Need some opinions

Best answers
Ok I just bought myself a new computer today , doesn't have windows installed yet(need to buy it this week) and I wanna know if I got a good system since I'm not that much of a hardware freak. I'm intrested to know if the Video Card is good since I'm probably gonna use it for gaming and photoshop.

Here it is

Processor Intel Core2Duo E6320 1.86 GHz
2GB RAM DDR2 533
Hard Disk 250 GB
DVD±RW Dual Layer
Video Card NX8600GT-T2D512MB DDR3

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your video card is very good! Your whole system looks nice and good for gaming and photoshop. I suggest you use Windows Xp in stead of Vista for these kind of things!

Best answers
Ya I already know vista isn't good for this kind of stuff. I'll get a windows XP pro

Best answers
The 8600GT isn't mind boggling, but never the less, it is a fairly decent card for playing games (With lower settings in most newer games). The CPU also looks alright, I'd be looking into do some overclocking on it in future. Use CPU-Z and take a screenshot of the mainboard tab so I can see what chipset you are using.

Best answers
How much did you pay for that? ( because I am buying PC soon, too)
Around 600 euros , and I am pretty happy with it, I can play the newest games perfectly , and the PC runs way faster than my old one.

Best answers
Yup , Assasin's Creed runs perfectly fine on this PC , I get no errors or lag.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them

-and they all smell bad.
it's called bleach~

Decent enough system for your average gaming needs.
should last a year orso, and that's when you can get a 8800 GT for like 75 dollars, which is about a 70% increase in overal FPS!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only downside of using XP is going to be that you won't be able to use anything DX10 and the 512 8600GT should run avg DX10 reasonably well. But then again, with only 2 gigs physical ram, you might not wanna run vista either, which despite what MS says, really needs 3-4 to run nicely with anything else going on.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only downside of using XP is going to be that you won't be able to use anything DX10 and the 512 8600GT should run avg DX10 reasonably well. But then again, with only 2 gigs physical ram, you might not wanna run vista either, which despite what MS says, really needs 3-4 to run nicely with anything else going on.
I'm gaming perfectly well with both 2 gig's and 4 gig's.
The only drawback I've noticed so far are memory heavy applications like photoshop, this is were vista 2gig seems to struggle at times.

also the 8600GT won't run any DX10 game above 800x600 with 40+ fps

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, let me get some things out of the way here. Vista runs with 2GB, perfectly fine. How do I know this? I'm currently using it with Vista on my laptop. The most any game used of my RAM was Crysis, 1.6GB.

Does the 8600GT run any game above 800x600 with 40+ FPS? Most likely yes, I have a 8600M GT, which is slightly weaker than the 8600GT. And it can run Crysis on medium/high settings at 1280x1024 with 35+ FPS. And that is with stock clocks. With an overclock on it, it works even better. Now, mind you that this is a laptop, so I am limited in how far I can OC it. But a desktop is far easier to overclock, so you can get much more out of it. Seeing as how you can also OC the CPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom