life still, something still wanted to send him to Hell, as a slave and not a correspondent.

Outside the Ruger Man readied himself, and opened the building access door, and began to descend the stairs cautiously. As he came to the 7th floor, some foul odor had invaded his senses, an odor that was extremely hard to easily dismiss. It was an odor of death. Blood. Murder. His head began pounding, as he looked at the locked door and descended down to the next floor. Gritting his teeth, he heard a large church bell ringing, his head pulsing and pounding with each ring. Footsteps were heard scurrying up the stairs from a lower floor, coming up toward him. They begin to get faster, and from how many thuds were heard it sounded as if more than one person were coming up to meet him.

The Ruger Man quickly braced himself, seeing as he couldn’t break down one of the doors accessing the office floors. Slowly descending the stairs, he turned the corner to descend to the 69th floor, two hispanic children, one young boy, looking around the age of 6, and a young girl around the age of 10 ran up toward him, stopped, and smiled.

“Padre! Te hemos faltado! “

The Ruger Man froze, extremely puzzled, he recognized the faces, but this was impossible.

“Padre! Te hemos faltado! “

They motioned for him to follow as they both happily ran down the stairs to the 68th floor, then down to the 67th . . . The door he faced was slightly ajar. The bell still tolling and pulsating inside of his head, he slowly pushed the door open, only for his eyes to be invaded by an unexpected light. He was no longer in an office building in a run down clan filled metropolis. He was in a familiar Hispanic church abbey. He saw familiar faces carrying supplies around whether on their shoulders or on their mules. Children were near them whether following or assisting.

Everything was familiar, whether the atmosphere or recognizable acquaintances. He was having a battle within his own head at the moment. In all reality, did he not make the jump from the crashing helicopter? Could this be purgatory or visions from life flashing? Had he made the jump, yet fallen asleep outside the building due to exhaustion? Why was this serene atmosphere not making him feel serene?

He walked forward, and as he moved the surrounding serenity had changed. The abbey walls had instantly ignited into flames. People were no longer carrying on a typical day of life. The fire added to the fiery sunset over the abbey walls as it blazed. The dying grass beneath the Ruger Man’s feet cracked as he stepped forward. New scents entered his head as he took a breath in his nose.

Blood.

Murder.

Death.

He turned to his side to see recognizable faces struggling, while dangling from a noosed rope. Their necks unbroken; the ropes from the gallows suffocating them. He stood there frozen. The faces were of grown family members. The dangling people grabbed the rope on their necks to hoist themselves up, loosening the rope barely to breathe. Those who lacked the upper body strength dangled, thrashing, helpless.

The two children from before approached the hit man.

“Ayuda! Ayuda!”
“Ayuda! Ayuda! “
Tears filled their eyes, he now recognized the faces. . . the infants he left behind when he got his job. They were now pleading for help. He was still in a trance to whether or not this was reality or purgatory. Instinctively, he took a hypnotic step toward the children, who became instantly and spontaneously engulfed into flame as he approached them.

He gasped and froze where he stood, the children screaming. They’re bodies burnt incredibly fast, and the burnt bodies mutated into two horrors, each with a large object in their hands.

The children, or what used to be the children, now stood, hunched over, holding onto a flaming halberd, their bodies still slightly aflame. They stood as scaly burnt monstrosities, their faces of red glowing eyes, razor teeth protruding from their sickly heads, liquids pouring out of their mouth. They grinned at their one man audience and turned to the struggling victims on the ropes. The Man’s family. One demon reared back and launched the halberd straight into a middle aged man’s chest. From the rope he thrashed more, as the flame from the weapon spread around his body. His fragile body reeling and swaying from the rope dealing with the new found pain of being impaled and ignited. The woman beside him gargled, as the exact thing had happened to her.

In his horror trance, the Ruger Man turned around to see entire families of the people he once knew and loved along the walls of the abbey, nailed to the walls. They were all engulfed in flame, with more of the humanoid demon creatures running along the tops of the walls, pouncing and restraining whatever free terrified soul they could find.

The abbey’s bell no longer tolled in any specific rhythm, its sound had became deeper somehow, and would ring at intervals of maybe two in a quick motion, or nothing at all for minutes on end. His vision was now fixated on the center of the abbey, he was seeming to be ignored as nothing was trying to harm him. In the center of the alley stood a large wooden cross, untouched and unharmed from all the destruction around it. There was, however, a familiar face near the cross. Actually, to his disbelief, the man whom he had been hunting, was standing on the tip of the cross at the very top of the large cross, which stood a good eight to nine feet off of the ground. His prey stood with beyond perfect balance, his arms stretched outward, his hair slightly covering his eyes, his teeth protruding in a sadistic grin.

“Friend! Welcome to the very preview on what you will endure, and not die from after your death has come about you! No longer will you hunt another soul! No longer will you infect this planet and dimension with your sickening presence! No longer will others have to endure your infectious and plagued existence! You will die quickly, for killing you slowly would only prolong the fun part. You will wish your existence had never existed. Now, sit back, and enjoy the show before your death!”

Magus let out an evil laughter that tolled the abbey’s bell back into rhythm with him. He jumped off of the cross as everything around him had disappeared.

The abbey was empty, no longer aflame, no more gallows with ropes, no more people, the gate ahead to exit the abbey was peacefully ajar as the bell’s last ring still could be felt via vibration. The Ruger Man grit his teeth and ran forward, his mind still racing and repeating the visions in his head he had just witnessed. Hell. His Hell. He exited the abbey, only to be back in the office of the 67th floor. The room was dark, practically pitch black, the lights from the other buildings and the fire in the nearby building illuminating the room slightly. The hairs on his neck stood up as he quickly jumped to his side, avoiding an attempted charge and pin from Magus.

Seizing the opportunity, the assassin unsheathed a dagger from his boot and drove it deep into the upper left part, below Magus’s shoulder, pushing Magus down to the floor with force, he felt the tip of the long dagger stop as it was now touching the floor underneath the vampire.

“May not be pure silver but plated with enough to send you to hell.” The Man spoke, twisting the knife as his other hand began pounding the back of Magus’ head with his fist. One hit after another. Precious blood oozed out of Magus’ wound and his head began to secrete blood over the thinly carpeted floor. The vampire’s body began to convulse, begging for the abuse to stop. His breaths began to spread out, and became more heavy.

“I’ll send you to your hell you piece of ****. You cruel natured freak. You deserve to burn.” The Man said, ripping the knife out of the vampire’s flesh. His grip on the back of the vampire’s head tightened, ready to slam it again, but the vampire softly spoke.

“You...*cough* are...no...better...you kill...you kill...for payment...you take lives for what..you say...are for the greater good...you’re just like me..”

Slowly, Magus turned his head to face his opponent, his throat tightened, as he quickly spat out a huge chunk of blood into the face of the hunter. Using the moment of distraction Magus slowly stood up and moved toward the window of the office. His body was now violently shaking, his teeth now barred down as pure hatred and anger was read on his face, the Ruger Man was now up and moving toward him. With the dagger outstretched, he threw himself at Magus, who then lowered his head and plowed into the Man, sending him to the ground.

The battle torn vampire stood up, barely able to support his own weight, his body was seeming to get heavier.

“Ugh..not..now...I want to kill him in a manner where I can ..think...clearly...”

Magus yelled as he backed up to the other side of the large cubicle filled room. He lost his balance, and fell backward onto a cubicle wall. His arms and legs were pulsing so hard it was visible and obvious. The hunter had stood back up, the knife in his hand ready to be driven in to the heart of his victim, anger flowed through his body along with his blood. His mind feeling mentally violated and injured from what he was forced to watch, even if it was an illusion. He left a scar that would never fade.

Approaching the demolished cubicle pile, he readied his blade, and kicked over a pile of rubble, only to see nothing. Underneath one of the fallen walls that he had thought had fallen on top of Magus. Suddenly, all of the office rubbish had been sent hurling upward, sending the Ruger Man stumbling back in a state of surprise. A shadowy figure stood up where the rubble was, but was not the opponent the Man had been facing.

What stood before him was a dog-like humanoid. Wearing Magus’ attire, but the shirt had been torn a bit on the sleeves. The beast tore the rest of the shirt of as if it had been pestering it. Panting could be heard as the creature sniffed the air, and focused its attention on the man standing before him. The beast charged toward the opposite end of the room, with the Ruger Man in his cross-hairs. The hunter had braced himself, behind the beast many things had left their appropriate areas on desks and the ground, and began to float upward, and eventually fling themselves at the man. Phones, Staplers, Computers, entire desks were flying at him ahead of the beast. He immediately ducked under the projectiles, only to be slammed into by the freight train force of the bestial fury of Magus.

The beast let out an ear splitting, wall vibrating roar as began to viciously and savagely claw at the man’s mid-section. Clothing was torn until the claws became wet with blood and hindered by torn pieces of flesh. The hit-man yelled and attempted to drive the knife into the beast, who instantly grabbed both of the man’s wrists and pinned his arms to the ground. The Ruger Man was thrashing his head from side to side at this point avoiding the snapping jaws of the beast that had him pinned.

Finally, contact was made. The taste of human flesh and blood had filled the being’s mouth as the bear trap jaw had enclosed itself where the Man’s neck met his shoulder. The hit-man yelled in pain, as the beast shook his head viciously from side to side, tearing into the flesh. He released his grip, then bit again into the new open wound. The layers of flesh unexposed to the outer world were now being impaled and ripped by large fangs. Magus snarled as a bloody mess oozed onto the floor and conjoined with the blood Magus’ had spilled earlier from his wounds.

In a rage, the Ruger Man finally freed his knife arm, and drove the knife into the side of Magus’ abdomen. The bear-trap grip the beast had was now released as he arched his back in pain from the silver entering his body and bloodstream. He quickly jumped off and pounced on a nearby wall besides the stairs entrance as the Ruger man savagely ripped the knife out of the beast. Blood poured over his hand, as the left part of his neck bled profusely.

Panting, Magus clung to the wall as if gravity itself had shifted, and he was using the wall as his new “ground.”

The Ruger man gasped, and brought himself to his knees. All that could be heard was the hit-man’s heavy breathing and the panting of a great beast. Suddenly, a tapping, “clunking” down the hardened stairs of the building, as a small object had bounced its way into the door. Both of the contender’s attention moved toward the object, as it instantly detonated, sending a gas everywhere. The beast stood, un-phased, but moved to the opposite end of the room, where he could see the door to the stairs. The smoke looked like a fog creeping through the room at this point. The Hit-Man began to cough wildly as he stood up, only to be brought back down to his knees from the smoke.

“Freeze! Don’t move!” a muffled voice was heard as men poured into the office building. Armored men wearing gas masks flooded through the stairway doors, all holding automatic rifles. Behind them stood four tall men wearing black suits and just a gas mask on their face, all unarmed, holding briefcases, as if just overseeing an event. They all moved towards the Ruger Man and surrounded him.

“Don’t move! Don’t ****ing move!”

With a look of helplessness, the man threw his hands in the air, as the movement shot pain into his neck. Light shone on his face, temporarily blinding him. The bight marks on his neck were obvious, it was clearly seen that something had ripped into him, no clawing would have done something like that.

“He’s been bitten, get the science team in here.”

The Ruger Man felt a small prick on the other side of his neck as a tranquilizer dart made its way into him. He looked up at the men surrounding him as he was put onto a stretcher.

“The other is still in here, you remember your briefing men! This man is bitten and possibly infected, take him to the labs, we’ll detain the other and get him there shortly. Everyone stay alert, he’s still in the room somewhere...he’s in the form we were wanting to avoid...”

Magus curiously looked around, and saw men closing in on him from both sides.

“We’ve got him, get the silver chaff’s ready.”

Around the beasts feet rolled in four small metallic objects, which detonated sending extremely small bits of metal everywhere. The beast took a breath only for his body to get invaded with the substance it hated. His senses were going off the charts. His eyes were watering, his smell had gone berserk, he began thrashing wildly until for the first time since he was human, he had passed out unconscious.

Magus awoke, his conscious thought returning him. He saw his opponent being lifted onto a stretcher.

“If he gets infected we’ll keep him, but since we have the other one as a specimen it won’t matter. If he doesn’t get infected dispose of him, get him back to HQ pronto.”

Magus felt arms grab him and hoist him to his feet, he was pinned against the wall. He felt a gun press into his chest. He looked at himself and saw he was now in his preferred form.

“Don’t move unless you want some holy piece of **** lead driven into you.”

Two other men stood beside him he was cornered. Each of them holding Magus’ hands down. Magus smiled as he instantly impaled the two in the chests with his wristblades, and brought his arms–with the men attached, in front of him, slamming into his captor. He immediately ran toward the door to the office corridor, automatic rifle fire was audible behind him as he escaped out the corridor. The original captor stood back up, pushed the two impaled bodies off of hm, and began to chase Magus, he ran out to the corridor, only to see a shattered window, with no signs of their prize.

He looked puzzled, out of the window, even with helicopters shining lights everywhere, there was nothing to be seen.

Two men were pushing the Ruger Man’s stretcher, as they loaded him into the back of the van, he heard two conversing by the open door, lights flashing blue and red as a sunrise could be seen behind all of the images of cars, yellow police tape, and people in black suits and uniforms.

“Take him to the Force Pit...we’ve lost the other one...let’s just hope the bite...spreads.”

The door was shut, and the Ruger Man’s consciousness escaped with a sigh of defeat.

Best answers
(Sorry I took so long, and if I missed any ?'s)
*Edit damn my is so short :(, does that affect the score?

The scream of the engine roared as the helicopter flew over the, now destroyed, building. A sickly light shone over the unkempt road. The dreadful shriek of the pilot broke the ominous silence; Magus hoisted himself in as the pilot fell onto the street below. The shadow of the hired gun inched his way toward beast that was Magus; Magus started to extract the silver bullets from his body. The Ruger Man dove upon the pilot's seat with his wire of silver pulled out only to find the pilot seat was empty.

"What the?" proclaimed the bewildered gunman

"You're as loud as an elephant" taunted the vampire as he pointed his extended blade toward the Ruger Man.

A drop of blood started to trickle down the neck of the Ruger Man as Magus' blade extended further. Fear fueled the assassin's next move as he tried to jump of the helicopter unto the street below. Magus quickly sliced through the Ruger Man leaving a hole where his heart used to be, then for good measure grabbed the body and pushed it off the helicopter. The hitman's body fell on the already bloody street, police cars could be heard in the distance fast approaching. Magus grabbed the controls and was trying to figure out how in the world to move it when a noise was heard below. Magus looked over the side of the helicopter;

"Don't move", threatened the Hitman, with a smug look on his face, as he pointed his ruger at Magus' face.

The hitman made his way onto the helicopter; the wound on the Ruger Man's chest was closed and, aside from a ripped suit, looked good as new. The hitman started to make his way toward the vampire, Magus was backing away from the hitman and for the first time there was uncertainty in his eyes. Magus started to move slowly toward the controls and started to reach for the controls but before he could reach them the Ruger Man grabbed demon and threw him toward the back of the helicopter.

"See you in hell" said the Ruger Man with merciless eyes.

The Ruger Man unleashed hell on the demon, all seventeen bullets left the gun, with each one making an irritable sound; as limb as ever the demon dodged the bullets and the proceeded to destroy the controls. Before the helicopter crashed Magus quickly jumped out onto the street landing on two feet. The out of control helicopter crashed into a building titled "Newbie Central"; Newbs started pouring out of the building, some with needles filled with the brain cell damiging EVM still attached. The Ruger Man tried to drag himself out of the banged up helicopter as gasoline trickled onto the hitman's clothes.

BOOM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The explosion of the helicopter blew pieces of metal flew by narrowly missing Magus; the sirens of the police were getting closer by the second, Magus finished taking out the silver bullets then started feeding on the blood of the pilot's body. Although the blood was already starting to get cold it was enough for Magus' pain to disappear. The police arrived at the scene accompanied by a tall man with the badge of a moderator; these men are the highest level of power in the city.

"****", though Magus as he gazed at them from behind what used to be Newbie Central, "Godamit, I hate mods".

The Ruger Man started to sneak up on the distracted Magus, and for the second time took out his fiber wire this time making sure that the demon didn't hear him; the hitman wrapped the wire around the beast's neck and started to pull. Magus starting trashing about kicking and punching his assassin, the smell of burning skin started to fill the room as Magus kept trying to get the Ruger Man to release his grip on him. Magus grabbed finally grabbed the Ruger Man and threw him across the room crashing onto the wall and the hitman grew limp once more.

"I'm going to make sure you stay down this time", whispered Magus as he grabbed a piece of broken glass from the floor,"I bet your blood tastes real good hitman".

Magus grabbed the Ruger Man and kept beating the assassin unto the wall every few seconds. The Ruger Man groaned in pain as every time Magus beat him into the wall, blood started to decorate the charred room; however the assassin was still alive. Magus decided to end it and sliced his throat; blood started gushing out of the open wound but to the amazement of Magus the wound closed in just a few seconds.

"So, you can regenerate at tremendous speed"? questioned Magus," I wonder how much blood you can generate".

The Ruger Man took the opportunity to take out his gun and shoot at Magus's heart; however Magus simply grabbed his hand and snapped in backwards. The Ruger Man cried out in pain and dropped his gun as his body started to move his arm back to its correct place. Magus started to laugh as he saw how helpless the assassin had turned out to be without his weapons. The Ruger Man kicked the demon in a place where even the undead feel horrible pain. The Ruger Man than took the opportunity to grab his ruger from the floor and quickly aimed at the downed Magus.

*CLICK*

The sound of the empty ruger echoed the room; fear was then seen in the Ruger Man's eyes. He quickly made a break for the door only to be stopped by a grinning Magus. Magus grinning face soon turned into a face that hungered revenge, he grabbed the assassin and returned the favor with interest. Kick, after kick, after kick, until Magus felt satisfied and readied himself to once and for all finish the Ruger Man.

"Freeze!" Commanded the voice of a policeman as he entered the room, closely followed by four more, "We know what you are and we are equipped to kill you, give up now and you will live"

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clen, much better effort, you polished up your grammar fairly well. You need to make a stronger effort on depth though, as again, you lacked Magus' level of description. I did, however, like your sly remark to EVM users.

This round and match goes to Magus (+1100xp), and you get +1156 for your loss, 10% of Magus' xp.

Magus, this round was much better than the last, more of everything, and you took my suggestion to heart. It significantly improved your fight scenes.

Best answers
clen said:
(Sorry I took so long, and if I missed any ?'s)
*Edit damn my is so short :(, does that affect the score?
Story length does not effect the outcome of the match. Simply put, one person may decide to enter more detail over a larger spread, whereas someone might find a way to make a short story extremely detailed.

Essentially it come down to what you like and your style, but at the end of the day the length won't effect your score should you win/lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom