Nero

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello, I'm not sure if this is totally the right thread to post this in, but I've got a problem with my cd/dvd writing:

I put my blank DVD in my DVD combo drive and the speeds are fine and all, I have Nero installed(version 7) and then I try and burn folders onto the DVD, but before I can they say something about my DMA and they can enable it for me(I don't even know what that is). After that I get and error that just says "DMA failed" and that's all.

So now I don't know what to do, how can I burn my cds and stuff, please help me!:cry:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Hello, I'm not sure if this is totally the right thread to post this in, but I've got a problem with my cd/dvd writing:

I put my blank DVD in my DVD combo drive and the speeds are fine and all, I have Nero installed(version 7) and then I try and burn folders onto the DVD, but before I can they say something about my DMA and they can enable it for me(I don't even know what that is). After that I get and error that just says "DMA failed" and that's all.

So now I don't know what to do, how can I burn my cds and stuff, please help me!:cry:
I think you just answered your own question there. A dvd combo drive acts as a dvd reader and cd burner in one. If you're wanting to burn dvds you are gonig to have to get a dvd writer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, thx, I'll try that now and hopefully it works.

But also, you know that with normal XP you can also burn a cd, right? I'm not sure if that also works for dvds, but that doesn't even work, you know what I mean, where you just copy and paste the file onto the drive when a cd is inserted then you say "write these files to cd" but that's the thing, maybe it's just for cds.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
ok, thx, I'll try that now and hopefully it works.

But also, you know that with normal XP you can also burn a cd, right? I'm not sure if that also works for dvds, but that doesn't even work, you know what I mean, where you just copy and paste the file onto the drive when a cd is inserted then you say "write these files to cd" but that's the thing, maybe it's just for cds.
Burning a cd/dvd using windows itself is crap anyway, using a proper burning program is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom