need to know about a huge map

Best answers
i just wanted to know the name of some very large maps so i could make a 32 person server and have a lot of space.if you could post some names that would be great thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alot of the defaults maps are already the max size. You can dl more from esf-world.com, ape_City is pretty big, so is esf_babidi, but alot of maps are already big.

And a piece of advice, don't play big maps for actual games, just for fun, they tend to lag people who aren't host. And a 32 player server in ESF really just isn't possible. ESF has alot of explosions and sprites and things going on, 32 people would just lag out the entire server.

But yeah, good luck in your quest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, the thing about ESF is that the player models are actually considerably smaller than normal. So a map the maximum size possible in the engine would be perfect for your tastes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure nearly all of the included ESF maps are at or very near the maximum allowed size. A map usually seems big because it was designed that way and is more open, not because it uses every bit of the map matrix.

The problem with open maps, though, is that quote a bit of the map can be seen at once, so it must be rendered at once. People with lower end computers aren't going to like huge open maps for that reason.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thing theath the big maps are not for INTERNET just for LAN like I like to play an the lan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
arrival is a nice, huge default map. However if you don't like it, I suggest my personal favorite...n_frieza. check it out on ESF world. Its a wide open space...not too much gets in the way...and its got really nice effects that don't cause much (if any) FPS drops. The City is good too but itsn't wide open space.

So Arrival and n_frieza should be fine.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
N_freiza gives you horrible fps though. plus theres really nothing to the map, just a big whole in the middle surrounded by flat land o_o

*runs away before logan kills meh*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
N_freiza gives you horrible fps though. plus theres really nothing to the map, just a big whole in the middle surrounded by flat land o_o

*runs away before logan kills meh*
It doesn't give me horrible fps at all. Thats why I like it so much. You just need a good computer...and most people do these days. hell, I probably have the worst computer compared to most of you.

And he asked for a big, wide area....thats why I suggested n_frieza.

oh.....and *kills you*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom