💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm......how about...
ok..i think i got it..
well, the work and brushing are amazing!
alot better that i can do...
but, maybe..instead of adjusting the planet to them, u adjust them to the planet?
i donno, that is all i can think of.. :)
hope i helped j00
*Spectre wub's j00

Best answers
try making cracks inside the planet
red cracks

then it looks like it's going to blow

Best answers
Yeah well, i dont like it that much at all. As it was said before, the planet is just sort of.....out there, totally out of place, and the 'lighting' of the planet doesnt match either, which could be fixed by meddling with contrast and such. I dont like the planet surface either, its too....generic. Im assuming you just started Bryce, as everyone and their grandma seems to have lately, so I suppose you dont know about more advanced texture options, but the pattern(tiling)repeats in a weird mirror effect, which I think looks really terrible(making it stretch in the middle like that). Plus, the edge of the planet is really messed up, like you clipped it out, and its super pixelated or something. I dont see where you all get off saying 'Wow Wowy wow!' with every picture, lol. You all must be easily impressed.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sparr
Yeah well, i dont like it that much at all.
that's ok

As it was said before, the planet is just sort of.....out there, totally out of place, and the 'lighting' of the planet doesnt match either, which could be fixed by meddling with contrast and such.
And how would u do that then? t is just there, but like I said, that's the way it is in "real" space too

Plus, the edge of the planet is really messed up, like you clipped it out, and its super pixelated or something.
that's something I don't see, looks smooth here

I dont see where you all get off saying 'Wow Wowy wow!' with every picture, lol. You all must be easily impressed.
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, and u know, there's more to an image then only 3d, personally, I liek the overall, and especially my airbrushing, but others might have other reasons, u don't like the whole image because u think the planet looks wrong.. everyone their own opinion :yes:

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Indy] External Corridor

Made with bryce.. and offcourse photoshop!

comments please :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice, I like the light beams, are they after something :?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its very nice, i think u should add some beams, it would look perty :p
very nice, bye this work ive just learnt how to brush ^_^ :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sexy like always but i would blend the beams more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The beams look like they are flat, no perspective, try fixing that, but the rest looks awsome.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice work! It kinda reminds me of those futuristic citys you see in all those sci-fi movies. :D Oh no! Something is chasing after us! :p

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well thanx for the comments! I'm really satisfied with the outcome myself! I got some great comments too, thanx so much people!

grtz Naz

Best answers
First off, I think you changed the edges, because theyre more blurred and MUCH better looking now, lol. Don't worry, no one has to know..... Anyhow, with the planet out of place, it just doesnt LOOK like a planet. Its just very out of place, theres no 'sun' no light source, just weird colored lights and comet type things. Its like the contrast doesnt match, its too bright and all. Plus, you need more stars to be considered a planet by most. All I see is a round blury edged funny-looking rock with some disco-floor thing going on in the background. Bryce can do more than you'd ever imagine. Dont stick Bryce in some other program, work with Bryce in and of itself. Only do postwork if you know what you're doing.

Best answers
I'm going to disagree with you Sparr on the Bryce only thing. Just because Bryce has features does not mean that it does those features well. Text would the the most glaring example in my mind of something that Bryce can do, but not sensationally. To limit yourself to one program is to limit your abilities. That is a bad thing.

I do agree with Sparr on the planet though, it doesn't grab me as a celestial body. I can't say from a technical standpoint why that is, but to hazard a guess, I'd say that it does not really appear to be round. The light and shadow don't behave in a way that would be logical for a spherical object. Maybe some of that is color. I also have to agree that the texture is a little weak. I don't really have a working understanding of Bryce, but if the stock textures don't jive with what you're going for, is it so hard to make your own?

On the first piece the 3D work is nice, but I don't really think that as a composition it is interesting enough to stand on it's own. I just think it needs a little more depth.

Also a note on the border and text look, it immediately reminds me of the motivational posters seen in any number of offices around the world labelled with such business buzz words as "determination" and "teamwork." That is not really a bad thing, but is that the look you want your work to communicate? Do you see "Endurance" as part of a motivational desk calendar on a power executive's day planner?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread might look a bit weird because of merging. About the border and text, it reminds me of something totally different then it reminds you of mrDomino, so on all the questions you asked the answer is pretty much no. It reminds me on those cool scence fiction posters I've seen. Everyone has their own feeling with art, because everyone had different experiences in life. Thanks for your reply though :yes:

Originally posted by Naz

Retired
Best answers
top job m8.

I really need a new PC for bryce progs and 3dsmax for that matter, a 600 mhz just doesnt cut it, also needs more ram :(.

gj

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, from what i have seen, all your work is good!!
the last one is the best!

Best answers
Great work naz i'm still newbie to 3ds max as you can see in my sig hope to be as good as you some day naz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom