neoboys artwork

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wanted everyone to see my art i have been doing since i was gone so here it is:

well in 2 weeks i have made a few new sigs and other art. check it out:

Best answers
I dont really like how you "blended" most of your pics, but one thing that bothered me in your brown piece, which i think is pretty cool, is the fact that you have a typo. If its something permenant make sure its right, "and you dont fell anything." Well i would hope he wouldn't "fell" anything :D i hope he feels it. Ok im done raggin' on ya. Overall its pretty nice :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
um....oops. give me a break i did that at like 3 am. anyway that one was my favorite too, it was hard as hell to make but it was fun. any more critz???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should say

"If I could.." "..I would like to go to.. the same place as you.."

"He gave his life for you.." "..and you don't feel anything?"

Best answers
I definitely have to agree that the brown one is the strongest. The rest just seem like a standard array of stock imagery, preset texture, and blending modes. The brown one is different and has more meaning, though the meaning might be a tiny bit obscure. But I say do things that are a little bit different, don't be afraid to experiment. A lot of people are getting caught in that shapless-blob-with-technical-stuff-sprinkled-on-it trend or the dirty-and-moody-to-no-end trend. Don't follow other people's work, do your own thing.

That said, I think you need to get away from that grid pattern you used in most of them. I'm not sure if it's supposed to simulate pixels or something technical or if it's just space filler. In any case I don't really see the relation to the topic, though to be fair, I don't know what anime your using so I could easily be way off base here. The font is a little wierd for what you're doing as well, part of that is the outline on the text which has a tendency to deform letters a little. If I may suggest, leave the text white and duplicate the layer. Fill the text on the second layer brown or black or whatever dark color fits what you're doing. Apply a gaussian blur or a low-pass to that layer and move it behind the first, white text layer. Generally that creates enough of a separation to be readable and does not affect the text ascenders or descenders like outlines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrDomino said:
I definitely have to agree that the brown one is the strongest. The rest just seem like a standard array of stock imagery, preset texture, and blending modes. The brown one is different and has more meaning, though the meaning might be a tiny bit obscure. But I say do things that are a little bit different, don't be afraid to experiment. A lot of people are getting caught in that shapless-blob-with-technical-stuff-sprinkled-on-it trend or the dirty-and-moody-to-no-end trend. Don't follow other people's work, do your own thing.

That said, I think you need to get away from that grid pattern you used in most of them. I'm not sure if it's supposed to simulate pixels or something technical or if it's just space filler. In any case I don't really see the relation to the topic, though to be fair, I don't know what anime your using so I could easily be way off base here. The font is a little wierd for what you're doing as well, part of that is the outline on the text which has a tendency to deform letters a little. If I may suggest, leave the text white and duplicate the layer. Fill the text on the second layer brown or black or whatever dark color fits what you're doing. Apply a gaussian blur or a low-pass to that layer and move it behind the first, white text layer. Generally that creates enough of a separation to be readable and does not affect the text ascenders or descenders like outlines.
ok...umm....i dont know about everyone else but i didnt understand one word that came of of your mouth..... i did however catch the comment on the grid pattarn. i just like to use it. thanks for your comments and btw that anime is called naruto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom