NES just wtfpwn my self esteem

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go play metal gear solid 2: sons of liberty on extreme and tell me that good looking games cant be hard....

Best answers
Anyone remember Solomons Key? That was one tough game. I remember playing all the way through Castlevania, one hit left of Dracula, cross flying at his head... power goes out and erases game.... /sigh ... /starts over...

I too think most games today are all about the shiny glossy flashy visuals. I want challenge, fun factor, story, and content.

Gimmie my NES and SNES anyday over all the other systems. The only reasons that I bought a PS1 + PS2 were for Final Fantasy baby. Too bad FF sucks on the PS2. :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Krillin said:
Anyone remember Solomons Key? That was one tough game. I remember playing all the way through Castlevania, one hit left of Dracula, cross flying at his head... power goes out and erases game.... /sigh ... /starts over...

I too think most games today are all about the shiny glossy flashy visuals. I want challenge, fun factor, story, and content.

Gimmie my NES and SNES anyday over all the other systems. The only reasons that I bought a PS1 + PS2 were for Final Fantasy baby. Too bad FF sucks on the PS2. :cry:
Ain't that the truth. And yes, After I saw FF10 I lost all my love for Final Fantasy.

KyoKusanagi

K
Hmm - heres some hard games for ya on Nes and Super Nes

Mystical Ninja
Double Dragon 3: Sacred Stones
Super Punch Out - though when you figured out the patterns it became alot easier
NInja Gaiden Series\Shadow Warriors
Street Fighter II - after playing the cross over series, the original series especially the super nes versions seemed really hard

thats only a few games but games that is recent but still remains a decent challenge would have to be the Metal Slug, Raiden and 1945 Strikers games...heheh i love 2D scrolling shooters.

Best answers
Not only were the games hard but starting the nes was hard too, ya had to blow like hell in the cartridge to get the dust out. *push down turn on , strange screen, push up , push down , power on , pink screen* argh. Hell just touching a super ness game while its in play dose odd things. Anyway You forgot one for the super-nes Kyo , its Star wars : empire strikes back. Took forever to beat. If you know some one thats beat that game then give them a hug , they've been though alot.

KyoKusanagi

K
Lol i beat Super Return of The Jedi and Super Star Wars but not Super Empire Strikes Back....yet. And i agree with the machine being hard to start - though my PS1 is like that now - the spindle is held together with blutack and every now and again the disc gets misaligned with the laser and skips so i have to push the cd down hard to get it working again...atleast now i got my ps2 so no more worries - for now at least.

Heres some more games that were hard:
Gran Turismo 1 and 2 - License tests for International and Super License
Lemmings (the entire series)
Super Mario Bros 1 - anyone end up getting past 8-3 or 8-4?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES Version - ive got the rom but its still damn hard
Contra - particularly the Megadrive and Super Nes versions - i mean if u get hit once thats it.

Also notice that none of the game systems since the Super Nes came with a pack in game. By this i mean that the PS1, Saturn, N64 etc have only come with one controller, the neccessary wires and the console itself and usually a demo disc (PS1 and Saturn only) though Wing Commander and Virtua Fighter were packed in on a trial basis. What happened to the days when u got 2 controllers and at least one game. The super nes came with a 5 in one pack (Super Mario All Stars). The Genesis\Megadrive came with a series of 6 In 1s, even the humble NES came with 2 games and a lightgun...what gives?

Best answers
Come on you guys you have to remember this code and the game that it belongs to.

Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh Sonic is dead on.. One of the reasons why halo is so friggen hard, it works on a checkpoint system, you can't save whenever you want ( i never updated it, so i dont know if you can in other versions) It's all about the saving, now granted Even if you don't save in max payne you're going to beat it... but There are plenty of hard games out there, just the fact that you can save at any time you want and redo anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MONXver2.0 said:
Not only were the games hard but starting the nes was hard too, ya had to blow like hell in the cartridge to get the dust out. *push down turn on , strange screen, push up , push down , power on , pink screen* argh. Hell just touching a super ness game while its in play dose odd things.
OMG people like me do exist :shocked:

But I haven't played NES since I was eight, but I always remember superman , zelda, metroid (oh god that game was hard), spy vs spy (that was an easy game if you knew how to play it) and hockey (remember when the players were sticks).

Best answers
Majin Krillin said:
Come on you guys you have to remember this code and the game that it belongs to.

Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start.
There's also:
B, A, B, A, up, down, B, A, Left, Right, B, A, Start. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i recently dug my nintendo out to play it first i had to blow all the dust out then i had to go WWF on that thing. it finally worked.

i had a god time playing paperboy and double dragon 2, not to mention duck hunt. i still have a working gun

and yeah metal dear solid: sons of liberty is hella hard

but i think one of the hardest games to come out was legend of legia. not because it was difficult because the bosses were so insanely overpowered it was like luck if u beat them.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't it up, up, down, down, left, right, b, a, start.

Anyway, you want a game that boarders on the impossible? Try the original ghostbusters game for NES. I can't beat the damn thing cheating. I finally beat it cheating AND using save states on an emulator, but damn that game's hard. Original Zelda wasn't hard, just long (Takes a while to beat both quests). Wizards and warriros II: Ironsword was another insanely tough one. Had to beat the last several levels with basically one life :p

But even SNES started getting too easy. As much fun as it was, illusions on gaia for example was a synch. Beat it in a few hours.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom