Need some legal advice about a teacher at my school, please any and all help!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so my teacher in my class has this rule:

"If you get lower than a 70% on a test, it gets put in the gradebook as a zero until you retake that test and get higher. Until you retake it and get higher than a 70%, it gets put as a zero"

Is that even legal? Technically a zero is not what I got on the assignment, so in a way she's changing my ****ing grade to something worse.

She's a biology teacher and I'm really bad at biology. But I'll be damned fi I have an A in that class, get like a 68% which would bring me down to a B, or a low B, but instead have it marked as a 0 which would bring me down to a D/F.

So, does anyone know if this **** is legal / if I can bring it up with the head dean or whatever.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm.

You could draw her some more pictures for extra credit. If I were you, though, I'd kill her. She'll probably be replaced then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if actual law is withheld in school systems. It might just be the way the teacher teaches. You can always go to the principle and ask, it never hurts to ask. That does sound pretty whacked out and *****y though. That teacher needs to take the pole out of her ass. Less then a 60 is an F nothing more nothing less.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

1) 70% is a low grade.
2) You can retake the test

Seriously, if you fail, just retake the test. How hard could it be, you can't fail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

1) 70% is a low grade.
2) You can retake the test

Seriously, if you fail, just retake the test. How hard could it be, you can't fail.
The thing is, if I get a low grade on one test, and it brings me down to a B, I'm OKAY with that. a B is a good grade.

but she would FORCE me to re take it. so instead of getting that B, I'd be at a D. which I'm not okay with.

that's what I don't like. lawl.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just ***** about it anyway.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, if I get a low grade on one test, and it brings me down to a B, I'm OKAY with that. a B is a good grade.

but she would FORCE me to re take it. so instead of getting that B, I'd be at a D. which I'm not okay with.

that's what I don't like. lawl.
Kain, you know I love you. Really, I do. What I'm about to say might hurt your feelings, but just know that I'm doing it out of love.

Stop being a lazy piece of ****. Seriously. This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard anyone ***** about. You have it made, there's no possible way you do bad in this class. Spend the 20 ****ing minutes it would take to complete the test after school and be happy that your teacher is so generous.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So.. you can retake the test as many times as you want? Thats not a bad deal at all. At my highschool, only special cases were allowed to take retests. If you get your 68% just study some more that night, then retake it the next day and you might beable to score like a 75% or more. She's basically just giving out high letter grades, you can't fail or do bad in that class unless you're lazy and just take the zero :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Note: I -do- study, but not obsessively. Maybe 20 minutes every few days.

but I can not just wrap my head around the whole science thing, and never was able to. that's why I'm all blah about it.

Best answers
still after taking the test once you should be able to do better than the first time. If you keep retaking it you should be able to beat a 70 eventually. Really I wish all the classes i've had to take tests on had the same policy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, what she's doing is kind of ****ty, but on the other hand, I can see why she's doing it. So I would just take the test again.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, sounds like she just wants you to push yourself. Sounds like she should be praised, not scorned.

Btw, i have no clue what the American system is like, does this test count at all towards qualifications at all? or is it just an in-class review of a subject or something?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, it's high school man. Just keep taking it until you get a decent grade, this teacher is being very nice about it. Seriously, you just have to figure out which questions you don't know and look them up. How can you not get an A?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Btw, i have no clue what the American system is like, does this test count at all towards qualifications at all? or is it just an in-class review of a subject or something?
I'm curious about this, as well.

Were I in your position, I'd stop questioning the legality of what your teacher is doing and ride the wave for as long as I could.

Best answers
well.. the teacher can do what he want to avaible his students..
Here its legal.. we have tests that people can get negative number.. a test avaible about 0 to 10, the student can gets, lets say, - 4...

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man what a mother***** of teacher you have. If she was my teacher I would flat her car's tires. (just get a very small rock into the the valve's cover, and close the valve. the tire will be flat in like an hour or 2) hihihihi!!!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I wanted to retake an exam, I'd have to pay for it.

You could talk to your teacher about it, that might work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's because I hated high school work, but I would hate to have a teacher like that.

Personally? I would actually just retake it because I rarely found myself getting below 70% on tests.

But the thing is, some kids just can't grasp some of the stuff, and every now and then they squeak by with a D. But an automatic zero is harsh. A 0 does a hell lot more damage than a 50. But then the catch is, she's letting you retake it with out any sort of deduction...So I'm kind of indifferent now that I finish this post :|

God I'm glad in college.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would so abuse that privilege. If I knew i wasn't prepared for a test, I'd purposely fail. That would give me an extra night, or even weekend to study. HA! I'm amazing.

That's not sarcasm btw, that's me being dead serious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you get your test back, take it home and find the correct answers to the questions you answered incorrectly.

On the retake, fill in all of your previous answers and only correct the ones you got incorrect the first time. You should be able to get one hundred percent on the first retry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom